Stereolab

crap
13%
not crap
88%

Total votes : 144

Re: Band: Stereolab

Postby Redline on Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:30 am

mattw wrote:I have returned to this band pretty consistently as of late, because of a song of theirs used in Better Call Saul. I'm like...'hey, that sounds like Stereolab...I bet it's Stereolab.' Although it was one of their songs ("Tempter") that I don't recall sticking out before. The very last song on Peng! is also so lovely- "Surrealchemist." They kinda had a pretty consistent format, but it worked very well, and certainly was a nice antithesis to the 90s moodiness that prevailed.

Kim had earbuds in the scene and that song was on. My wife asked "What song is that?"...I said "I think it's Stereolab..."..I was right! Not Crap, I only have a few of the older lp's, I should investigate the newer recordings.
Redline
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby kaleb on Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:41 pm

Still in the early rehearsal stages, but I just joined a Stereolab tribute band that will put on at least one show this winter. I've been itching to play some steadier basslines and these songs are just delicious. We're starting with French Disko, Pack Yr Romantic Mind, Metronomic Underground and Noise Of Carpet, probably gonna stick to the ETK and earlier stuff while we get this underway.

NOT CRAP!
kaleb
tunnel
tunnel

Postby enframed on Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:46 pm

mattw wrote:I have returned to this band pretty consistently as of late, because of a song of theirs used in Better Call Saul. I'm like...'hey, that sounds like Stereolab...I bet it's Stereolab.' Although it was one of their songs ("Tempter") that I don't recall sticking out before. The very last song on Peng! is also so lovely- "Surrealchemist." They kinda had a pretty consistent format, but it worked very well, and certainly was a nice antithesis to the 90s moodiness that prevailed.

Tempter is one of my very favorite tracks. Best use of Farfisa to date!
Records for sale.

Those most doomed to repeat history are those who know it best.
enframed
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Previous

Return to Crap / Not Crap