22%
Don't cut it, it's fine
49%
Pick a new haircut
29%

Total votes : 65

Re: Not cutting my hair

Postby llllllllllllllllllllllll on Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:24 am

May not seem like much in a city, but in a lot of conservative areas just looking a little out or the, I don’t know, BRORDINARY (I apologize), you stick out a lot. If you don’t believe me, go to a gas station in a town of less than a thousand and see the kind of looks you get. It’s like you’re not flying the right flag or you don’t know the right code word. Goes without saying that it’s nowhere near what minorities have to put up with on the daily in white enclaves, but it’s there.
I work in an office at an oil refinery on the gulf coast in Texas and I really baffle some people. And I dress pretty conservatively. Event not having all that thick of an accent makes people think I’m from somewhere else. And having a wife that’s not white I heard a lot of gossip and racist shit. These are middle/upper middle class people, mind. I think liberals get the impression that this sort of behavior is the sole domain of some kind of knuckle dragging trailer trash, which is just wrong.
Decent people could care less - they just don’t give a shit. I think that’s sort of the point.
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
llllllllllllllllllllllll
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge

Postby P.J. Craven on Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:42 am

This gesture has captured my interest and I actually think it's a pretty cool one. My hair has a hard limit though where it needs to be cut once it grows far enough down my neck. I know it's getting time to cut it when I start getting "John Lennon" all the time, and if I get "hippie guy," I've exceeded the limit—there's a point where it starts looking truly stupid.

I wouldn't be brave enough to stick with this and there's plenty I'll 1) do in the name of doing the "right" thing 2) do against my better judgment 3) do because I'm not considering what people think of me, but committing to being a true longhair is somehow too excruciating.

Also, picking a different haircut is also kinda cool. I pay too much for my haircuts, but a skilled barber/hairstylist/what have you is pretty neat to behold—there's real creativity at work there sometimes. FM ty-lot's theory (or was it his father's?) is that you never let a barber use an electric razor on your domehairs, only scissors. The man always gets immaculate haircuts that look good at every length, so I imagine there's something to that.
ty-lot wrote:Sick bro
P.J. Craven
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius

Postby Justin Foley on Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:16 pm

(Runs into empty room, panting and red faced.)

Wait, wait, guys ...

(clears throat, tried to compose himself)

So, uh you're

fighting for a haircut? Then grow your hair.

= Justin
Justin Foley
Leader with Extraordinary Personality
Leader with Extraordinary Personality

Postby first2letters on Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:16 pm

Justin Foley wrote:(Runs into empty room, panting and red faced.)

Wait, wait, guys ...

(clears throat, tried to compose himself)

So, uh you're

fighting for a haircut? Then grow your hair.

= Justin

Touché.
first2letters
godot
godot

Postby bill bixby on Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:43 pm

Need more info to vote:

1) What is current ratio of Salt / Pepper in hair?

2) Are there any male-pattern baldness outlines that are highlighted or exacerbated by growing said hair au naturel?
bill bixby
district attourney
district attourney

Postby Redline on Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:36 am

Steve has good hair.
Redline
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby Tommy on Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:45 pm

eliya wrote:My point is more that her name is a made up. I mean, it's a real name, I looked it up, but I never seen or heard it before, and MAGA is initials, so it's really quite insane how this woman who basically has a made up name has now been Adolf'd.

I've seen it fairly often. A Polish shortening of Magdalena (instead of Magda) I believe.
Tommy

Postby Tommy Alpha on Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:59 am

jimmy two hands wrote:
Tommy Alpha wrote:Try being a westerner named Osama. There's a name that got Adolf'd right quick.

I know 2 Osamas (actually they spell it "Usama" but whatever).
They both go by "Sam".

If my folks had fucked up and named me "Adolf" I'd probably go by "Dolph" and tell everyone it's short for "Dolphin".

jimmy two hands wrote:
jimmy two hands wrote:
Tommy Alpha wrote:Try being a westerner named Osama. There's a name that got Adolf'd right quick.

They both go by "Sam".

If my folks had fucked up and named me "Adolf" I'd probably go by "Dolph" and tell everyone it's short for "Dolphin".

Oh shit I just realized, if "Donald" gets Adolf'd I'm gonna have to change my last name.

To be fair, Dolph Dingusson suits you pretty well.
Tommy Alpha
Guardian Diety of the Planet
Guardian Diety of the Planet

Postby andyman on Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:27 pm

Wait, nobody referenced that pavement song, did they? That's pretty sweet.
offal wrote:I just want to be able to play bitchin' single-stroke rolls before I die
andyman

Postby agiant on Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:15 pm

Redline wrote:Steve has good hair.

Good enough for afro?
blah
agiant
chimp
chimp

Postby Redline on Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:29 pm

agiant wrote:
Redline wrote:Steve has good hair.

Good enough for afro?

No, I'd rather he looked like Mark Farner (circa 1971) next time I saw Shellac.
Redline
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby Seby on Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:49 am

Stevie Bangs!

PRF, we can make this happen....
Seby
webelos
webelos

Postby jimmy two hands on Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:52 am

Tommy Alpha wrote:
jimmy two hands wrote:

They both go by "Sam".

jimmy two hands wrote:
jimmy two hands wrote:

They both go by "Sam".

Oh shit I just realized, if "Donald" gets Adolf'd I'm gonna have to change my last name.

To be fair, Dolph Dingusson suits you pretty well.

That's Dolphin Dingus-Khan, ya doofus!
banjo.comics.pigfuck.stoner metal.rock operas.

AudioTruth wrote:Everything I buy from other brands break after a couple years, this is because they are only interested in making money. I'm only interested in long-lasting eargasms.
jimmy two hands
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby drifter_in_pyre on Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:07 am

steve wrote:It's like how swastikas existed before nazis, but there's no margin in trying to reclaim the swastika. They can have it, we'll be fine without.

I had what, almost 40 years under my preferred haircut. I'm fine to let it go. It's just that everything is so awful now...

Especially the shit going on with my hair.

Dear Steve,

Sure, we're well off without swastikas but let's consider for a moment customized re-appropriation as a means to criticize and expose rotten ideologies and fads.

Take this guy for example :

Probably unknown to the US , Tzimis Panousis , deceased a couple months back , was a Greek prominent radical satyric social commentator and self-taught musician. Posing with swastika-dicks or
a hammer & sickle body guitar Image, Tzimis gave hell thru his art and satire, against everything rotten that still prevails in this devastated, deeply right neoliberal-experiment lab country. Throughout his career, a lot of people raged against him and drove him to courts , both from the Left and Right , mocking him as a traitor, sold-out prick , fake-revolutionary etc.. But Tzimis remained true and solid to his vision and stance until his unexpected end.

This example may seem irrelevant to your questioning, but the point I try to deliver is that symbolism often references back to a cultural context and at this point of human history, where almost everything seems drained of meaning and substance, I would propose a plain "Fuck 'em", for your peace of mind. No need to waste your RAM . It's futile. Shit-heads in the alt-right over there or here in Greece are still going to die alone and unloved. No doubt about that and no need to feel guilt about a personal aesthetic choice.
Keep your flat-top style or do whatever feels best to you. To us people, who are aware of your work and contribution to the international music scene, you're still going to be a one of kind rad punk rocker, with a flat-top or not. :)

Warmest regards.
Blessed are the hearts that can bend; they shall never be broken.
Albert Camus
drifter_in_pyre
ensign
ensign

Postby Janeway on Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:52 pm

^ :)
Kayte wrote: i'm like, pour me a fucking synthohol bish.
Janeway
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents

Postby AnthonyVillalobos on Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:32 am

Cut your hair.

You've kept it long enough, don't let a couple schmucks change your mind.

It'll all change back to dreads soon.
AnthonyVillalobos
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity

Postby Parbuckle on Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:43 am

bishopdante wrote:It's a lobster push lobster world out there.
Parbuckle
phil ivey
phil ivey

Postby blackmarket on Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:16 pm

Skin Tone/Complexion >>> Type I/Passing
blackmarket
meatball enthusiast
meatball enthusiast

Postby El Protoolio on Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:13 pm

FM steve I think you should get a mohawk. Nobody fucks with mohawkers. You can spike it up and color it and it will already look great with your preferred wardrobe. Or just go for a low cut hawk and go full Denrio Taxi Driver style.
El Protoolio
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby numberthirty on Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:06 pm

El Protoolio wrote:FM steve I think you should get a mohawk. Nobody fucks with mohawkers. You can spike it up and color it and it will already look great with your preferred wardrobe. Or just go for a low cut hawk and go full Denrio Taxi Driver style.

You are a little late to the party, bud.

numberthirty wrote:
The MayorofRockNRoll wrote:Mohawk. Full on landshark Mohawk.

Have to agree.

Nothing says "I Am Probably Not "You" like a mohawk.

steve wrote:Disagree completely. Ostentatious or extreme outward signifying is the EASIEST thing for the right to adopt either as a co-opt or as cosplay. All the right-wing punks look like punks. All the disingenuous infiltrators and provocateurs in punk scenes adopted the circle-A, skinhead or mohawk hair, engineer boots, Doc Martens... If I ran across a liberty spikes doof with a liquid-paper misfits-head jacket stirring shit right now, in addition to instantly marking him as a dumbfuck I'd wonder if he was a plant.

numberthirty wrote:
steve wrote:Disagree completely. Ostentatious or extreme outward signifying is the EASIEST thing for the right to adopt either as a co-opt or as cosplay. All the right-wing punks look like punks. All the disingenuous infiltrators and provocateurs in punk scenes adopted the circle-A, skinhead or mohawk hair, engineer boots, Doc Martens... If I ran across a liberty spikes doof with a liquid-paper misfits-head jacket stirring shit right now, in addition to instantly marking him as a dumbfuck I'd wonder if he was a plant.

First, I'd have to see a bunch of that to even believe it's still out there.

Second, I haven't really seen this "...Look Like Punks" thing. That Spencer guy looks about as "Not Punk" as I can cook up in my head.

While it could be a thing, I don't really see it when I see them. To me, it looks more like The Smiths crowd lost the plot.
154 wrote:Are you in Voivod or something?
numberthirty
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

PreviousNext

Return to Crap / Not Crap