home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

Band: AC/DC

Vote and debate.

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

AC/DC?

CRAP
41
17%
NOT CRAP
202
83%
 
Total votes : 243

Postby Adam CR on Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:10 pm

sunlore wrote:
I remember Kurdt name-checking them all the time, which was probably that more influential than whatever Steve Albini ever said.


Nirvana doesn't count any more than Poison or 'Jovi would count since (whatever your opinion of 'Vana is/was), they were in reality a mainstream pop-rock band with mainstream pop-rock fans.

But you seem to have a problem with people opening other people's eyes/ears to music that maybe they wouldn't have been open to in the first place, for whatever reason. Why?


Not at all. I would never have heard Gore if it wasn't for Bitch Magnet, and never heard Can if it wasn't for Slint.

This is CRAP/NOT CRAP. I consider AC/DC to be worthless CRAP and I'm arguing my position.

CRAP.
On a steel horse I ride.
User avatar
Adam CR
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness
 
Posts: 3014
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:00 am
Location: Lincoln, UK

Postby petercobber on Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:29 pm

Well, I, for one, remember it being un-cool to say you liked AC/DC back in the 90s. I risked it all by admitting that I loved them as often as I could when I was baked in the attic listening to Slanted and Enchanted. The Bon Fire compilation was given to me by a girlfriend in 2002. I will always remember her fondly for that move, and the mean dirty sanchez she brought to the table.

Have a Drink On Me and For Those About To Rock are two of the best rock songs ever written. The later being the best song ever written, ever.
User avatar
petercobber
baboon
baboon
 
Posts: 708
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:42 pm
Location: Chicago

Postby kerble on Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:31 pm

dimpfelmoser wrote:Did John Peel like them? I don't smegging think so.


that's funny. he invited them to do a peel session in 1976.

please. stop being stupid.

dimpfelmoser wrote:Also, I never met a girl who liked them. Kinda bad omen in my book.


my girlfriend really likes AC/DC. and she is awesome/foxy.


I think this says more about the company you keep than the band.



Lame. Again.
kerble is right.
SA | SF | FZ | SI | RD | DA | K | CP | T
User avatar
kerble
King Shit of Fuck Mountain
 
Posts: 18991
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:30 pm
Location: Heartbreaker.

Postby dimpfelmoser on Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:40 pm

kerble wrote:
dimpfelmoser wrote:Did John Peel like them? I don't smegging think so.


that's funny. he invited them to do a peel session in 1976.

please. stop being stupid.


Well, I admit I started to listen to Peel a little later and then he never played anything by AC/DC. Maybe because they became Stadium Rock in the early eighties. And he apparently didn't like all the bands that did sessions for him. But then again, maybe he liked them, I don't know nor care, but, well its hard to explain, but all the dickeheads at school that ran around dressed in AC/DC T-shirts were not the ones listening to his programs. Neither, did he at the time play a lot of music, that was in the vein of AC/DC. If you see what I mean. I don't care if its cool ot not to like this band but I think its impossible to watch videos of AC/DC and still take them serious.
User avatar
dimpfelmoser
linus pauling
linus pauling
 
Posts: 415
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:57 pm
Location: Berlin

Postby rocker654 on Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:43 pm

Richard wrote:
rocker654 wrote:I imagine that those who think AC/DC are crap love a band I detest.

The Smiths?


I don't detest the Smiths, I just stopped listening to them because the vocals started to annoy me.

But I wouldn't call them crap. Good musicianship.
blue_thunder wrote:You know, I can't help but think that Kim Gordon records all of her vocals while dropping a deuce.

http://www.myspace.com/therealrocker654
User avatar
rocker654
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness
 
Posts: 3162
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:18 pm
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Postby dimpfelmoser on Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:43 pm

kerble wrote:my girlfriend really likes AC/DC. and she is awesome/foxy.


I think this says more about the company you keep than the band.



Lame. Again.


Awesome/foxy? Hear, hear. Can you verify this? Can you post some pictures?
User avatar
dimpfelmoser
linus pauling
linus pauling
 
Posts: 415
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:57 pm
Location: Berlin

Postby kerble on Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:45 pm

dimpfelmoser wrote:
kerble wrote:my girlfriend really likes AC/DC. and she is awesome/foxy.


I think this says more about the company you keep than the band.



Lame. Again.


Awesome/foxy? Hear, hear. Can you verify this? Can you post some pictures?


can you stop being creepy on top of the stupid? thanks.
kerble is right.
SA | SF | FZ | SI | RD | DA | K | CP | T
User avatar
kerble
King Shit of Fuck Mountain
 
Posts: 18991
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:30 pm
Location: Heartbreaker.

Postby Cranius on Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:47 pm

This band is soooo derivative.

NOT CRAP.
User avatar
Cranius
World's Greatest Writer
World's Greatest Writer
 
Posts: 10334
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:29 am
Location: Bethnal Green, Tower Hamlets

Postby hench on Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:48 pm

Adam CR wrote: I can't remember anybody (apart from the metal-for-life folk) ever listening to AC/DC when I was younger, and then bam suddenly everybody's a (retrospective) fan.




funny... i had my piano and piano bench delivered to me last week... the piano bench contained some of my very first piano books.... the date in the picture is 6-21-83, making me just under 7 years old... don't know why i thought phil rudd was a chubby black man...

Image
User avatar
hench
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
 
Posts: 4441
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:56 pm
Location: palisades hideout

Postby dimpfelmoser on Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:54 pm

kerble wrote:
dimpfelmoser wrote:
kerble wrote:my girlfriend really likes AC/DC. and she is awesome/foxy.


I think this says more about the company you keep than the band.



Lame. Again.


Awesome/foxy? Hear, hear. Can you verify this? Can you post some pictures?


can you stop being creepy on top of the stupid? thanks.


I take this as a No then.

Thought so
User avatar
dimpfelmoser
linus pauling
linus pauling
 
Posts: 415
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:57 pm
Location: Berlin

Postby Adam CR on Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:20 pm

It was never in any doubt that a CRAP for AC/DC on this board would end in tears.

*dun-dun-duh...dun-dun-duh-duh...smoooke on the waaahter...fryers bumble-bum...*

Or is that Hawkwind?
On a steel horse I ride.
User avatar
Adam CR
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness
 
Posts: 3014
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:00 am
Location: Lincoln, UK

Postby sunlore on Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:41 pm

This is fucking fantastic.
sunlore
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
 
Posts: 4373
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 8:11 am
Location: NL

Postby rocker654 on Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:53 pm

kerble wrote:
dimpfelmoser wrote:
kerble wrote:my girlfriend really likes AC/DC. and she is awesome/foxy.


Awesome/foxy? Hear, hear. Can you verify this? Can you post some pictures?


can you stop being creepy on top of the stupid? thanks.


You lose the right to be indignant and call others creepy once you've used the phrase "awesome/foxy" in a post.

"Awesome/foxy"? You must be another relic of the '70s. I'll bet you're wearing flares right now.
blue_thunder wrote:You know, I can't help but think that Kim Gordon records all of her vocals while dropping a deuce.

http://www.myspace.com/therealrocker654
User avatar
rocker654
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness
 
Posts: 3162
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:18 pm
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Postby kerble on Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:18 pm

rocker654 wrote:
kerble wrote:
dimpfelmoser wrote:
kerble wrote:my girlfriend really likes AC/DC. and she is awesome/foxy.


Awesome/foxy? Hear, hear. Can you verify this? Can you post some pictures?


can you stop being creepy on top of the stupid? thanks.


You lose the right to be indignant and call others creepy once you've used the phrase "awesome/foxy" in a post.

"Awesome/foxy"? You must be another relic of the '70s. I'll bet you're wearing flares right now.


Dear Rocky654.


considering that you call yourself "rocker" I don't think you're in the position of claiming others are using language relics.

please fuck off, also. You sound like you're lonely. sorry for that. maybe it's your personality.


have a fuck off day!
kerble is right.
SA | SF | FZ | SI | RD | DA | K | CP | T
User avatar
kerble
King Shit of Fuck Mountain
 
Posts: 18991
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:30 pm
Location: Heartbreaker.

Postby blinduncledallas on Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:25 pm

NC

I was in bar on AC/DC Lane in Melbourne (yes, they have changed the name in honour) the other night. There is a bunch of letters on the wall from Bon Scott to his then ex-wife that he wrote whilst he was on tour. I can't believe how honest they are and so well written even though he is clearly out of his nut when he wrote them. How many of us can write hand-written letters when fucked up?

Below is a transcript of the picture I took of one of them.

Image

TRANSCRIPT

Dear 'Rene,

Hi There. Tis About four in the morn (Mon). The Bar's closed... the bottle of black jack (daniels) is empty... We're outta dope... The TV's finished... I don't have anybody to fuck.. I've dropped a Qualude (V)... I could go on all night but I won't... We're two days from the finish of our U.S Summer tour... It's been fourteen weeks + of course we did a month in England before that. We have Six days off before touring England + Europe again for a month. Boring In'it. I should be back in Sydney about Arround (sic) Nov 16th As . we . is . come . back - record. (it's these *UNREADABLE*). We're recording for maybe a month + hopefully January will be off. Now I've had days off since I joined this band.. But not our whole thirty one day month(?). I'll come + see you and the family in Adelaide-.. Oh shit, I forgot you are in Melbourne. I'll come to see you anyway (just don't die between now and then. I don't feel like going to hell yet.. Yuk Yuk)
Say hello to Mum + Faye Barry Kath. Sounds like a Port Pierrie Cheerio call on the ernie *UNREADABLE*. Say Hi to them all.

Love to see you soon

BON
User avatar
blinduncledallas
pres. laura roslin
pres. laura roslin
 
Posts: 704
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:44 am
Location: Melbourne, Paul Hoganland

Postby rocker654 on Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:27 pm

..,
Last edited by rocker654 on Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blue_thunder wrote:You know, I can't help but think that Kim Gordon records all of her vocals while dropping a deuce.

http://www.myspace.com/therealrocker654
User avatar
rocker654
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness
 
Posts: 3162
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:18 pm
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Postby rocker654 on Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:29 pm

kerble wrote:
rocker654 wrote:
kerble wrote:
dimpfelmoser wrote:
kerble wrote:my girlfriend really likes AC/DC. and she is awesome/foxy.


Awesome/foxy? Hear, hear. Can you verify this? Can you post some pictures?


can you stop being creepy on top of the stupid? thanks.


You lose the right to be indignant and call others creepy once you've used the phrase "awesome/foxy" in a post.

"Awesome/foxy"? You must be another relic of the '70s. I'll bet you're wearing flares right now.


Dear Rocky654.


considering that you call yourself "rocker" I don't think you're in the position of claiming others are using language relics.

please fuck off, also. You sound like you're lonely. sorry for that. maybe it's your personality.


have a fuck off day!


Obviously, you are one of the little kids with the semi-skinhead with horn rimmed glasses (complete with retainer) and a shrieky voice . Quite sensitive as well. What the fuck does Kerble mean, anyways?

If your dick was long enough, I would invite you to fuck yourself as well.

Sincerely,

rocker654
blue_thunder wrote:You know, I can't help but think that Kim Gordon records all of her vocals while dropping a deuce.

http://www.myspace.com/therealrocker654
User avatar
rocker654
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness
 
Posts: 3162
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:18 pm
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Postby kerble on Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:30 pm

nope. flawless Indian genetics and an earthy tenor.
kerble is right.
SA | SF | FZ | SI | RD | DA | K | CP | T
User avatar
kerble
King Shit of Fuck Mountain
 
Posts: 18991
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:30 pm
Location: Heartbreaker.

Postby mattw on Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:58 pm

If this doesn't convince you that AC/DC is not crap, I don't know what will.
User avatar
mattw
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents
 
Posts: 3940
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 12:28 pm
Location: Carolina of the North

Postby rocker654 on Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:00 am

blinduncledallas wrote:NC

I was in bar on AC/DC Lane in Melbourne (yes, they have changed the name in honour) the other night. There is a bunch of letters on the wall from Bon Scott to his then ex-wife that he wrote whilst he was on tour. I can't believe how honest they are and so well written even though he is clearly out of his nut when he wrote them. How many of us can write hand-written letters when fucked up?

Below is a transcript of the picture I took of one of them.

Image

TRANSCRIPT

Dear 'Rene,

Hi There. Tis About four in the morn (Mon). The Bar's closed... the bottle of black jack (daniels) is empty... We're outta dope... The TV's finished... I don't have anybody to fuck.. I've dropped a Qualude (V)... I could go on all night but I won't... We're two days from the finish of our U.S Summer tour... It's been fourteen weeks + of course we did a month in England before that. We have Six days off before touring England + Europe again for a month. Boring In'it. I should be back in Sydney about Arround (sic) Nov 16th As . we . is . come . back - record. (it's these *UNREADABLE*). We're recording for maybe a month + hopefully January will be off. Now I've had days off since I joined this band.. But not our whole thirty one day month(?). I'll come + see you and the family in Adelaide-.. Oh shit, I forgot you are in Melbourne. I'll come to see you anyway (just don't die between now and then. I don't feel like going to hell yet.. Yuk Yuk)
Say hello to Mum + Faye Barry Kath. Sounds like a Port Pierrie Cheerio call on the ernie *UNREADABLE*. Say Hi to them all.

Love to see you soon

BON


This is awesome and foxy. Cheers!
blue_thunder wrote:You know, I can't help but think that Kim Gordon records all of her vocals while dropping a deuce.

http://www.myspace.com/therealrocker654
User avatar
rocker654
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness
 
Posts: 3162
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:18 pm
Location: Minneapolis, MN

PreviousNext

Return to Crap / Not Crap

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Speedie and 11 guests