7%
NOT CRAP
93%

Total votes : 27

Re: TV Show: ASH vs EVIL DEAD

Postby UMP on Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:16 am

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

Tonight's episode ruled. Ash's ayahuasca trip was hilarious. Loving this show a little more with each episode. Sure, there are some weak spots, but overall it's really working for me. The bombastic score and the song choices have all been particularly great.

screencrush wrote:An audience member asked Raimi if they'd ever considered using the darker original ending from Army of Darkness as the jumping-off point for the new show. He replied — and I am paraphrasing here — that before Ash vs. Evil Dead fell into place, he and his brother Ivan were working on a script for a fourth Evil Dead movie. And at that point, their bold plan was to actually make a movie starring two Ashes, one from each of Army of Darkness’ endings. In other words, this Evil Dead 4 would have continued Ash’s journey along both possible timelines in two parallel stories: Present Ash in one, future Ash in the other.

It was a cool idea — at least I think it’s a cool idea — but the Raimis ultimately felt it would have gotten too confusing and convoluted. So they decided to just focus on present-day Ash from the theatrical ending, and eventually Evil Dead 4 morphed into Ash Vs. Evil Dead. And it’s great that we got that, but man; what a tantalizing what-if. An Evil Dead 4 featuring two different Ashes in two different time periods? Sounds pretty incredible.
UMP
mencken
mencken

Postby amar on Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:02 am

I just saw the alternate ending of Army of Darkness for the first time. The ending is hysterical, Ash is a total idiot, I SLEPT TOO LONG!
amar
les paul
les paul

Postby Seby on Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:27 pm

"Maybe the bread soaked it up?" Hahahahaha. This series is totally making my day.
Seby
second class
second class

Postby numberthirty on Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:50 am

Sidebar -

It is odd that Supernatural ran with the sort of first run syndication that Raimi developed in the ninties and elements like the Necronomicon Ex-Mortis or the Delta 88 only to have shows turn around and lift bits right back.
154 wrote:Are you in Voivod or something?
numberthirty
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby numberthirty on Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:53 am

amar wrote:I just saw the alternate ending of Army of Darkness for the first time. The ending is hysterical, Ash is a total idiot, I SLEPT TOO LONG!

From what I've heard, the first idea they kicked around for the film that was to follow Army Of Darkness was to have a parallel story that followed each of the endings during the course of the film.

It's sort of a drag that they never got to do it.

EDIT:

UMP wrote:
screencrush wrote:An audience member asked Raimi if they'd ever considered using the darker original ending from Army of Darkness as the jumping-off point for the new show. He replied — and I am paraphrasing here — that before Ash vs. Evil Dead fell into place, he and his brother Ivan were working on a script for a fourth Evil Dead movie. And at that point, their bold plan was to actually make a movie starring two Ashes, one from each of Army of Darkness’ endings. In other words, this Evil Dead 4 would have continued Ash’s journey along both possible timelines in two parallel stories: Present Ash in one, future Ash in the other.

It was a cool idea — at least I think it’s a cool idea — but the Raimis ultimately felt it would have gotten too confusing and convoluted. So they decided to just focus on present-day Ash from the theatrical ending, and eventually Evil Dead 4 morphed into Ash Vs. Evil Dead. And it’s great that we got that, but man; what a tantalizing what-if. An Evil Dead 4 featuring two different Ashes in two different time periods? Sounds pretty incredible.

Somebody get UMP a chicken dinner.
Last edited by numberthirty on Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
numberthirty

Postby Twilight Sparkle on Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:04 am

When this last episode showed clips from Evil Dead II, I remembered how much I loved that movie. Then I stopped wanting to watch the show, and watch Evil Dead II.
Twilight Sparkle
penguinologist
penguinologist

Postby Jodi S. on Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:00 pm

Twilight Sparkle wrote:When this last episode showed clips from Evil Dead II, I remembered how much I loved that movie. Then I stopped wanting to watch the show, and watch Evil Dead II.

Mom has The Starz at the Northern Outpost, and I noticed they showed all three EVIL DEAD flicks this weekend. Maybe they're on the On Demand, not sure.

I missed last night's episode, but managed to watch the "Brujo" episode. Maybe my favorite episode so far.
Jodi S.
Influential Poster

Location: I am sitting in a room, different from the one you are in.

Postby blackmarket on Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:48 pm

Episode four was a bit of a slip. The CGI was just too over the top. Ash vs. Evil Dead is still one of the best shows on television right now.
blackmarket
meatball enthusiast
meatball enthusiast

Postby numberthirty on Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:31 pm

Jodi S. wrote:Mom has The Starz at the Northern Outpost, and I noticed they showed all three EVIL DEAD flicks this weekend. Maybe they're on the On Demand, not sure.

I missed last night's episode, but managed to watch the "Brujo" episode. Maybe my favorite episode so far.

I believe HBO/Cinemax/Starz are each having a "Free Sample" period(I'd guess because of the holidays) where you can check out shows from each network. Maybe they are casting a wide net?

The Alice Cooper tune was priceless.
numberthirty

Postby pwalshj on Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:00 am

I'm loving it. Whatever money they are saving on CGI they are certainly putting towards tunes because the songs choices have been great and I would assume pricey.

My favorite line so far, "You know I'm not Mexican, right?" "That's the spirit!"
"If you aren't offered a hot dog or a burger this week it ain't them... It's you." - Ray Chimaro - July 1st 2009
pwalshj
Leader with Extraordinary Personality

Postby numberthirty on Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:06 am

pwalshj wrote:I'm loving it. Whatever money they are saving on CGI they are certainly putting towards tunes because the songs choices have been great and I would assume pricey.

Seriously. While "Is It My Body" may not have been a budget buster, "Midnight Rider" and a PJ Harvey tune seems like it would set you back.

It's nice to have a place to go where loving classic rock is ok.
Last edited by numberthirty on Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
numberthirty

Postby numberthirty on Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:08 am

Now, for the guessing game...

When Ruby finally takes her gloves off, exactly what is under them?
numberthirty

Postby numberthirty on Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:11 am

For the folks keeping score at home...

http://www.tunefind.com/show/ash-vs-evil-dead/season-1
numberthirty

Postby pwalshj on Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:29 am

Oh, you beat me to that link! Nice!

I had this:
"If you aren't offered a hot dog or a burger this week it ain't them... It's you." - Ray Chimaro - July 1st 2009
pwalshj

Postby J. Burns on Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:00 am

are we sure FM Tree is not the music supervisor on this show?
J. Burns
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius

Postby numberthirty on Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:10 am

J. Burns wrote:are we sure FM Tree is not the music supervisor on this show?

Could also be Arson. Actually, they could be working on it together.
numberthirty

Postby Seby on Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:02 am

pwalshj wrote:
My favorite line so far, "You know I'm not Mexican, right?" "That's the spirit!"

Hahaha, right there with you. ':)' I laughed out loud at this line. I'm going to start setting conversations up so that I can use it to. Hell yeah! Just watch me!
Seby
second class
second class

Postby pwalshj on Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:23 am

Fuck. God damnit. no. SHIT!
pwalshj

Postby numberthirty on Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:08 am

pwalshj wrote:Fuck. God damnit. no. SHIT!

Without spoiling it(I guess I'm going to have to go the dvd route), how bad is what happened on a scale of one to ten(ten being "as screwed as that dude who bought the Wu-Tang record")?
numberthirty

Postby pwalshj on Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:14 am

It's an 8.
pwalshj

PreviousNext

Return to Crap / Not Crap