Which do you prefer?

LSD
39%
Mushrooms
61%

Total votes : 71

Drugdome: LSD VS Mushrooms

Postby i am the smud on Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:16 pm

Last night I tripped on mushrooms for the first time in my life. It was an amazing, terrifying experience that I will probably do again in a month with another friend who has shroomed before. I understand why people don't do it all the time, parts of that trip were indescribably intense.

I have yet to try LSD, something about it skeeves me out. I like that mushrooms grow naturally, something about taking a drug potentially made in some dude's bathtub kind of grosses me out. One friend told me LSD is a much calmer experience, though.

Thoughts?
We are all Romans unconscious collective/We are all Romans we live to regret it
i am the smud
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century

Re: Drugdome: LSD VS Mushrooms

Postby motorbike guy on Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:30 pm

if you were terrified by mushrooms, you may not be ready for LSD. it can be a calmer experience, depending on where you are and who you are with and if you have to go anywhere else for 12-14 hours. or it can totally suck.
John Brannon wrote:check it out i have rules for the band: no smiles, no shorts, and your're wearing fucking boots on stage
motorbike guy
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius

Postby djimbe on Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:37 pm

Mushrooms taste nasty. And I'll eat some regular "culinary" mushrooms...it's not like I am predisposed to hate fungus. All of the magic ones I've had tasted like crap though. I couldn't ingest them unless I crushed them up and mixed them with tomato juice. The dreaded Fungal Mary.

I liked the high. No way was it as intense and long lasting as some of the acid I had. This was back in the late '80's though, I have no idea what the state of LSD for purchase is now. That shit would probably either kill me now, or make me want to dose all the time. I loved LSD. Loved that shit. Never had a bad trip, and I took my share. I guess I recall 'shrooms coming on faster, hitting a plateau, then going away faster. The LSD takes a while to crawl up your back, but I remember hours (like 8 or 10) of crazy mind/body business on that. Never so long on the fungus.

I'm hip to the "it grows so it's less dangerous" line of argument. Not that I buy it completely 'cause folks could spray all sorts of adulterants on your boomers if they wanted to. Still, there is that kernel of truth behind the thought.

Given a choice I'd go for the boomers now, but my golly would a good old fashioned acid trip be something to experience again.

el Cid for me, all things considered. Dollar for dollar your best drug buy during the Reagan years...
djimbe
urinated in reservoir
urinated in reservoir

Postby Ptommydski on Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:51 pm

Mushrooms: saw UFOs, had quasi-religious epiphanies, beautiful hallucinations, felt wonderful for hours.

LSD: became paranoid and violent, tried to cut all the skin off one of my feet with a stanley knife because I was hallucinating that my body was rusting or something. Ghastly downer afterwards.

Shrooms by a long, long shout.
Ptommydski
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity

Postby poop jr. on Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:02 pm

I honestly can't tell much of a difference between them. They both take me to the same place. I went with LSD because of the longer duration and more bang for your buck.
poop jr.
convert
convert

Postby circle_ruler on Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:06 pm

jesus christ, what a bunch of nutters.

it all depends on your head and how much you take. combine a bit of latent paranoia with a hefty dose of either and you could be rocking back and forth in a pool of dribble for a while.

i like acid for the descent into madness rush of it all. with the right people in the right place it's a thing of intense hilarity. mushrooms i've done less often but they seem friendlier, more cartoon trippy. it's also easier to regulate the dose so you can go for anything from a mild buzz right up to Satan coming though the walls shit yourself horrorscape. they're also free.

mushrooms win for me.
Dudley wrote:Are we "meant" to wear trousers? Are we "meant" to sit in metal tubes that travel 30,000 feet above the earth?
circle_ruler
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

Postby E. Norma Stitz on Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:07 pm

I've never ate too much lsd, but I've managed to eat too many mushrooms.
E. Norma Stitz
Saint Who Rules w/ Extensive Magnanimity
Saint Who Rules w/ Extensive Magnanimity

Postby enframed on Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:11 pm

LSD, easy, if only for the lack of flavor. God, mushrooms taste like shit.
Records for sale.

Those most doomed to repeat history are those who know it best.
enframed
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby Luzwei on Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:30 pm

Fuck, I gotta try some drugs. I'm lame.
lemur68 wrote:A bite from a Lu Zworis is also highly venomous.

I Joe 4 play.
Luzwei
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby DregsInTheCrowd on Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:20 pm

Morning Glory.
My name is Mike, and I play music in Stripper Deville.
DregsInTheCrowd
saw big cat
saw big cat

Postby i am the smud on Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:22 pm

Hm, fairly even split between LSD and mushrooms

While shrooming was incredibly intense, I feel like the overall insights I gained from it and the fun times were worth the times where I felt like my friend was the angel of death sent here to bring me to the light.
We are all Romans unconscious collective/We are all Romans we live to regret it
i am the smud

Postby AnthonyVillalobos on Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:41 pm

Oh man. I've had some serious, eye-opening, life changing revelations on acid. Through out my junior year of high school, my buddy Mike and I (he's now dead) would buy trays of sugar cubes from a dude down the street named "Rain". He wore a cape and had christmas lights constantly lit on the inside of his car. Dude would drop the 'cid on to the cubes himself in his room. His room was a real trip in itself. All it consisted of was a desk with his little microscope, a keyboard in the corner with a pile of clothes "guarding" it, and in the center of the room was always at least $80 worth of fresh fruit. Just piled up. He was very, very, VERY particular about what kinds of fruit for what week of the month it was and how fresh they were.

His shit was safe and really great. Best part was, he lived right next to our high school...so we'd just hop the fence from the upper football field and you're in his backyard. We ended up taking his acid every week, if not more for close to a year straight. It was and still is the single most important thing that has ever happened to me. Music and all of that shit comes second to the things I experienced under the influence of LSD. There have been the greatest times in the world on it where I'd look at a shining light for the duration of the bootleg "SMiLE" I had been given my freshman year, and have just these amazingly beautiful images of heaven and all that jazz. On the other hand, there will never be a time in my life where I've been so terrified that my body shut down. Or at least felt like it.

Thinking about it now, I remember one particular instance where all of us were smoking weed in the garage at our peak, one dude comes into the garage crying and carrying on about how he needs to get back to himself blah blah blah. We all laugh it off and then out of nowhere it felt like I was thrown into death and then brought back to life in the flip of a switch and it completely sent me spinning. I crawled up the stairs to my buddies room and started ranting and raving about that shit. I also broke my friend's mom's sculpture of him as a baby because when someone handed it to me it squirmed in my hands and looked right up at me. She came downstairs and started crying right after it happened. I felt so bad. I stil feel bad. But, there was more good/great trips than bad ones.

That being said, I haven't taken acid since july 4th 2007 and I don't really have a desire to do it ever again. Mushrooms, on the other hand, are FUCKING. GREAT. ALL. OF. THE. TIME. I've never had a single bad experience, no matter how many I have eaten per trip, music is just unreal in the best way possible (turned me into a huge MBV fan when hearing Loveless on a particuarly intense trip), I must lose 20lbs. every time I eat them because I just cannot stop laughing at every single stupid fucking thing, the body high is incredible as well as the flourescent glow of everything outdoors, and there is nothing, NOTHING like seeing a live show while completely blasted on mushrooms, beer, and pot.

Mushrooms take this cake for me. I would become one depressed motherfucker if I were to find out not one more eighth of shrooms would ever drop into my gut again.

enframed wrote:LSD, easy, if only for the lack of flavor. God, mushrooms taste like shit.

Some LSD I've tried tasted like cold pennies. That's not really a bad thing, just an observation.

I officially love the taste of mushrooms now. Especially chased with orange juice.
AnthonyVillalobos

Postby AnthonyVillalobos on Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:56 pm

Also, I'd like to add, both of them at the same time (also known as hippy-flipping) is pretty nuts. Took four gel tabs and alittle over half an eighth of mushrooms here:

And it was just straight up confusing. I used to live about fifteen minutes away from Vasquez Rocks.

The inside of the car we used to get there was covered in spit by the time we got home. Sitting on this rock we found overlooking a huge, sprawling lot of trees and dirt, we watched some dude chase a horse for nearly an hour. It was really fucking funny, but the best part was it looked like those movies/shows were it's the hotel hallway and people are going in and out of different doors. Everytime the dude would run from one tree to the other he would disappear. Same with the horse.

Good times.

Smud, if shrooms are fairly intense to you right now, that'll go away the more you eat 'em. You'll start to know what to expect and it'll make eating them a lot more comfortable giving you the ability to enjoy 100% of your trip.

Give it some time before you take 'cid.

Mushrooms are like the slut you practice fucking so you'll be legit when it comes time to lay pipe with the girl you really want to split (LSD).

Slut's are important.
AnthonyVillalobos

Postby eephour on Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:08 pm

circle_ruler wrote:i like acid for the descent into madness rush of it all. with the right people in the right place it's a thing of intense hilarity.

Yes. I'll take the dreaded Lysergic over mushrooms.
eephour
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge

Postby The Flying Ninja on Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:30 pm

I've had good times on both. I voted for acid though, because I've experienced a feeling of insane euphoria from it that is unrivaled by any other drug. Not to mention the most peculiar things that happen when you listen to music on it.

However one thing I cannot understand is people who say they'd take mushrooms but wouldn't be willing to take acid. This doesn't make sense to me. They are both extremely strong, and in fact the scariest trips I've had have been on mushrooms. Doesn't matter how "natural" they are.
The Flying Ninja
ben franklin
ben franklin

Postby jimmy two hands on Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:06 pm

Shrooms I always enjoyed better, and only once I got sick off of them. Acid was always fun too, though. I haven't done any hallucinogens in over a decade and probably won't again, but if I did I would go with shrooms. They don't last as long (like 6 hours instead of 12) and you usually feel better the next day, and for some reason on acid I always had this feeling of an impending sense of doom - not in a scary way, but more of an exciting way.
banjo.comics.pigfuck.stoner metal.rock operas.

AudioTruth wrote:Everything I buy from other brands break after a couple years, this is because they are only interested in making money. I'm only interested in long-lasting eargasms.
jimmy two hands

Postby Boombats on Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:18 pm

Shrooms are easier to convince yourself to take, if it's been a long time since you tripped. You can just nibble on one cap or stem and not feel as trepidatious. I personally like the taste of shrooms. Both substances can give you the lead gut feeling with a certain dosage or formula. I hate the lead gut. However it usually doesn't last.

Tripping balls is awesome but I have also been sitting on doses for months cuz I don't have the time/am an old pussy.
Escape Rope / Blxck Onion / Black Mesa
warmowski wrote:Fire back, absolutely, always and forever no matter how much it blows Andy's mind.
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog

Postby lemur68 on Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:35 pm

What happens if you do both?
big_dave wrote:This is just about finding a dorky selfie on his blogspot?

Jesus, this is the Space Ace by Don Bluth of internet intrigue.
lemur68

Postby El Protoolio on Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:40 pm

Acid can be way more intense and last much longer that shrooms. However you can TRIP BALLS on fucking shrooms and never regret never trying acid. Acid is just so much easier to ingest.

If you trip shrooms and smoke some weed while you are peaking and want to watch Star Trek TNG don't watch the episode where they devolve into lower creatures due to a virus on the Enterprise because it could totally fuck you up. Just saying.
El Protoolio
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby frelnamp on Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:05 am

The second time I ever took acid, I saw things that I would have considered perceptually impossible. At first I thought it was blurring my vision, but it was just that my visual field was cluttered with way more information than was usually there, and if I focused just a little bit more I could see all the little interlocking cats and owls in alternating pink and purple colors that every object in this dimension was composed of. These patterns were so intricate and detailed that I wondered how it could be possible for me to see them in a non-dreaming state. Ridiculous fun.

I have this book somewhere but haven't read it:

http://www.amazon.com/Practical-LSD-Man ... 0970148577

frelnamp
"kick a ginger day" victim
"kick a ginger day" victim

Next

Return to Crap / Not Crap