AC/DC?

CRAP
17%
NOT CRAP
83%

Total votes : 243

Re: Band: AC/DC

Postby numberthirty on Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:30 pm

Tommy wrote:Flick of the Switch is awesome. Probably my favorite post BiB record, but I haven't heard any of their 2000s output.

While Black Ice was a mixed bag, this was the most I had loved an Angus solo since Flick Of The Switch. The close of it is a good seventy-five percent of why I love AC/DC...

phpBB [media]
154 wrote:Are you in Voivod or something?
numberthirty
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby numberthirty on Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:37 pm

Now that I'm thinking about it, this was also really solid. That said, it might not be everyone's favorite corner of what AC/DC does...

phpBB [media]
numberthirty

Postby harpseal2 on Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:21 am

i have been thinking about reviving this dead thread for a while and i've finally decided i should. something needs to be said.

i've had some awful tantrums on this site as a stupid teenager. i've made an absolute ass out of myself here, but i don't regret anything because it's molded me as a person and i conduct myself far better now as a 21 year old. i don't regret anything i have posted here no matter how embarassing... except one thing.

and that's voting crap on AC/DC. this is my biggest shame. one thing i truly regret. i shouldn't even call myself an Australian for this.

AC/DC is essential. amazing. an excellent band. they are the quintessential hard rock band. bon scott was an amazing vocalist, and angus and malcolm (rest in peace you beautiful man) were great guitarists who knew how to write the most solid hard rock the world could ever hear. solid is a good word to describe an AC/DC song in general, their music exists to provide great simple but hard rock riffs. it's barebones in instrumentation and writing but it exists just to rock, and rock does it fucking do.

i love most everything i've heard from AC/DC. i honestly really should listen to more, but i don't listen to much music now. Highway to Hell is an excellent album from front to back, and one of my favourite albums. Dirty Deeds done Dirt Cheap is one of my favourite songs ever. For Those about to Rock, Thunderstruck, also great singles.

there is a single waffle for this band. that single waffle is that brian johnson's voice just isn't as good as bon scott's. even then, i'm debating whether that waffle even counts since AC/DC is so good axl fucking rose doesn't sound like shit with them. i just don't know.

so if i could change my vote i'd change it to NOT CRAP in a fucking instant. AC/DC is a great band and honestly i deserved for one of you to come the way to Brisbane and beat the shit out of my punk-ass for ever considering AC/DC as not good.
scarnon
harpseal2
a² + b² = c²
a² + b² = c²

Postby A_Man_Who_Tries on Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:45 pm

AC/DC are fucking magnificent.
maintain a healthy foe list
A_Man_Who_Tries
saw big cat
saw big cat

Postby curry pervert on Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:00 pm

harpseal2 wrote:i have been thinking about reviving this dead thread for a while and i've finally decided i should. something needs to be said.

i've had some awful tantrums on this site as a stupid teenager. i've made an absolute ass out of myself here, but i don't regret anything because it's molded me as a person and i conduct myself far better now as a 21 year old. i don't regret anything i have posted here no matter how embarassing... except one thing.

and that's voting crap on AC/DC. this is my biggest shame. one thing i truly regret. i shouldn't even call myself an Australian for this.

AC/DC is essential. amazing. an excellent band. they are the quintessential hard rock band. bon scott was an amazing vocalist, and angus and malcolm (rest in peace you beautiful man) were great guitarists who knew how to write the most solid hard rock the world could ever hear. solid is a good word to describe an AC/DC song in general, their music exists to provide great simple but hard rock riffs. it's barebones in instrumentation and writing but it exists just to rock, and rock does it fucking do.

i love most everything i've heard from AC/DC. i honestly really should listen to more, but i don't listen to much music now. Highway to Hell is an excellent album from front to back, and one of my favourite albums. Dirty Deeds done Dirt Cheap is one of my favourite songs ever. For Those about to Rock, Thunderstruck, also great singles.

there is a single waffle for this band. that single waffle is that brian johnson's voice just isn't as good as bon scott's. even then, i'm debating whether that waffle even counts since AC/DC is so good axl fucking rose doesn't sound like shit with them. i just don't know.

so if i could change my vote i'd change it to NOT CRAP in a fucking instant. AC/DC is a great band and honestly i deserved for one of you to come the way to Brisbane and beat the shit out of my punk-ass for ever considering AC/DC as not good.

Can you remember why you voted crap?
curry pervert
norse
norse

Postby RSMurphy on Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:06 pm

He said it. You know he said it, now c'mon stop playing. Let's stop pretending that the 800 lb gorilla in the room doesn't exist so that we can move on and let the healing begin.

Boombats wrote:
Me Again wrote:

What's with the noose at 1:02?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

He said it. I mean, in my favorite AC/DC song he rhapsodizes about the white man having the smarts. Let's just come to a consensus so the healing can begin.

Not Crap
WHALES CHICAGO USA THE MUSIC OF SOUND BANDACMP EP NOISEPOP

LTD. EDITION VINYL COPIES OF SIZE AND SCALE

Trey wrote:I think Randy is great.

Surfrider wrote:Come on Randy! You can do it!!
RSMurphy
World's Greatest Writer
World's Greatest Writer

Postby RBoyer on Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:12 pm

RSMurphy wrote:I mean, in my favorite AC/DC song he rhapsodizes about the white man having the smarts.

You mean "schmaltz:" excessive sentimentality, especially in music or movies (as per Webster).

No biggie, just a clarification. AC/DC is awesome, duh.
Drums/Guitar: Police Teeth, Mister Dude. Spring/Summer '19: the Purgatory Lights.
RBoyer
Saint Who Rules w/ Extensive Magnanimity

Postby Dudley on Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:10 am

RBoyer wrote:
RSMurphy wrote:I mean, in my favorite AC/DC song he rhapsodizes about the white man having the smarts.

You mean "schmaltz:" excessive sentimentality, especially in music or movies (as per Webster).

I never quite got how Tchaikovsky was relevant to it all, either. A hangover from Bon's flute-toting past?
Seby wrote:How does the sting of marginalisation taste now, you pick-using oppressors?
Dudley
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius

Postby RSMurphy on Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:20 am

Dudley wrote:
RBoyer wrote:

I never quite got how Tchaikovsky was relevant to it all, either. A hangover from Bon's flute-toting past?

In the 1880's Russians were the new blacks.
WHALES CHICAGO USA THE MUSIC OF SOUND BANDACMP EP NOISEPOP

LTD. EDITION VINYL COPIES OF SIZE AND SCALE

Trey wrote:I think Randy is great.

Surfrider wrote:Come on Randy! You can do it!!
RSMurphy
World's Greatest Writer
World's Greatest Writer

Postby numberthirty on Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:06 am

Dudley wrote:
RBoyer wrote:

You're surely just goofing around here, right?
numberthirty

Postby RBoyer on Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:18 am

numberthirty wrote:
Dudley wrote:
RBoyer wrote:

You're surely just goofing around here, right?

Are you suggesting he's beating around the bush?
Drums/Guitar: Police Teeth, Mister Dude. Spring/Summer '19: the Purgatory Lights.
RBoyer

Postby agiant on Thu May 14, 2020 3:23 pm

A program wrote these ACDC lyrics by using a Markov chain:
"Great balls"

phpBB [media]

https://youtu.be/vpEVsDN84Hc
blah
agiant
keanu reeves
keanu reeves

Postby A_Man_Who_Tries on Thu May 14, 2020 3:31 pm

agiant wrote:A program wrote these ACDC lyrics by using a Markov chain:
"Great balls"

phpBB [media]

https://youtu.be/vpEVsDN84Hc

That's fantastic.
maintain a healthy foe list
A_Man_Who_Tries
saw big cat
saw big cat

Postby Redline on Tue May 19, 2020 11:39 am

It's a relief when AC/DC videos pop up during the I want My 80's MTV covoid binges...
Redline
World's Greatest Lover
World's Greatest Lover

Postby projectMalamute on Tue May 19, 2020 10:23 pm

Holy fuck is this great:

youtube
web site

Endeavor to persevere.
projectMalamute

Postby Redline on Thu May 21, 2020 12:22 pm

Angus Young probably has a Line-6 under the stage to get that awesome guitar tone.
Redline
World's Greatest Lover
World's Greatest Lover

Postby Pure L on Thu May 21, 2020 1:01 pm

Redline wrote:Angus Young probably has a Line-6 under the stage to get that awesome guitar tone.

Nah. Turns out he used a specialized paint on all his guitars. It came out in a bombshell article on tonehoundz.com the other day.
Pure L
Best leader Who Realized Human Wisdom
Best leader Who Realized Human Wisdom

Postby Redline on Thu May 21, 2020 1:50 pm

Redline
World's Greatest Lover
World's Greatest Lover

Postby aldofarian on Sat May 23, 2020 6:28 pm

This isnt even the best AC/DC song and it is a masterclass in how to write a guitar part:

mort pété
aldofarian
freelance sperm donor
freelance sperm donor

Postby dontfeartheringo on Sun May 24, 2020 12:33 am

I've spent every night of 2020 playing guitar, especially now that quarantine has killed every gig.

I've learned a bunch of AC/DC songs, and I feel like I can say with some confidence that the Youngs are maybe two of the best in the world at writing guitar parts. They're just so fucking great.

I've always loved AC/DC, but learning the guitar parts have given me a new level of appreciation for how great they were.
Anthony Flack wrote:The sax would be a cool instrument if people would only stop making it go burrrrrBLEEEEEE.
dontfeartheringo
Master of Cunnilingus
Master of Cunnilingus

Previous

Return to Crap / Not Crap