Band: Integrity

Crap
No votes
Not Crap
No votes

Total votes : 0

Band: Integrity

Postby M.H on Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:17 pm

Sometimes a gentleman of a certain distinction wants to crush, kill and destroy. And of course, he needs a soundtrack, but not just any Cro-Magnon thumping. (Sorry, Hatebreed.) Sometimes it's got to as brutal and as dark and as primal as one can manage.

Recently, when I feel these urges, I've found myself reaching for an Integrity record (especially Systems Overload): like being hit by a rusting Panzer tank filled with corpses during a blackout, without any of the awkwardness / dumbness that is ever-present in the Discharge or Hellhammer oeuvre. It's bloodthirsty music.

A little one dimensional in the big scheme of things, but idiosyncratic and weirdly arty (not unlike Converge in this regard), considering the jock-core scene they resided within. (I definitely get a Boyd Rice vibe from Dwid, for better or worse.) Anyway, I think they're great and deserve wider recognition, though I have yet to listen to anything past Seasons in the Size of Days, which is when I've been told the quality levels take a dip.

Your thoughts?
M.H
moms mabley
moms mabley

Return to Crap / Not Crap