home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

Bright Eyes

Vote and debate.

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Bright Eyes

CRAP
74
81%
NOT CRAP
17
19%
 
Total votes : 91

Bright Eyes

Postby Angry_Dragon on Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:46 am

NOT CRAP
Better yet, eat the placenta!!!
User avatar
Angry_Dragon
18th Amendment
 
Posts: 2761
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:56 pm
Location: Baltimore, Where Murderous Football Players Own Resturaunts

Postby placeholder on Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:52 am

CRAP. I've heard a couple of tolerable songs, but they seem to be the exception, rather than the rule.
User avatar
placeholder
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
 
Posts: 7980
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2003 2:06 pm

Postby Noah on Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:06 pm

crap, but not without merit



-noah
your an idiot
User avatar
Noah
"amarillo slim" preston
"amarillo slim" preston
 
Posts: 548
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 9:16 pm
Location: Vermont

Postby stewie on Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:25 pm

Crap, boring and pretentious.
User avatar
stewie
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero
 
Posts: 6818
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2003 10:43 am
Location: Near Boston

Postby mattw on Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:43 pm

Crap, boring and derivative

Indie's answer to Dave Matthews (and band)
User avatar
mattw
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents
 
Posts: 3781
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 12:28 pm
Location: En la casa de tu madre

Postby capnreverb on Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:49 pm

i never really liked the cure that much. some of the music was cool, but the singer always bugged me. he's the whiny easy-e of goth.
User avatar
capnreverb
bum runner
bum runner
 
Posts: 973
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2003 7:07 pm
Location: milwaukee

Postby horsewhip on Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:01 pm

Banal, pretensious, whiny, pandering crap designed with the sole purpose of making teenage girls moist. Fuck Bright Eyes. Bright Eyes is CRAP.
horsewhip
urinated in reservoir
urinated in reservoir
 
Posts: 1534
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2004 6:29 am

Postby capnreverb on Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:04 pm

horsewhip wrote:Banal, pretensious, whiny, pandering crap designed with the sole purpose of making teenage girls moist. Fuck Bright Eyes. Bright Eyes is CRAP.


sounds like someone is jealous they can't make teenage girls moist. I know i am.
User avatar
capnreverb
bum runner
bum runner
 
Posts: 973
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2003 7:07 pm
Location: milwaukee

Postby Noah on Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:06 pm

horsewhip wrote:pandering crap designed with the sole purpose of making teenage girls moist.

noah wrote:crap, but not without merit


-noah
your an idiot
User avatar
Noah
"amarillo slim" preston
"amarillo slim" preston
 
Posts: 548
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 9:16 pm
Location: Vermont

Postby horsewhip on Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:16 pm

capnreverb wrote:
horsewhip wrote:Banal, pretensious, whiny, pandering crap designed with the sole purpose of making teenage girls moist. Fuck Bright Eyes. Bright Eyes is CRAP.


sounds like someone is jealous they can't make teenage girls moist. I know i am.


Oh well. It's a known fact that teenage girls like bad music. I'd like to see the YouHaveBadTasteInMusic guy outside of a Bright Eyes show. That'd be awesome!
horsewhip
urinated in reservoir
urinated in reservoir
 
Posts: 1534
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2004 6:29 am

Postby Angry_Dragon on Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:36 pm

capnreverb wrote:
horsewhip wrote:Banal, pretensious, whiny, pandering crap designed with the sole purpose of making teenage girls moist. Fuck Bright Eyes. Bright Eyes is CRAP.


sounds like someone is jealous they can't make teenage girls moist. I know i am.


The reason I started listening to him was because this dude is a year or two younger than me. Out of sheer jealousy and with intentions of having a good reason to spite him I checked out his music. I wouldn't say I'm a huge fan or anything but he writes good music and was never a member of The Promise Ring.
Better yet, eat the placenta!!!
User avatar
Angry_Dragon
18th Amendment
 
Posts: 2761
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:56 pm
Location: Baltimore, Where Murderous Football Players Own Resturaunts

Postby Superking on Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:56 am

Most of what I had heard of this young man's stuff was a bit too histrionic for me, so I never gave it a second thought.

My ladyfriend just bought his latest country-ish one, and I'll say it's not that bad. In fact, I really like a couple of the songs. The guy is 24. If he keeps himself alive and keeps putting out records, by the time he's my age, he's bound to have amassed at least a double-album's worth of great songs. That is something.

Also: it's not like he's some product of The Music Industry -- he's a kid from Omaha who has done it, and continues to do it, 'his way'. That's nice, too.

Not Crap, healthy waffles on the side.[/i]
Angus Jung wrote:Anyway, yeah, women, metal/heavy shit, 2012, everywhere.


The Hero of Love!
User avatar
Superking
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century
 
Posts: 2476
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2004 3:10 am
Location: Chicago

Postby Angry_Dragon on Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:05 pm

Superking wrote:Most of what I had heard of this young man's stuff was a bit too histrionic for me, so I never gave it a second thought.

My ladyfriend just bought his latest country-ish one, and I'll say it's not that bad. In fact, I really like a couple of the songs. The guy is 24. If he keeps himself alive and keeps putting out records, by the time he's my age, he's bound to have amassed at least a double-album's worth of great songs. That is something.

Also: it's not like he's some product of The Music Industry -- he's a kid from Omaha who has done it, and continues to do it, 'his way'. That's nice, too.

Not Crap, healthy waffles on the side.[/i]


I advise that you listen to the album Lifted.... Tracks 1 &10 are just him singing and playing guitar and are quite awful. The rest of the album on the other hand is worth your time.
It's a fairly orchestrated record.
He has a drum corps on half the tracks.
A drum corps?
Check it out.
Better yet, eat the placenta!!!
User avatar
Angry_Dragon
18th Amendment
 
Posts: 2761
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:56 pm
Location: Baltimore, Where Murderous Football Players Own Resturaunts

bright eyes

Postby John W. on Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:46 pm

horrible... his voice makes me want to smash stuff
User avatar
John W.
Guardian Diety of the Planet
Guardian Diety of the Planet
 
Posts: 5572
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2003 6:38 pm
Location: Louisville, KY

Postby MorphineCharley on Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:22 pm

his voice makes me want to smash stuff


How's it going there, Fred Durst?

N/C WF: 7
User avatar
MorphineCharley
carrot top
carrot top
 
Posts: 179
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:04 pm
Location: Seattle

Postby kerble on Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:44 pm

MorphineCharley wrote:
his voice makes me want to smash stuff


How's it going there, Fred Durst?

N/C WF: 7


Please, we haven't gotten past the first page and you've already Dursted the thread. Please be more considerate.



Crap waffle of the one to three songs where the warbled histrionic works.







Faiz
kerble is right.
SA | SF | FZ | SI | RD | DA | K | CP | T
User avatar
kerble
King Shit of Fuck Mountain
 
Posts: 18766
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:30 pm
Location: Heartbreaker.

Postby MorphineCharley on Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:09 pm

Please, we haven't gotten past the first page and you've already Dursted the thread.


Sorry, I was driven to it. Do you think Durst has room to add a Conor Oberst tattoo to his Kurt Cobain and Elvis tattoos?
User avatar
MorphineCharley
carrot top
carrot top
 
Posts: 179
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:04 pm
Location: Seattle

Postby kerble on Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:13 pm

I dunno, but I do know that "Durst" and "Oberst" rhyme with "Worst."





Faiz
kerble is right.
SA | SF | FZ | SI | RD | DA | K | CP | T
User avatar
kerble
King Shit of Fuck Mountain
 
Posts: 18766
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:30 pm
Location: Heartbreaker.

Postby Mayfair on Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:27 pm

I just saw him (them) on Austin City Limits. I was surprised how much I disliked him. Usually I can just turn it off but I HAD to watch just to make sure he was as annoying as he seemed at first.

He was.

Although I can see why little girls like him.
User avatar
Mayfair
Master of Lit., Arts, & Architecture
Master of Lit., Arts, & Architecture
 
Posts: 3509
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2003 3:08 am
Location: Chicago!

Postby Linus Van Pelt on Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:32 pm

kerble wrote:I dunno, but I do know that "Durst" and "Oberst" rhyme with "Worst."


As in:

When deciding which one is worst,
Jack Johnson or Conor Oberst,
Remember: Tho' dismal
Neither one is abysmal
Compared to the likes of Fred Durst.
User avatar
Linus Van Pelt
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
 
Posts: 4251
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:01 am
Location: Peninsulam Amoenam

Next

Return to Crap / Not Crap

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 8 guests