crap or not crap?

crap
90%
not crap
10%

Total votes : 173

drug: Heroin

Postby mr.arrison on Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:25 pm

China White, Brown Sugar, Tar, Baltimore's Best, Hair-On, Smack, Horse....
mr.arrison
Master of Lit., Arts, & Architecture

Postby glynnisjohns on Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:34 pm

A great drug if you decide your Narcisstic lifestyle needs to be pushed into the the gutter and amplified.

Junkies are a scourge i cannot tolerate at all.

Throw out yer johnny thunders records, chinese rocks? Bollocks.
glynnisjohns
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness

Postby NerblyBear on Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:40 pm

I got to know a bunch of ex-junkies when I went into rehab a few years ago.

I can tell you one thing, once you get hooked, getting sober is incredibly difficult. I've never tried it, but:

Crap.
Gay People Rock
NerblyBear
Leader with Extraordinary Personality
Leader with Extraordinary Personality

Postby 242sumner on Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:42 pm

Dunno.Never found the courage to try It.
242sumner
man forced to eat beard
man forced to eat beard

Postby mr.arrison on Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:00 pm

it seems there are two kinds of heroin addicts.

there's the rock star kind "i use it cuz kurt cobain, lou reed, perry farrell, and/or johnny thunders used it". like there is something sexy and rock n'roll about william burroughs and his drugstore cowboy lifestyle "heroin chic".

then there's the poverty stricken, depressing as shit baltimore/vancouver junkie. i don't think they necessarily have had a rock star life or even know about "famous artists who shoot up" like the aformentioned junkie type. these people are sad, sad souls in immense pain. they are the opposite of the meth addict. instead of taking a drug that makes them stay up for hours and days on end, they yearn to nod off and sleep off the relentless, gray and drab day.

i drive to work, and I see them prostituting themselves, with trackmarks, and swollen ankles, out at 7am on a monday morning.

what a terrible drug.
mr.arrison

Postby chet on Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:39 pm

What a crap drug/thread.

Its awful for you, and you have a great chance of contracting blood diseases if any drug equipment is shared (like HIV and especially Hep C).

Anyone who has done it even once should get a Hep C test, as its very easily spread by IV drugs.

Cant we come up with better topics for threads than this?
chet
tired of birds
tired of birds

Postby alex maiolo on Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:46 pm

It came back into use around here in the "chic" manner some of you have alluded to. Coke did too.

All I could think of is "How can you assholes afford this? Your record has only sold 400 copies and you think you're Keef?"

As my best pal has said many times "Don't we all know how this story ends?"
Meaning, you rarely meet people who's life has changed for the better because they found junk.

I do feel sorry for people who have habits. People do drugs for all sorts of reasons. I don't wish bad things on people who've made dumb decisions. That said, I have no time for people who think this drug is a good idea.

It's supposed to be great, but a man who knows, Keef himself, once said "Don' let anyone tell you it ain't great. It's da grea-est shit in the worl'. But it'll kill ya."

Get used to seeing it around though. Afghanistan just had their biggest crop in history. Laws of supply and demand dictate that it will hit the street at it's lowest cost ever. Freedom is on the march, and so is cheap smack.
I guess the new Opiate of the Masses may be an actual opiate.

-A
dontfeartheringo wrote:If $100 is too much for you to spend on a microphone maybe you should find a new hobby. People like you seem to like Magic: The Gathering a lot.
alex maiolo
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity

Postby Lemuel Gulliver on Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:00 am

alex maiolo wrote:As my best pal has said many times "Don't we all know how this story ends?" Meaning, you rarely meet people who's life has changed for the better because they found junk.

I do feel sorry for people who have habits. People do drugs for all sorts of reasons. I don't wish bad things on people who've made dumb decisions. That said, I have no time for people who think this drug is a good idea.

Exactly. I've never really thought the VU song was a ringing endorsement. I've always wondered why people would think they could dabble with perhaps the most addictive drug as though they just smokin' some weed to make a friday night a bit more fun.

I'm sorry, I have no sympathy for people who do this shit. Friends or not. Whatever reasons they profer: CRAP. Stick to Boone's Farm or something.
Lemuel Gulliver
Saint Who Rules w/ Extensive Magnanimity
Saint Who Rules w/ Extensive Magnanimity

Postby skatingbasser on Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:26 am

I can't stand needles in my veins and was damn glad for that, so I would never be tempted to try this drug. In an effort to dismiss this stuff from my mind as much as I could I told myself "bad trips too."

Then I hear when Oxycontin becomes to expensive for whomever snorting heroin is the next step. Yeah, painkillers, morphine, heroin, similar type shit.

I will try to steer clear from this substance for the extent of my life. If I can keep the people around I do now that won't take much of an effort.

Crap.

I've never stumbled down the 'slippery slope' of hard drugs, but I have made mistakes before and have sympathy for others who have made their own different mistakes.
"That man is a head taller than me.

...That may change."
skatingbasser
Best leader Who Realized Human Wisdom

Postby Cunningham on Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:29 am

Most everyone I know who does heroin, and I know a few, are trust fund college kids who take everything in life for granted. They love the attention it gets them when they discuss it, do it, buy it. Most of them are blessed with good mental health, and cursed with an overblown need for attention.

All it takes is one friend who approves of it for your whole life to be completely fucked over. A great friend of mine just recently lost probably 75 pounds in just a few months on it. He's the most talented guy I know. He's not a trustfunder, but had a friend who endorsed it. Seeing him all slimmed down really fucked with me for a while. Such crap.

For people who are educated and destined for success who choose to do H:

Anyone who thinks its cool is pretty much retarded, not adventurous, not brave, just retarded and vain. Everyone thinks you are an idiot ok? no irony... you are a self-obsessed moron... Your parents probably put a shitload of work into your upbringing, so fuck off.
Cunningham
mime
mime

Postby dipshit jigaboo on Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:30 am

I hear it makes you constipated. Crap... or Not Crap?
Smoke weed, it's fun.
dipshit jigaboo
francis harry compton crick
francis harry compton crick

Postby turnbullac on Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:45 am

I have two paintings from a dead guy on my walls...

CRAPx 1000
turnbullac
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius

Postby Incornsyucopia on Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:04 am

dipshit jigaboo wrote:I hear it makes you constipated. Crap... or Not Crap?

True, as do all opiates in fact. So on top of the one addiction comes another to laxatives so that you can actually take a shit once in a while. How wonderful...
Incornsyucopia
streetsweeper
streetsweeper

Postby Incornsyucopia on Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:07 am

And if that wasn't obvious enough: heroin = CRAP of most ultimate proportions. An old friend from high school days ODed earlier this year, and that's not the first friend who it's taken. The needle and the damage done indeed.
Incornsyucopia
streetsweeper
streetsweeper

Postby LeMoustache on Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:13 am

Almost everybody I know gets a distant look in their eyes when heroin's mentioned because everyone knows somebody who ruined their life with the stuff. We're all tired of seeing kids with potential end up dead, and I can't understand why this drug keeps coming back. Even if it is good for when you're depressed, drinking's cheaper.

I'm sick of seeing old friends with scars on their arms whenever I go back to the old neighborhood, and so is everyone else.

Most selfish drug on the planet.

CRAP
LeMoustache
mayor daley
mayor daley

Postby agent202 on Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:31 am

THE WORST FUCKING CRAPIEST PIECE OF SHIT EVER!!!

hope to everyone who's into this move away of that shit!

oh yea it's a big trip...but when you need and you don't have...damn..
no sleep,all your body' hurt you, you cold, your hot as hell...fuck that shit!!!!
every morning, all day i put myself away...
agent202
doyle brunson
doyle brunson

Postby Chapter Two on Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:25 am

chet wrote:Cant we come up with better topics for threads than this?

I don't think the thread is a bad idea, Chet. I think it's a decent topic for discussion. People take heroin. Let's talk about it.

I know people in their forties who have a session once every couple of months and have done so since their mid-teens. They get a deep relaxation from it that they wouldn't get otherwise without studying meditation or whatever, and walk on from there with their batteries recharged.

Heroin addiction is pandemic in this area. I think the people who get into a problem with it generally either don't see life in and of itself as a good thing for one reason or another, or don't have any aspirations, ambition or hope for their future. If you do have these things and you're concious of the fact that this is a highly addictive drug, I don't necessarily think it's stupid to take it. The important thing is to be very careful with it. Being a refined derivative of the world's most powerful natural painkiller, it's not to be fucked around with. I don't think that means it's to be avoided altogether.

I've taken heroin about ten to fifteen times. I've only ever taken it one way, which was to smoke / chase it. This has all been in my thirties. It hasn't blown my mind on any of these occasions, a fact I am glad of. I'm glad I know what it's like, because I now know without hesitation that I'd rather have some high quality hashish. Music sounds great on heroin, but not markedly different from being stoned, so I guess it's a relaxation thing. The laying back, washed out, letting all tension drift away feeling is - no surprise - extremely pleasurable. The powerful effects on the imagination, a lucid dreaming effect, are an experience I'm glad I've tasted. None of these make me want to go out of my way to get more or to think 'hmm, my day would be vastly improved if I did some heroin today'.

All of these things said, I have in fact voted Crap, for the following reasons:

It absolutely fucking stinks. William Burroughs did say that once you smell the sickly sweet smell of opium, you never forget it. I guess habitual users learn to love it as it's part and parcel of the thing they've come to rely on, but I find it really horrible. If intravenous use has anything going for it, it's that you wouldn't have to have that smell going in your face. I wonder how much of the vomit-inducing effects on first-time users has to do with the drug itself and how much has to do with the stench.

A very close friend of mine is really struggling with it. He's met a girl he's totally in love with and they've just bought a really beautiful place together. I've known him for three years and he's been using heroin every day throughout that time. He holds a good job and is respected by his colleagues, but now love's come into his life he desperately wants to shake this thing. It's heartbreaking to see the conflict that's obviously going on inside him (as with anyone trying to move on from addiction to anything).

My friend Michael lost one of his best friends, Marley. Marley was a really funny and nice bloke. I didn't know him that well but whenever he was around he lit up the place, a genuine life-and-soul-of-the-party. He'd never been that addicted to heroin but used to inject occasionally in the past. Just over a year ago he injected the contents of a five quid bag for the first time in a long time. Now he's gone. Five quid.

So for the friends that are struggling and the friends that have gone, it would be a dishonour to give a positive vote for heroin. I'm not in any great rush to use it again, but I'm not going to discount the possibility either. The world is not a black and white place.
Chapter Two
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents

Postby Marsupialized on Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:55 am

This particular drug strikes me as particulary evil, I have known several people killed or destroyed by it. Those people were weakminded and not good people to begin with, for the most part. Sorta like everyone I know who got heavy into Jesus. It ruined their life but their life wasn't much to begin with anyway.
I tend not to have much sympathy for the hardcore drug addict.
EVERYONE knows what happens when you smoke crack, or shoot heroin and everyone knows what happens ain't good, ever. A 1st grader can tell you this. I have never ever heard someone say that getting into heroin was one of their better ideas and it really made their life easier.
But YOU think you will be the only human to ever be able to do it once and awhile wth no ill effects? Yeah, ok.
I mean, whatever gets you thru the day...but jesus, think for 2 seconds before you do something.
Marsupialized
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Location: Chicago, over by Grand and Halsted. Fulton River district, I guess?

Postby Christopher_Dragon on Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:57 am

Chapter Two wrote:The world is not a black and white place.

Exactly.
I have known quite a few who have endulged.

One of them did it for years, realized he was killing himself and turned his life around somewhat significantly in my opinion. He had been getting high with his boss and when he quit using he decided not only that quitting his job was a good idea to get away from it, but also that he wanted to go to college. I don't think he ever thought of doing that until then. So in a way, heroin was responsible for him going back to school.

Another friend died the second time he used. He was also kind of getting out of control and taking anything at any time in order to not feel.

mr.arrison wrote:Baltimore's Best

I mean CRAP :WF: 2
Bradley R. Weissenberger wrote:Shin guards for all!
Christopher_Dragon

Postby Sly Bug on Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:47 am

Being in a band with an heroin/morphine addict, I took opium twice in 2002. The effects are pretty close to the heroin ones as heroin is made from opium. The first time, I was at home with two friends and we listened to records. It was nice until I became sick. My belly hurted and i threw up after a while. I was told you get sick with those opium derivated drugs until your body is used to them. And you don't want that!
The second time, I went out and I felt pretty unconfortable then I felt very stupid. I still feel stupid about it today writing this. Curiously, it was the night I first met my girlfriend.
Don't do it!

CRAP CRAP CRAP
Sylvain
---------
Stella Peel
Sly Bug
forced to change shirt
forced to change shirt

Next

Return to Crap / Not Crap