Idiot - Donald Trump

Crappier
8%
Crappiest
92%

Total votes : 151

Re: Idiot - Donald Trump

Postby seanurban on Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:45 pm

The Bahamas vacant since 2011. OK, I volunteer.
seanurban
King High

Postby Anthony Flack on Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:02 pm

Well now, that depends. Are you a real high quality guy?
Anthony Flack
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby enframed on Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:08 am

seanurban wrote:The Bahamas vacant since 2011. OK, I volunteer.

I'll take Mauritius and the Seychelles.
Records for sale.

Those most doomed to repeat history are those who know it best.
enframed
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

my resume

Postby seanurban on Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:01 pm

Anthony Flack wrote:Well now, that depends. Are you a real high quality guy?

i can throw a perfect spiral through a tire.
i hit free throws with my eyes closed.
i can grow strawberries in the dark.
seanurban
King High

Postby Anthony Flack on Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:37 pm

I hope you're not saying you can throw a spiral through a tire better than Trump. We're not looking for a showboat.

Here, the Netherlands has an ambassador now. Might give you some tips for the sort of things to put on your CV:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/ ... e-hoekstra
Anthony Flack
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby bishopdante on Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:02 am

Anthony Flack wrote:
seanurban wrote:I thought you were joking, but it seems this is really happening.

Yes indeed. Check out how many countries currently have no US ambassador, because Trump hasn't appointed one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ambassado ... ted_States

It includes such countries as Austria, Austrialia, Belgium, France, Germany, Canada, Denmark, Finland, Hungary, India, Ireland, Norway, the Netherlands, South Africa, South Korea, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom, as well as many trifling little international organisations such as the EU. In fact the word "vacant" appears 107 times on that page.

How many ambassadors have been appointed since Trump took office? Let's see: China, Congo-Brazzavile, Guinea-Bissau, Israel, Japan, New Zealand, Samoa.

Seven. And some of those are only very recently.

Yipes, what a horror.

However, it's worth noting that in lieu of an ambassador, it would be incorrect to suggest that embassies have nobody in them, and tumbleweed blowing around. The roles are currently being handled by people and offices titled "chargé d'affaires ad interim".

Having chargés in place of ambassadors usually only happens in the case of a diplomatic breakdown.

So it is certainly a significant concern.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." - Bertrand Russell
bishopdante
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius

Postby Anthony Flack on Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:28 am

Yeah, there's not nobody there, but it's symptomatic of the senior positions throughout the Federal government which are being left vacant. This is Bannon I guess, trying to dismantle the government by simply not staffing it. And then things happen, like that military incident in Japan recently, and there was at that time no US Ambassador to Japan to deal with it.

They're threatening war with North Korea and they don't even have an ambassador for South Korea.
Anthony Flack
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby Anthony Flack on Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:59 pm

Yes, Donald Trump just gave a speech to the police encouraging them to rough people up more when arresting them. Yes, yes he did. The police cheer. Yes, this happened. Yes.
Anthony Flack
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby seanurban on Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:56 pm

bishopdante wrote:
Anthony Flack wrote:
seanurban wrote:I thought you were joking, but it seems this is really happening.

Yes indeed. Check out how many countries currently have no US ambassador, because Trump hasn't appointed one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ambassado ... ted_States

It includes such countries as Austria, Austrialia, Belgium, France, Germany, Canada, Denmark, Finland, Hungary, India, Ireland, Norway, the Netherlands, South Africa, South Korea, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom, as well as many trifling little international organisations such as the EU. In fact the word "vacant" appears 107 times on that page.

How many ambassadors have been appointed since Trump took office? Let's see: China, Congo-Brazzavile, Guinea-Bissau, Israel, Japan, New Zealand, Samoa.

Seven. And some of those are only very recently.

Yipes, what a horror.

However, it's worth noting that in lieu of an ambassador, it would be incorrect to suggest that embassies have nobody in them, and tumbleweed blowing around. The roles are currently being handled by people and offices titled "chargé d'affaires ad interim".

Having chargés in place of ambassadors usually only happens in the case of a diplomatic breakdown.

So it is certainly a significant concern.
this is all before anyone knew that secretary tillerson decided to just go on vacation and stop diplomatting. He picked the right week to lay low I guess
seanurban
King High

Postby Anthony Flack on Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:14 am

Is that what he's done? I did hear about the rumours that he's about ready to quit this ridiculous clown show formerly known as the Federal Government of the USA.

Fully expecting the White House to issue an official statement soon, saying Rex Tillerson is a fucking piece of shit and he can kiss this administration's ass if he thinks he can just fucking walk away now.
Anthony Flack
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby seanurban on Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:15 am

Yeah that's basically it. He's avoiding the public. Which happens all the time, but they usually don't announce it like he did.
seanurban
King High

Postby madlee on Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:53 am

Trump's approval rating is currently at 37%.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/203198/presi ... trump.aspx

Yes these are historic lows, but look at how impenetrable that base is.

Imagine for a moment what it means to be one of those people.

You want everything he's promised: repeal and replace, the wall, curtail immigration, defeat isis, etc.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... umpometer/

Sure, it's early in his term, (1/8th) but barring miracles, he's not going to get the majority of these things accomplished, even though his party controls all 3 branches of our government: executive, legislative, and the judicial branch.

From a completely impartial POV, it's a complete failure, and it is probably going to get worse as the wheels come off.

If I was a true believer, I would start thinking he was a plant, a RINO, a secret liberal trying to destroy my party.

Yet, that approval number will still stay in the 35% range.
madlee
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

Postby zircona1 on Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:00 pm

madlee wrote:Trump's approval rating is currently at 37%.

Yes these are historic lows, but look at how impenetrable that base is.

Imagine for a moment what it means to be one of those people.

I think it's like being loyal to a sports team. The team may have a bunch of narcissistic, crazy, scumbags, but people will still support it, because they're loyal to the team.
- "Whatever happened to that album?"
- "I broke it, remember? I threw it against the wall, and it like, shattered."
zircona1
carter family
carter family

Postby bishopdante on Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:03 pm

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." - Bertrand Russell
bishopdante

Postby Redline on Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:10 pm

phpBB [media]
Redline
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby B_M_L on Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:51 am

I don't normally comment on this stuff - He's your prez and all that. And we have our own situation so it's not like we haven't screwed up too. But are you guys sure there's nothing in your constitution where you can't eject the President for being a dickhead?

I know it's not a crime, but he doesn't really seem sane from over here.
B_M_L
Leader with Extraordinary Personality
Leader with Extraordinary Personality

Postby Dave N. on Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:32 am

It doesn't seem sane from here, either. I live in Texas, btw.
Dave N.
Eternal Bosom of Hot Love
Eternal Bosom of Hot Love

Postby Anthony Flack on Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:31 pm

It makes me sick to my stomach to think that the most powerful nation on earth has been taken over by this worthless piece of human garbage. The US federal governement is in the toilet and has no credibility whatsoever. Nobody can work with them as nobody can trust they will stick to any agreement and Trump can't be negotiated with or reasoned with because he simply can't hold a thought in his fuckin' head for more than five minutes. And on an administrative level the government is starting to break down.

When Rex Tillerson visited New Zealand recently (and got the finger from everyone), and our government minister was asked what he hoped to achieve from their upcoming meeting, he laughed and flat out said "nothing". What can be achieved in any meeting with these goons? They don't care what you say and you can't believe what they say. There's no good faith.

It's all very well to take a "it's none of my business" approach when it's some bumblefuck little island somewhere (although I would suggest that it's no bad thing to be concerned for people besides your own country) but we're talking about a guy who has the power to shit all over the geopolitical balance of the whole fuckin' world here. He could order a pre-emptive nuclear strike based on something he saw on Fox & Friends and nobody has any authority to prevent it. He is very sick and very stupid and this is very, very wrong and bad.
Anthony Flack
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby bishopdante on Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:23 am

Donald Trump says that the internet must be "cut off" to stop further terror attacks.

Responding to the terror incident at Parsons Green Tube station, he said that the internet was a terrorist "recruiting tool".

________

The IRA had no Internet, and they were considerably more dangerous than a builder's plastic bucket in a lidl bag containing some incendiary mixture with a bunch of Christmas tree lights poked into it in possibly the sleepiest and squarest district of London (parsons green).

I mean... the IRA almost took out the John major cabinet with a homebrew mortar. No internet required. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Downing ... tar_attack

I'm really sorry, but of the various threats that concern me as a citizen, while I am very concerned about the horrible mess that the "war on terror" has made of the middle east, with a death toll not dissimilar to sections of WW2... neither the car/knife attack on parliament nor this incendiary bucket incident lead me to believe that the UK is significantly under attack by some organised force.

There was also the incident in 2013 where a couple of civilians took it upon themselves to hang around outside an army barracks and attempt to behead an off-duty soldier in the road with a cleaver:

Rigby was off duty and walking along Wellington Street when he was attacked. Adebolajo and Adebowale ran him down with a car, then used knives and a cleaver to stab and hack him to death. The men dragged Rigby's body into the road and remained at the scene until police arrived. They told passers-by that they had killed a soldier to avenge the killing of Muslims by the British armed forces. Unarmed police arrived at the scene nine minutes after an emergency call was received and set up a cordon. Armed police officers arrived five minutes later. The assailants, armed with a cleaver and brandishing a gun, charged at the police, who fired shots that wounded them both. They were apprehended and taken to separate hospitals. Adebolajo and Adebowale are British of Nigerian descent, were raised as Christians, and converted to Islam.

On 19 December 2013, both of the attackers were found guilty of Rigby's murder. On 26 February 2014, they were sentenced to life imprisonment, with Adebolajo given a whole life order and Adebowale ordered to serve at least 45 years. The attack was condemned by political and Muslim leaders in the United Kingdom and in the international press.

Totally f**ed up no doubt... politically charged... sure. An organised military action? Doesn't look like it. Hence the police, not the army (although I would not doubt that MI5 are involved).

I'm far more scared of the ludicrous behaviour of highly armed poorly informed politicians with postmodern armies than I am concerned about an extremely small minority of zealots deciding to homebrew some destruction using household items, but I can see that either can lead to either.

_________

The explosive used was... TATP.

Triacetone triperoxide.

There was a recent story of a chemistry student at Bristol university who accidentally made some of that, by adding hydrogen peroxide to an acetone solvent process.

http://cenblog.org/the-safety-zone/2017 ... u-bristol/

Bad idea. They had to call the bomb squad in to get rid of 40g of the stuff.

Here is an enterprising youtuber who inserted 10g into an aluminium tube to demonstrate.

phpBB [media]

So... Mr Sensible used a bucket?! With fairy lights.

It's basically made from hair bleach and nail polish remover, plus sulfuric acid. Very available stuff.

The *big* problem with the chemical is that it's motion sensitive, not just ignition sensitive.

Cooking up a bucket of that in a kitchen, and hand-lugging it onto a district line carriage in a Lidl bag?

Recipe for disaster.

Luckily it would seem that whatever the method, the mixture was not correct, or that it was deliberately not the sort of purity that would go off it you tap it.

Acetone peroxide takes the form of a white crystalline powder with a distinctive bleach-like odor and can explode if subjected to heat, friction, or shock.

No trained chemist would be cooking any grams of that in a kitchen sink (or bucket).

That was quite a big bucket. Good thing it didn't go off properly!

______

So... where were we with that "stop the war" movement, again?
bishopdante

Postby iembalm on Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:58 pm

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41460205

Seems pretty obvious the man wants war. As I reside in Oregon and have family up and down the west coast, I would prefer that diplomacy be allowed to take its course. The Chief Executive telling State not to bother is pretty unpresidential and can only escalate.
iembalm
Present-day God
Present-day God

PreviousNext

Return to Crap / Not Crap