Is Brent a Bun Cunt?

Brent is a cunt
70%
I have no problem with Brent
30%

Total votes : 60

Bun Cunts

Postby steve on Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:24 am

Here's the scene. Guy brings a box of donuts to work, hey everybody donuts. Somebody, let's call him Brent, takes a donut out of the box, helps himself to 1/6 of it, then puts the rest back in the box. So now there's a 5/6 donut in the box along with all the unmolested donuts.

Debate rings (rages is too intense) in some circles. Is Brent a cunt who wrecked a donut, leaving it to dry out unloved in the box and eventually be thrown away, or is Brent a prissy-but-noble calorie-shy regular person who wants a taste, but can't fathom getting through a whole donut? Is he being altruistic for leaving his donut remainder for someone else, or is he the worst sort of prick who can't deny himself a taste of donut but is happy to wreck a donut for the crew?

Let's get a verdict on bun cunts.
steve albini
Electrical Audio
sa at electricalaudio dot com
Quicumque quattuor feles possidet insanus est.
steve
Present-day God
Present-day God

Re: Bun Cunts

Postby Anthony Flack on Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:39 am

He's a bun cunt, clearly. And you know it.

He should have neatly bisected the donut with a knife and taken half. Didn't he have a mother? There's nothing altruistic about leaving a half-eaten herpes saliva donut in the box.
Anthony Flack
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby Boombats on Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:41 am

Irrespective of the donut, nobody should put bitten food back in a shared container. However, Brent sounds like someone who eats donuts with a knife and fork, so it might not be slobbered on.
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog

Postby steve on Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:48 am

Half, that comes up a lot. People are willing to make an accommodation for half. What if he took half a donut instead of 1/6?

Half, whatever at least that's a normal human thing, splitting a donut with somebody. But you don't take half, you say, "I'll split this with you," and then the two of you half yourselves off into the cubicles. Also, if we broach halving then the bun cunts have a window to say, "I only took 1/6, that's waaaay less than a half, how can that be worse?" so I brook no tidy sufferance for Halfers. Splitters, fine, you two can self-congratulate on your restraint or whatever it is you get out of halving a treat, you're not bothering anybody and you've left the donut stock unmolested. Go be yous.

There are other common accommodations. What if he used a knife? What if it was the last donut?

Who cares if he used a knife, probably didn't but who cares. That makes it weirder, going to get a knife and cutting 1/6 out of a donut what the fuck you psycho. If it was the last donut, just as bad. You're wrecking the last donut and you're not even eating it.

Who gave up the idea that a single donut is a multiple-portion food item? It's insane on its face. It's not a fucking pie, it's a donut. You don't gather five friends and say, "Let's all go in on a donut." That's madness.

How does one honorably get himself 1/6 donut? You say to the donut assembled, "I'd love a taste of donut right now but I couldn't eat a whole one, or I'm not going to anyway because of gluten terror or some similar stupid shit I just now wholly subscribed to. Can anybody spare a li'l piece? I don't want to wreck a donut and put it back in the box like some awful bun cunt."

That's the honorable way to go about being a Sixther. You get your sixth, you don't wreck a donut, you don't leave a drying rusk of a treat in a box for somebody else to throw away and you engage honestly with your weakness.
steve albini
Electrical Audio
steve
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby Janeway on Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:58 am

there’s no justification here the guy is chooch who’s never lived on a planet with other human beings, flat out
Kayte wrote: i'm like, pour me a fucking synthohol bish.
Janeway
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents

Postby Adam Sr on Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:16 am

Whatever you touch is yours, whether you change your mind or not. You have obliged yourself. No-one wants your fingered and tongued donut.

phpBB [media]
Adam Sr
Best leader Who Realized Human Wisdom
Best leader Who Realized Human Wisdom

Postby Janeway on Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:31 am

yeah and i heard brent tried to fuck a bug

this is some kinda jerk we’re dealin with here.

#dontfuckwithdonutsorbugs
Janeway

Postby Anthony Flack on Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:44 am

Any cake or pastry can be divided with a knife into a multi-portion food item. I attended a morning tea at a kindergarten today, I know this well - they served muffin quarters.

As long as the remaining portion is unsullied, this is acceptable. Bisection, because it's less weird than carving out a sixth, and honestly if you're going in with the intention of only eating a sixth of a donut you probably should just round down to zero. But a cleanly-cut half donut sends a clear message to everyone that it is still viable food for anybody else who might want a half-donut or come back for an extra half-donut, and only a third of the donut goes to waste instead of five sixths.

Trying to greeble a little piece off somebody else might seem like the honorable thing, but it's likely to be given grudgingly since most people who lay hands on a full donut have already mentally committed to complete consummation.
Anthony Flack
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby kerble on Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:49 am

CUNT.
kerble is right.
SA | SF | FZ | SI | RD | DA | K | CP | T
kerble
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby Janeway on Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:53 am

yeah if you’re gonna greeble you bisect your donut and dissect your bug

okay brent? ya got it?
Janeway

Postby Zorg on Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:51 am

Zorg
World War 11 Veteran
World War 11 Veteran

Postby Zorg on Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:58 am

Also, to be fair, once you hit 40, a whole "gourmet" donut, with filling or whatever is a bit much, and if you're being asked to sit in a cube and stay alert all morning I would just get Donut Holes for an office. Fat people can keep grazing, Brents have no excuse.
Zorg
World War 11 Veteran
World War 11 Veteran

Postby goatlord on Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:20 am

Taking some of it with a napkin around your hand, yeah, ok. Bit weird of a power move putting it back. With your hands? We are on shake territory, but I'm no germaphobe, microbes make us harder, go ahead. Still, weird power move. Taking a bit bite out of it and putting it back with the rest? What the fuck is your problem I'm gonna punch you.
YES YES YES YES RECORD RECORD RECORD RECORD RECORD RECORD RECORD RECORD RECORD RECORD When in doubt, treat it as a record. Call your Records - Horse_ebooks
goatlord
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness

Postby Anthony Flack on Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:38 am

Also, if you're in company and you decide, for whatever reason, that you're not going to abide by the way the food has been quantized, standard etiquette is to announce your intentions to the room. Let people know there is going to be a part-donut situation.

The worst possible outcome would be to end up with more than one partial donut; a multi-Brent scenario.
Anthony Flack
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby steve on Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:46 am

Anthony Flack wrote:The worst possible outcome would be to end up with more than one partial donut; a multi-Brent scenario.

Once you let Brent off the hook for sixthing, it seems obvious you are inviting an avalanche of partiers and fractionneurs shitting all over the box with their two-ninthsism and five-thirteenthsing.

No, no, never. Take a donut or don't. Eat all of it or don't, but don't make us deal with your fingered, unsound, desiccated remnants. As another commentator said elsewhere, "Might as well fuck the donut in front of us."

Okay that was me.
steve albini
Electrical Audio
steve
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby B_M_L on Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:53 am

I think if you can't cope with eating the whole donut then don't start.

Also I think it's off putting if some-one just eats a little bit and puts the rest back. Are the donuts bad? Do you feel ill? Did the donut make you ill or are you just fingering donuts to spread the ebola you bought with you? It immediately ruins the donut experience for everyone.

I don't want to start calling this guy names, but I hate calorie counters as much as bun cunts.
Last edited by B_M_L on Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
B_M_L
Leader with Extraordinary Personality
Leader with Extraordinary Personality

Postby Isabelle Gall on Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:10 am

Sounds like the British custom of always leaving some food on your plate to trumpet class distinction, and the inherent difficulties in ever wholly enjoying a single specific thing.
Isabelle Gall
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

Postby numberthirty on Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:15 am

I'm gonna need some details.

Was it a jelly donut? Did it look like little mini donut equivalent of Texas Chainsaw Massacre happened inside of the donut box?
154 wrote:Are you in Voivod or something?
numberthirty

Postby numberthirty on Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:18 am

goatlord wrote:Taking some of it with a napkin around your hand, yeah, ok. Bit weird of a power move putting it back. With your hands? We are on shake territory, but I'm no germaphobe, microbes make us harder, go ahead. Still, weird power move. Taking a bit bite out of it and putting it back with the rest? What the fuck is your problem I'm gonna punch you.

Whoa. Take it easy. Your gonna wind up getting blood on the donuts.
numberthirty

Postby numberthirty on Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:20 am

Anthony Flack wrote:Any cake or pastry can be divided with a knife into a multi-portion food item. I attended a morning tea at a kindergarten today, I know this well - they served muffin quarters.

As long as the remaining portion is unsullied, this is acceptable. Bisection, because it's less weird than carving out a sixth, and honestly if you're going in with the intention of only eating a sixth of a donut you probably should just round down to zero. But a cleanly-cut half donut sends a clear message to everyone that it is still viable food for anybody else who might want a half-donut or come back for an extra half-donut, and only a third of the donut goes to waste instead of five sixths.

Trying to greeble a little piece off somebody else might seem like the honorable thing, but it's likely to be given grudgingly since most people who lay hands on a full donut have already mentally committed to complete consummation.

Again, whoa.

You are making the unsafe assumption that the sorts of people involved in this story can actually do fractions.
numberthirty

Next

Return to Crap / Not Crap