Crappier
8%
Crappiest
92%

Total votes : 151

Re: Idiot - Donald Trump

Postby Wood Goblin on Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:56 pm

Me Again wrote:
Wood Goblin wrote:Every time someone bumps this thread, it makes me recall the people who, before the election, insisted that Trump and Clinton were, like, *both* terrible.

They were both terrible candidates, but not to the same degree, no.

Sure. Just as there's a lot to criticize about both Winston Churchill and Adolph Hitler.

(I supported Sanders in the primary.)
Wood Goblin
Guardian Diety of the Planet
Guardian Diety of the Planet

Postby Anthony Flack on Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:48 pm

They WERE both terrible, as was plain to see. It required HIllary's own combination of ineptitude, hubris, political baggage, total lack of charisma and uncanny knack for alienating her own base to fail to beat the worst candidate imaginable.

He certainly makes a convincing case for there being no natural justice in the world. I mean you couldn't picture a more thoroughly undeserving individual. If the world made any sense at all he wouldn't be president of anything right now except ass cancer.

All the great people who have died recently and his poisonous mind is still crawling around on the Earth; I can't stand it. Hurry up you arrow of time, let's get to the next part of history already. I'm done with this bit.

I wonder what future people will say. I get the feeling there will be attempts at horrible Ronald Reagan style mythologising going on. Guess it depends how the scandals shake out... and of course future generations are unlikely to agree that climate change was a hoax.

On the other hand the picture of him as a total mental case is so compelling, I'm sure there will be many dramatic interpretations of that. He'll be like a King Lear character for future generations of actors. People won't forget a story this crazy in a hurry.

Besides, all of his tweets (and responses to his tweets) are being preserved by the Library of Congress as official US government correspondence.

I think I am now just taking comfort in fantasising about living in a future time when Trump is seen in the past tense. What a fucking weirdo. What a bizarre turn of events. What a time this is.
Anthony Flack
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby kokorodoko on Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:34 am

Hillary makes my skin crawl. I detest every part of her.

And that was the big tragedy of the election - they were both worse, in a sense. I mean don't get me wrong, the Trump victory had a symbolic significance that makes them impossible to equivocate, but think about it: Would there have been any way to repair this?
Trump winning gave his supporters a sense of triumph, but had he lost his supporters could go "oh well the establishment shut him down, like they will do", and it would not kill their momentum, since things would remain the same, and with the symbolic backing of Sanders to boot.

In the end Trump as a person is nobody. But of course having a president means something, so sometimes there is required a nobody to be somebody. I don't know.

The situation is broken and it's stuck. I don't belong to those who cried traitor at Sanders, which I think is quite childish, and I don't necessarily believe there was anything else to do right then that would have solved things, but I do think it's time to start taking greater risks.
Janeway wrote:those cat-food-for-lunch-deserving motherfuckers 8)
kokorodoko
deep blue
deep blue

Postby small talk on Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:34 am

Anthony Flack wrote:I get the feeling there will be attempts at horrible Ronald Reagan style mythologising going on.

The press already talks about George W Bush as if he doesn't have half a million bodies on him. Trump will be acknowledged as a beloved statesman within 10 years of leaving office.
small talk
district attourney
district attourney

Postby Anthony Flack on Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:59 pm

"Yes ok, he thought climate change was a hoax... but EVERYBODY believed that back then"
Anthony Flack
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby Anthony Flack on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:10 pm

Anyway, on the occasion of Donald's signature achievement, that of being such a threat to global peace and stability that he's had the Doomsday Clock moved to two minutes to midnight for the first time since the 1950s, I am somewhat surprised that I haven't yet heard anyone mention Iron Maiden, who have been patiently waiting for decades to celebrate this moment.

phpBB [media]

Yaaay we are closer to the end of civilisation than any time in the last 60 years #MAGA
Anthony Flack
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby 154 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:57 pm

small talk wrote:
Anthony Flack wrote:I get the feeling there will be attempts at horrible Ronald Reagan style mythologising going on.

The press already talks about George W Bush as if he doesn't have half a million bodies on him.

61% approval rating now!

He doesn't approve of Trump's divisive, racist rhetoric. Not that there was a whiff of racism to the Katrina response or anything.

God we are a sad fucking nation.
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity

Postby Anthony Flack on Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:16 pm

Fuck's sake! Goldfish.

It's not like it was all that fucking long ago.
Anthony Flack
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby kokorodoko on Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:55 pm

61% means way more people than those who actually voted for W. Means there's a bunch of Democrats in there. What's is happening with people?
kokorodoko
deep blue
deep blue

Postby bishopdante on Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:54 pm

There is no doubt that Trump in the white house makes Bush Jr look like the "good old days". Which is chilling, considering at the time he was considered scandalously ignorant - something that Donald Trump is taking to a whole new level. He makes Bush Jr look like a university professor.

At this point there are a whole bunch of people who don't even remember a pre-9/11 world, and most teenagers weren't even born.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." - Bertrand Russell
bishopdante
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius

Postby Anthony Flack on Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:25 pm

“We’re an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And while you’re studying that reality — judiciously, as you will — we’ll act again, creating other new realities, which you can study too, and that’s how things will sort out. We’re history’s actors . . . and you, all of you, will be left to just study what we do.”
Anthony Flack
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby jimmy two hands on Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:18 pm

bishopdante wrote:There is no doubt that Trump in the white house makes Bush Jr look like the "good old days". Which is chilling, considering at the time he was considered scandalously ignorant - something that Donald Trump is taking to a whole new level. He makes Bush Jr look like a university professor.

At this point there are a whole bunch of people who don't even remember a pre-9/11 world, and most teenagers weren't even born.

I don't remember a pre-Reagan world. For all the ways Trump seems so fucked up in relation to US presidents, we did elect a braindead McCarthyite actor moron almost 40 years ago. Him and W. both had a filter, that's it.
banjo.comics.pigfuck.stoner metal.rock operas.

AudioTruth wrote:Everything I buy from other brands break after a couple years, this is because they are only interested in making money. I'm only interested in long-lasting eargasms.
jimmy two hands
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby mrcancelled on Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:01 pm

Trump says it will be hard to unify country without a ‘major event’.

These are scary fucking times. I can only think about the apartment building bombings before Putin took power and started the second Chechen war. And the Reichstag. It would just take one bump in that direction, doesn't even have to be that catastrophic. That's all he needs.

Meanwhile Paul Ryan is calling for a "cleansing" of the FBI. A fucking cleansing.

If Mueller gets canned, then what? Trump already refused to impose sanctions against Russia that Congress already voted on. So, not actually enforcing the law, and obviously he's doing everything in his power to obstruct the Russia investigation.

Paranoid Chant keeps popping in my head except I know I'm not paranoid shit is fucking nuts and nothing is looking good.
Last edited by mrcancelled on Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrcancelled
avery fisher
avery fisher

Postby erskine on Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:32 pm

seems like a threat of a new 9/11.
erskine
ben franklin
ben franklin

Postby Me Again on Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:04 am

We are about due for a false flag alien invasion now, aren't we? Technologically it's probably within our skill set to pull this off.

Although.... that would happen less as a means of uniting the country and more as a means of creating that ever-elusive new world order/one world government, which has been in the talking stages for a long time now but hasn't quite materialized.
...with Euro-Sprockets coming at you from every direction.
Me Again
robert rauschenberg
robert rauschenberg

Postby bishopdante on Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:44 am

mrcancelled wrote:the apartment building bombings before Putin took power and started the second Chechen war.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian ... t_bombings
^ pretty shady

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Litvinenko
^ he got made an example of, for collaborating in this book: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blowing_Up_Russia

______

This gave me a tickle:

phpBB [media]

But it really isn't a joke.
Last edited by bishopdante on Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." - Bertrand Russell
bishopdante

Postby bishopdante on Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:50 am

Me Again wrote:We are about due for a false flag alien invasion now, aren't we? Technologically it's probably within our skill set to pull this off.

Although.... that would happen less as a means of uniting the country and more as a means of creating that ever-elusive new world order/one world government, which has been in the talking stages for a long time now but hasn't quite materialized.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disinformation

The English word disinformation is a translation of the Russian dezinformatsiya, derived from the title of a KGB black propaganda department. The book Disinformation documents that Joseph Stalin coined the term, giving it a French-sounding name to falsely claim it had a Western origin.

Russian use began with a "special disinformation office" in 1923. Disinformation was defined in Great Soviet Encyclopedia (1952) as "false information with the intention to deceive public opinion".

Operation INFEKTION was a Soviet disinformation campaign to influence opinion that the U.S. invented AIDS

phpBB [media]

The cold war and psychological warfare is a terrifying scenario. The internet has proven to be explosive for the expansion of dodgy information and "conspiracy theories". The best way to frame up the idea is as a very complex propaganda war, and the incredulous nature of much of the conspiracy theory content serves largely to discredit criticism of mainstream power.

Not to suggest that there isn't a huge amount of behind-the-scenes collusion and corruption going on, and that governments and companies haven't been run by positively psychopathic people.

However, when it comes to a sociopathic organisation... the KGB under Stalin is surely ome of the scariest organisations every founded... to what extent it seems hard to say, and contemplating it is a matter of speculation rather than certainty - extremely secretive and intolerant of defectors/whistleblowers, although there is some information available:

Eg: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrori ... viet_Union

Soviet secret services have been described by GRU defectors Viktor Suvorov and Stanislav Lunev as "the primary instructors of terrorists worldwide." According to Ion Mihai Pacepa, KGB General Aleksandr Sakharovsky once said: "In today’s world, when nuclear arms have made military force obsolete, terrorism should become our main weapon." He also claimed that "Airplane hijacking is my own invention" and that in 1969 alone, 82 planes were hijacked worldwide by the KGB-financed PLO
bishopdante

Postby kokorodoko on Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:26 am

"We have ended the war on American energy, and we have ended the war on beautiful, clean coal."

Hahaha this is too good.
kokorodoko
deep blue
deep blue

Postby 154 on Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:42 am

kokorodoko wrote:"We have ended the war on American energy, and we have ended the war on beautiful, clean coal."

Hahaha this is too good.

On top of being a dumb agenda, this is nowhere close to true.

Postby andteater on Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:57 am

mrcancelled wrote:Trump says it will be hard to unify country without a ‘major event’.

These are scary fucking times. I can only think about the apartment building bombings before Putin took power and started the second Chechen war. And the Reichstag. It would just take one bump in that direction, doesn't even have to be that catastrophic. That's all he needs.

as i've stated to the fucking dingbats on facebook who are already starting their "the democratic candidate is just as bad as Trump" campaign, it is very important to remember today (as Wood Goblin pointed out) that Hillary was just as bad as Trump and a war hawk and honestly, they were basically the same person. i don't know who is going to get the nomination in 2020, but it is important that we make sure that we keep up this narrative for whomever it is and then even more importantly, have our hash tags and and righteous indignation ready for when we get four more years of Trump.

fucking morons.

andyk
andteater
man forced to eat beard
man forced to eat beard

PreviousNext

Return to Crap / Not Crap