home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

Triple Douche-Dome: Bono v. Sting v. Billy Joel

Vote and debate.

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Who's the biggest rock and roll douchebag: Bono, Sting, or Billy Joel?

Douchebag, Bloody Douchebag!
35
40%
Every Little Thing He Does Is Douchey
23
26%
He's Always A Douchebag To Me
30
34%
 
Total votes : 88

Re: Triple Douche-Dome: Bono v. Sting v. Billy Joel

Postby The MayorofRockNRoll on Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:55 pm

Boombats wrote:I am stumped as to why Joe "my Maserati does 145" fucking Walsh is off the hook.


Because he's a funny, colorful, burnt out old rocker who'd managed to write greta riffs even past his prime.

He really didn't start to suck until he'd cleaned up his act.

If the song you're referencing is intended as disparagement towards Mssr. Walsh, you've unfortunately achieved the opposite. You've only reminded us of what a fine classic rock staple that song is. It's a song that's good to drive to.

Now, if you'd said Joe "Ordinary Average Guy" Walsh, we would've shrugged and said, "yeah, well..."
I am a weird recluse only here for sex.

PRF Short Fiction Challenge

The staff weren't giving me the things I needed to do my job effectively and give the kids their money's worth...it wasn't too hard considering the concert was only $5
User avatar
The MayorofRockNRoll
Master of Cunnilingus
Master of Cunnilingus
 
Posts: 12550
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:57 pm
Location: Rock N Roll

Re: Triple Douche-Dome: Bono v. Sting v. Billy Joel

Postby Boombats on Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:34 pm

That song sucks and you have smelly feet.
Escape Rope / Blxck Onion / Black Mesa
warmowski wrote:Fire back, absolutely, always and forever no matter how much it blows Andy's mind.
User avatar
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog
 
Posts: 20730
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:31 am

Re: Triple Douche-Dome: Bono v. Sting v. Billy Joel

Postby calhern on Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:37 pm

Joe Walsh is an asshole, but he's just a goofball. He's like that uncle that hits on your girlfriend and laughs really loud at his own jokes
calhern
linus pauling
linus pauling
 
Posts: 414
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:38 am

Re: Triple Douche-Dome: Bono v. Sting v. Billy Joel

Postby Boombats on Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:45 pm

I have a friend who successfully impersonated Joe Walsh numerous times, even meeting people who know Walsh. He even performed at a large venue as "Joe" and signed titties.
Escape Rope / Blxck Onion / Black Mesa
warmowski wrote:Fire back, absolutely, always and forever no matter how much it blows Andy's mind.
User avatar
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog
 
Posts: 20730
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:31 am

Re: Triple Douche-Dome: Bono v. Sting v. Billy Joel

Postby The MayorofRockNRoll on Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:00 pm

Boombats wrote:I have a friend who successfully impersonated Joe Walsh numerous times, even meeting people who know Walsh. He even performed at a large venue as "Joe" and signed titties.


See, I'll bet Walsh would've approved.

Yes, I have smelly feet. Still, Life's Been Good is a fine road jam.

Plus, we're talking about Mr. Funk 49, so he can get away with a little bullshit.
I am a weird recluse only here for sex.

PRF Short Fiction Challenge

The staff weren't giving me the things I needed to do my job effectively and give the kids their money's worth...it wasn't too hard considering the concert was only $5
User avatar
The MayorofRockNRoll
Master of Cunnilingus
Master of Cunnilingus
 
Posts: 12550
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:57 pm
Location: Rock N Roll

Re: Triple Douche-Dome: Bono v. Sting v. Billy Joel

Postby Dovey on Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:24 pm

Honestly I am shocked and appalled that a discussion of great musical douchebags has gone this long without a mention of:

Image
Mason wrote:What 2014 needs less of is branding.
User avatar
Dovey
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century
 
Posts: 2324
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:34 am
Location: Vancouver Complaint Corner

Re: Triple Douche-Dome: Bono v. Sting v. Billy Joel

Postby SecondEdition on Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:37 pm

Dovey wrote:Honestly I am shocked and appalled that a discussion of great musical douchebags has gone this long without a mention of:

Image


Because Elton John has more talent than all of these pricks combined, that's why.

Elton's certainly not perfect, but to bring him into this dome is just not right.
Life...life...I know it's got its ups and downs.

In the someday, what's that sound.


CS. PC. MM.
User avatar
SecondEdition
King Shit of Fuck Mountain
 
Posts: 22448
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 8:32 am
Location: Midwest, USA

Re: Triple Douche-Dome: Bono v. Sting v. Billy Joel

Postby sulfur)addict on Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:43 pm

Dovey wrote:Honestly I am shocked and appalled that a discussion of great musical douchebags has gone this long without a mention of:

Image


He's a great fucking songwriter. A thousand times better than Bono, Sting, and Joel thrown together.


Sting is easily the biggest douche of the three. His ego has its own gravitational pull.
Kerouacian as fuck.

NewDarkAge wrote:why, the fuck, would you post zizek in this thread
User avatar
sulfur)addict
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness
 
Posts: 3081
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:10 am
Location: Columbus, OH

Re: Triple Douche-Dome: Bono v. Sting v. Billy Joel

Postby SecondEdition on Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:51 pm

sulfur)addict wrote:Sting is easily the biggest douche of the three. His ego has its own gravitational pull.


Trudie Styler wrote:The worst part is... he's listening to his own feckin' music.
Life...life...I know it's got its ups and downs.

In the someday, what's that sound.


CS. PC. MM.
User avatar
SecondEdition
King Shit of Fuck Mountain
 
Posts: 22448
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 8:32 am
Location: Midwest, USA

Re: Triple Douche-Dome: Bono v. Sting v. Billy Joel

Postby bumble on Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:04 pm

I paused from reading this thread to put my pajama pants on for a long night of work.

Passing into my bedroom, I immediately stepped into a 8" circle of Cowboy (my boy cat) vomit. Cold cat vomit, bare feet.

For a moment, this stilled the horrific Billy Joel medley going through my head because Randy and crew were naming actual fucking song titles 'round 'bout page 2.

And for this reprieve, I was grateful.

Bono
Sting / cat vomit tie
Billy Joel.

Thank you.
User avatar
bumble
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
 
Posts: 4344
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:50 pm
Location: chicago

Re: Triple Douche-Dome: Bono v. Sting v. Billy Joel

Postby lemur68 on Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:42 pm

Dovey wrote:Honestly I am shocked and appalled that a discussion of great musical douchebags has gone this long without a mention of:

Image


Yale Delay can come on a bit strong, but a douche he is not.
big_dave wrote:This is just about finding a dorky selfie on his blogspot?

Jesus, this is the Space Ace by Don Bluth of internet intrigue.
User avatar
lemur68
King Shit of Fuck Mountain
 
Posts: 18283
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:52 am
Location: Columbus, OH

Re: Triple Douche-Dome: Bono v. Sting v. Billy Joel

Postby Colonel Panic on Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:56 pm

I was going to make a similar jest, but Comcast Internet has been down for the last couple hours and you beat me to it.

Well played!
All that glitters is not aluminum.
User avatar
Colonel Panic
King Shit of Fuck Mountain
 
Posts: 17039
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:12 am
Location: The Internet

Re: Triple Douche-Dome: Bono v. Sting v. Billy Joel

Postby readandburn on Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:00 pm

I am indifferent towards Bono and Sting. Fuck Billy Joel though.

Image
User avatar
readandburn
saddam hussein
saddam hussein
 
Posts: 939
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:22 pm
Location: Not Chicago

Re: Triple Douche-Dome: Bono v. Sting v. Billy Joel

Postby FuzzBob on Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:34 pm

SecondEdition wrote:
sulfur)addict wrote:Sting is easily the biggest douche of the three. His ego has its own gravitational pull.


Trudie Styler wrote:The worst part is... he's listening to his own feckin' music.


Sting's own wife ripping on him. Awesome. Where was this from?
User avatar
FuzzBob
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
 
Posts: 4202
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:39 pm
Location: Slintville

Re: Triple Douche-Dome: Bono v. Sting v. Billy Joel

Postby Mason on Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:37 pm

Marsupialized wrote:'It's very important for men in bands together to French kiss, every day, even if they don't feel like it'
User avatar
Mason
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge
 
Posts: 5050
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:42 pm

Re: Triple Douche-Dome: Bono v. Sting v. Billy Joel

Postby SecondEdition on Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:53 pm

FuzzBob wrote:
SecondEdition wrote:
sulfur)addict wrote:Sting is easily the biggest douche of the three. His ego has its own gravitational pull.


Trudie Styler wrote:The worst part is... he's listening to his own feckin' music.


Sting's own wife ripping on him. Awesome. Where was this from?


I don't know where it's from, but it's been quoted in full on online message boards more than a few times:

Everyone loves Sting. You know, like they love Like cancer, HIV and malaria. Perhaps the only man to have been more interesting as a teacher than a rock star, the most self-satisfied man on the planet often resembles a cat with a cream-flavoured arsehole. Twenty years of solitary confinement on Devil's Island nearly drove Papillon mad, but Sting would have emerged with a broad smug grin and several ideas for concept albums about himself.
This fact was sharply brought into focus for a mole's friend who had the misfortune to share a table with the self-basting bassist ("Mmmm, turn me over, mmm, I'm nearly done...") over Christmas.
The meal was pleasant. Sting was almost bearable, his wife was chatty and the small talk was progressing well. Until Sting reached into his jacket, produced his iPod and proceeded to listen to music whilst the mortals chatted amongst themselves. Naturally, the mole's friend was rather surprised and leaned over to Trudi to check whether someone had inadvertently insulted the great man.
To her credit, Trudi was forthright and brutally honest.
"He always does it. He's a fucking liability." Then leaning further in and covering her mouth with her hand, whispered...
"The worst thing is... he's listening to his own fucking music."


Mason wrote:A NIGHTMARE


Is it weird that literally the first thing I was reminded of when I heard this was the "psychedelic" noise explorations on the Red Crayola's album The Parable of Arable Land?
Life...life...I know it's got its ups and downs.

In the someday, what's that sound.


CS. PC. MM.
User avatar
SecondEdition
King Shit of Fuck Mountain
 
Posts: 22448
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 8:32 am
Location: Midwest, USA

Re: Triple Douche-Dome: Bono v. Sting v. Billy Joel

Postby FuzzBob on Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:49 am

SecondEdition wrote:I don't know where it's from, but it's been quoted in full on online message boards more than a few times:

Everyone loves Sting. You know, like they love Like cancer, HIV and malaria. Perhaps the only man to have been more interesting as a teacher than a rock star, the most self-satisfied man on the planet often resembles a cat with a cream-flavoured arsehole. Twenty years of solitary confinement on Devil's Island nearly drove Papillon mad, but Sting would have emerged with a broad smug grin and several ideas for concept albums about himself.
This fact was sharply brought into focus for a mole's friend who had the misfortune to share a table with the self-basting bassist ("Mmmm, turn me over, mmm, I'm nearly done...") over Christmas.
The meal was pleasant. Sting was almost bearable, his wife was chatty and the small talk was progressing well. Until Sting reached into his jacket, produced his iPod and proceeded to listen to music whilst the mortals chatted amongst themselves. Naturally, the mole's friend was rather surprised and leaned over to Trudi to check whether someone had inadvertently insulted the great man.
To her credit, Trudi was forthright and brutally honest.
"He always does it. He's a fucking liability." Then leaning further in and covering her mouth with her hand, whispered...
"The worst thing is... he's listening to his own fucking music."



Wow. I was waffling, but that just sealed my vote.

Unless I hear anecdotes to the contrary, I can't see Bono or Billy Joel pulling a stunt like that anywhere in that league of doucheholery.
User avatar
FuzzBob
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
 
Posts: 4202
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:39 pm
Location: Slintville

Re: Triple Douche-Dome: Bono v. Sting v. Billy Joel

Postby Nina on Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:07 pm

Bono is a true cunt.

The others just plain suck.
Great art is horseshit. Buy tacos. - Bukowski
User avatar
Nina
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero
 
Posts: 6426
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:43 pm
Location: خانابدوش

Re: Triple Douche-Dome: Bono v. Sting v. Billy Joel

Postby cneutron on Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:36 pm

ghosting wrote:U2 is definitely the "best" band of these, but Bono is still the worst, good god. It's kind of a testament to that band that even with someone so awful I can still sort of stomach them in spite of it.


The hell you say!
I beg to differ and urge you to reconsider the Police's finer moments.

Weirdly, as a person Billy Joel seems like the least douche of the bunch of them to me.
Don't know why, gut feeling I guess? And having heard his interviews with Howard Stern probably.

I'm going to give the douche crown to Sting in this one though.
User avatar
cneutron
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
 
Posts: 4472
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 4:33 pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Re: Triple Douche-Dome: Bono v. Sting v. Billy Joel

Postby japmn on Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:47 pm

Despite Stings pajamas:

Image

I have to go with Bono as the biggest douche-hole
User avatar
japmn
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
 
Posts: 7945
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2004 12:38 am
Location: Poutland

PreviousNext

Return to Crap / Not Crap

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bill Flaig and 6 guests