8%
Should have punched him harder
33%
Who cares, that was yesterday or whatever
5%

Total votes : 142

Re: "Punching" a Nazi

Postby givemenoughrope on Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:23 pm

RSMurphy wrote:It is to laugh that you all think that most white supremacists resemble the dumb and loud ones

Yep, That's what I think. Show me where I even implied that.
dontfeartheringo wrote:What the fuck is wrong with you, dawg?

You sidestepped what I posted and parroted Randall.

Easily the most radical act mentioned in this thread is the hug. It subverts everything including the hysterical narcissistic rage.

Good luck, guys.
vockins wrote:So it's like the Finnegan's Wake of Super Bowl ads.
givemenoughrope
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century

Postby Me Again on Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:02 pm

dontfeartheringo wrote:Actually, at the peak of slavery and Jim Crow, there were more black people than white people in South Carolina. See also: South Africa. Just being outnumbered doesn't automatically translate to a loss of political power.

Valid. But I think it will be increasingly bad for big businesses to not embrace multiculturalism and the shift in demographics. That doesn't mean they won't be patronizing or opportunistic, or in it for the right reasons, but discrimination in broad daylight of the kind seen by Fox News pundits and Chick-Fil-A will become less common. Am not talking 5 or 10 years from now, but definitely in the more distant future.
...with Euro-Sprockets coming at you from every direction.
Me Again
robert rauschenberg
robert rauschenberg

Postby sulfur)addict on Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:45 pm

"Please save us from racism, market capitalism!"
Kerouacian as fuck.

NewDarkAge wrote:why, the fuck, would you post zizek in this thread
sulfur)addict
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness

Postby RSMurphy on Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:09 pm

givemenoughrope wrote:
RSMurphy wrote:It is to laugh that you all think that most white supremacists resemble the dumb and loud ones

Yep, That's what I think. Show me where I even implied that.

I grouped together yours and Me Agains' last posts on the previous page and possibly jumped to a hastily made conclusion. I genuinely apologize for making that leap. Something about your average Americans musings and Adam Curtis' quotes put the thought into my head that you believe that a good part of America isn't racist, just misunderstood. I strongly disagree with that, and I also strongly disagree with us having to be sympathetic to them. Why can't they be sympathetic towards us for a change? If you take a close look at the pic I posted you can tell by the Nazi's body positioning that he's not invested in that hug.

Seems like you're bailing on the thread, which is too bad. Sorry if I've been repeating myself or not being clear enough. Conversations like this need to happen. Good luck to you.
RSMurphy
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby Me Again on Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:14 pm

sulfur)addict wrote:"Please save us from racism, market capitalism!"

Okay, well maybe this came out the wrong way. But the fact is, white people are going to become a minority in the U.S., probably within our lifetime. The people who originally resisted de-segregation in the 1950s (for example) will be dead then. Things have already been shifting in the direction of multiculturalism, in the world of entertainment, in the world of sports, in the world of food, and music, and so on. If businesses want to take up this mantle it's because it reflects the world as the majority of people see it or want to see it, and this majority will only be growing. At some point being a non-mingled white person will be so outmoded and frowned upon that it'll have no traction in the marketplace. And how is this a bad thing?

Am not saying this will cure all our ills, but it's a step in the right direction. You could call it a de-colonization of the public sphere. Now if capitalism crumbled next, that'd be great too, but...
Me Again
robert rauschenberg
robert rauschenberg

Postby givemenoughrope on Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:52 pm

RSMurphy wrote:you believe that a good part of America isn't racist, just misunderstood.

both.things.can.be.true.at.the.same.time. (and are, across the board)
to varying degrees....

RSMurphy wrote:Why can't they be sympathetic towards us for a change?

who.is."they"???????

This thread (much like all "discourse" in this country) has become Thanksgiving dinner 24/7. I'm "going to the store bc we're out of ice."
givemenoughrope

Postby dontfeartheringo on Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:10 pm

Me Again wrote:
sulfur)addict wrote:"Please save us from racism, market capitalism!"

Okay, well maybe this came out the wrong way. But the fact is, white people are going to become a minority in the U.S., probably within our lifetime. The people who originally resisted de-segregation in the 1950s (for example) will be dead then. Things have already been shifting in the direction of multiculturalism, in the world of entertainment, in the world of sports, in the world of food, and music, and so on. If businesses want to take up this mantle it's because it reflects the world as the majority of people see it or want to see it, and this majority will only be growing. At some point being a non-mingled white person will be so outmoded and frowned upon that it'll have no traction in the marketplace. And how is this a bad thing?

Am not saying this will cure all our ills, but it's a step in the right direction. You could call it a de-colonization of the public sphere. Now if capitalism crumbled next, that'd be great too, but...

I guess my point was that white people sliding into the 'outnumbered' column isn't going to, in any way, result in a decrease in police pressure and economic violence against people of color or rural poor people. I think that in order to maintain white control of capital and real estate, state violence will dramatically increase, especially as climate change drives up the price of commodities like drinking water and food. I think that's exactly what we're seeing now- East St Louis, Ferguson MO, most of West Virginia, East Atlanta, Newark, Baltimore, Flint, Anderson Indiana- these cities are basically being abandoned, not to mention Puerto Rico. The 1% will not be sharing their large lifeboats. The police and the national guard are their shock absorbers. I don't think we're going to have a moment of national unity over the loss of white majority that you may be imagining.

Yes, the honky right is losing the culture war- food, music, sports stars, etc- but the wars fought with bullets and tear gas are decidedly being won by the carcereal state, and the "alt-right" and white militants are just the radicalized manifestation of white grievance that propelled Donald Trump into office. Jeff Sessions, Joe Walsh (the evil one), General Kelly, Sean Hannity, and the rest of that lot are FULLY on board with violence against brown bodies.

Of course, I guess we could all get together and hug it out and all of this will magically go away, right?
tmidgett wrote:John Bonham has no competition. Literally none.
dontfeartheringo
Master of Cunnilingus
Master of Cunnilingus

Postby Me Again on Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:26 pm

dontfeartheringo wrote:Yes, the honky right is losing the culture war- food, music, sports stars, etc- but the wars fought with bullets and tear gas are decidedly being won by the carcereal state, and the "alt-right" and white militants are just the radicalized manifestation of white grievance that propelled Donald Trump into office.

This is a good point. I'll let it stand, with no further comment.
Me Again
robert rauschenberg
robert rauschenberg

Postby numberthirty on Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:17 am

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/richard-spencer-interview-huffpost-university-of-florida_us_59ef9b1ee4b0b7e632658b44?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

Around eleven minutes in, dude who seems to have played a role in setting up Charlottesville says it was partially because of haircut getting punched.

Haircut even points out that getting decked was "A Very Good Thing".
154 wrote:Are you in Voivod or something?
numberthirty
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby jimmy two hands on Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:09 am

numberthirty wrote:Haircut even points out that getting decked was "A Very Good Thing".

stopped clocks etc.
banjo.comics.pigfuck.stoner metal.rock operas.

AudioTruth wrote:Everything I buy from other brands break after a couple years, this is because they are only interested in making money. I'm only interested in long-lasting eargasms.
jimmy two hands
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby RSMurphy on Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:50 am

Is it OK to punch Jesse from Death From Above 1979? Getting a bit exhausted with people hanging out with neo-Nazis, getting busted, then being all boyd-rice/anthony-fantano about it when called-out.
RSMurphy
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby Defender on Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:28 pm

affirmative, it is alright to punch the proud boys and alt-right :smt023
"a little red wine, vintage record, some Ambien ... and magic!"
- elon musk
Defender
second class
second class

Postby givemenoughrope on Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:19 pm

Proud Boys.
Seriously wtf is this? I mean, this basically the same guy who built VICE but from the other end so it's just 3D viral marketing trolling, right?

Why is the world turning into an infantile and messy divorce? I'm ready to declare myself a plant or mineral...but then there'd be a fight over water or I'd be fought over in the Congo and end up in a Playstation...I give up.
givemenoughrope

Postby ImDADA on Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:24 pm

Blue.
ImDADA
Saint Who Rules w/ Extensive Magnanimity
Saint Who Rules w/ Extensive Magnanimity

Postby Defender on Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:47 pm

it is alright to punch richard spencer. holy moly
"a little red wine, vintage record, some Ambien ... and magic!"
- elon musk
Defender
second class
second class

Postby Andrew. on Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:28 am

Andrew.
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby Facundo on Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:09 pm

phpBB [media]
La Gaseosa de Subida / The Soda of Your Life
Facundo
david hockney
david hockney

Postby MJongo on Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:36 pm

There's a rumor going around that he's coming to Kent State on May 4th (for anyone that doesn't know why this is especially heinous). If it's true I really, really hope he and his Nazi friends get the everloving shit kicked out of them.
"Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd."
-Voltaire
MJongo
bocce bowler
bocce bowler

Postby RSMurphy on Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:51 pm

Christian Picciolini has been making the rounds lately--NPR, Chicago Tonight, et al. I often wonder how an individual who used to possess so much hatred to the point of going out and indiscriminately, violently attacking POC and LGBTQ people can make such a 180 degree turnaround. I do not want to punch Christian Picciolini--he is doing good work (though the HuffPo article he authored concerning the meeting between he and Richard Spencer blows) but there is something about the guy that makes me nervous. His dumb music he made in the past, aside from its racist themes, is dumb music. Maybe that's it. I mean, is there any white power band that makes compelling and challenging music? It's all so clunky and basic. Dumb hardcore shit.
RSMurphy
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby dontfeartheringo on Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:10 pm

RSMurphy wrote:Christian Picciolini has been making the rounds lately--NPR, Chicago Tonight, et al. I often wonder how an individual who used to possess so much hatred to the point of going out and indiscriminately, violently attacking POC and LGBTQ people can make such a 180 degree turnaround. I do not want to punch Christian Picciolini--he is doing good work (though the HuffPo article he authored concerning the meeting between he and Richard Spencer blows) but there is something about the guy that makes me nervous. His dumb music he made in the past, aside from its racist themes, is dumb music. Maybe that's it. I mean, is there any white power band that makes compelling and challenging music? It's all so clunky and basic. Dumb hardcore shit.

The heart of any great art is empathy, and you have to have the soul of a turnip to commit to racism as a lifestyle. The White Right is weaponized autism, and so the best you're gonna get out of that pack of turds is oompah-brass and Skrewdriver. A punishing lack of insight punishes on every level, not least aesthetic.
tmidgett wrote:John Bonham has no competition. Literally none.
dontfeartheringo
Master of Cunnilingus
Master of Cunnilingus

PreviousNext

Return to Crap / Not Crap