10%
not crap
90%

Total votes : 199

Re: Band: Husker Du

Postby Maurice on Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:46 pm

hellholiday wrote:RIP Grant.
Thank you for all the great songs.

One hell of a fine songwriter. RIP, indeed.
music every week | here, too | and here | snwv | other stuff

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I ask you: What the fuck?
Maurice
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity

Postby Carl on Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:30 pm

Jon Wurster on trying to play Hüsker Dü songs when he first joined Bob Mould's band:
I couldn’t believe I was actually going to get to play Hüsker Dü songs with Bob Mould.

The show went surprisingly well considering we had only that day’s soundcheck for rehearsal. The Hüsker Dü songs, however, were much tougher to play than I expected. Though the Twin Cities rage-pop trio provided the soundtrack to my late-teens, I’d never actually PLAYED any of those songs on the drums before that day. I thought I was a pretty good drummer but I realized I was going to have to work extra hard if I was going to come even close to replicating drummer Grant Hart’s swing, feel and…DAMN him…those lightning-fast rolls.
dvockins wrote:That is the most pretentious bullshit I have heard in the last three years and I live in Brooklyn.
Carl
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century

Postby hellholiday on Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:03 pm

Carl wrote:Jon Wurster on trying to play Hüsker Dü songs when he first joined Bob Mould's band:
I couldn’t believe I was actually going to get to play Hüsker Dü songs with Bob Mould.

The show went surprisingly well considering we had only that day’s soundcheck for rehearsal. The Hüsker Dü songs, however, were much tougher to play than I expected. Though the Twin Cities rage-pop trio provided the soundtrack to my late-teens, I’d never actually PLAYED any of those songs on the drums before that day. I thought I was a pretty good drummer but I realized I was going to have to work extra hard if I was going to come even close to replicating drummer Grant Hart’s swing, feel and…DAMN him…those lightning-fast rolls.

That "swing" was such a big part of the Husker sound. Hearing the songs played by Mould with other drummers sounds off. The ones I've heard typically feel to stiff for me.
hellholiday
tired of birds
tired of birds

Previous

Return to Crap / Not Crap