Biden 2020

Crap
96%
Not Crap
4%

Total votes : 69

Please Just No: Joe Biden for Pres 2020

Postby n.c. on Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:21 am

a clearly egotistical act. roll out video is 3 and a half minutes of Charlottesville, playing into the same losing anti-trump strategy that lost 2016.

loving how the democrats best hope is someone who has lost every time they've run.

jesus.
numberthirty wrote:No one is giving Frankenstein's Monster a cup of booze just because they have shifted from a CD burner to an interface and a computer.
n.c.
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century

Re: Please Just No: Joe Biden for Pres 2020

Postby jimmy spako on Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:04 am

I'm more of a Boe Jiden guy.
Isabelle Gall wrote:'Do not go smoothly into that dark night'
jimmy spako
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge

Postby total_douche on Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:43 am

jimmy spako wrote:I'm more of a Boe Jiden guy.

I sometimes sing in a James Hetfield voice to one of my cats, who gets affectionate when I do it for some reason. One of the things I ended up singing was "I am not James Hetfield, I am Het Jamesfield! Not Metallica, TimAllica! Metallica? TimAllica!" Then I would throw in Tim Allen grunts.
total_douche
has seen it all
has seen it all

Postby placeholder on Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:12 am

Absolute CRAP.

Right-wing record and positions. Harasses women and supports other dudes who harass women.
placeholder
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived

Postby 154 on Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:40 am

Maybe it's naive of me to think he blew his real chance: 2016. I really, really hope he's not the nominee.

Postby El Protoolio on Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:22 am

No, thank you. I'll pass.

CRAP
El Protoolio
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby enframed on Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:00 pm

I hope not.
Records for sale.

Those most doomed to repeat history are those who know it best.
enframed
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby djimbe on Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:13 pm

Granted, I'd vote for an old piece of chewing gum pulled from under a Denny's table rather than the current occupant of the office, but...

Biden is pretty close to an old piece of gum pulled from under a Denny's table and I don't want to have to vote for him.
djimbe
urinated in reservoir
urinated in reservoir

Postby mattw on Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:07 pm

No to dirty uncle Joe. I tend to dislike people who get all up in your space. People who get too touchy/feely. Like, just respect my personal space and don't touch or put the feels on me. I can only imagine the number of women who have experienced this with dirty Uncle Joe.

He's experienced tragedies in his life, and there's nothing that indicates he's a really really super awful guy or anything, but he is certainly not helping this situation.
mattw
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents

Postby El Protoolio on Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:40 pm

mattw wrote:No to dirty uncle Joe. I tend to dislike people who get all up in your space. People who get too touchy/feely. Like, just respect my personal space and don't touch or put the feels on me. I can only imagine the number of women who have experienced this with dirty Uncle Joe.

Yeah this is the sort of alpha male bullshit that I have always hated my entire life. Dudes will hold onto your hand or arm or put their arm around you or some other physical touch. Get your fucking hands off me you creep and stop trying to dominate me. It ain't going to work, trust me, so don't even try. Old men like him shaking and squeezing the shit out of my hand when I was a child are why I have an iron grip as an adult.

It's the same shit the Judge tried to pull on Ty in Caddyshack when he held onto his hand while demanding Ty golf on his team against Rodney Dangerfield. Ty didn't stand for it either and told the Judge so.
El Protoolio
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby llllllllllllllllllllllll on Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:41 pm

llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

dvockins wrote:Gold hardware means you are number one.
llllllllllllllllllllllll
Guardian Diety of the Planet
Guardian Diety of the Planet

Postby AdamN on Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:15 am

Oh yeah, crap.

AdamN
johnny bench
johnny bench

Postby Angus Jung on Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:33 pm

I recommend this article on Biden,which looks not only at how terrible his record is, but also at the flawed rationale behind supporting him.

I honestly think that, when you examine his political history, Biden is worse than Hillary Clinton (and this would be true even if he wasn't creepy/gropey/handsy with women). If you combine Bill and Hillary it gets a lot more difficult to call, but I think he's worse. Biden has been on the absolute wrong side of history every time, going back to the '70s.

On another thread I mentioned the extreme difficulty I would have in voting for Biden. It's undeniable that America would be better of with a President Biden instead of Trump. Anyone saying "they're the same" is a moron and should be ignored.

I liked Biden's centering of Charlottesville in his announcement video. It was an effective troll of Trump which doesn't happen often. Trump was put on the defensive, and went on record saying more disgusting racist things re: Robert E. Lee, which is good.

Both Biden and Bernie Sanders are old dudes. Bernie, whatever you think of him, never seems to lack energy or stamina or mental acuity as he flies constantly around the country at what must be an exhausting pace. Biden, not even running yet, sounds and looks tired and old.

Something that might be interesting as this shitshow of a Presidential campaign rolls on and on: it seems pretty clear to me that Elizabeth Warren really dislikes Biden, on what seems to be a personal level as well as political. When he said Mike Pence was a "decent guy," she called him out. And yesterday she roasted him again. It's notable how blunt her criticisms are; there is no diplomatic, polite/politician language.

Anyway: Joe Biden is one of the very worst Democratic politicians of the past century. Resounding CRAP.
Angus Jung
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby Luzwei on Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:07 pm

There isn't a more resounding country in the world that embodies "we gotta hear both sides for the sake of the profits" stance, and there isn't a better politician to embody this than Joe Biden.

The most vanilla democratic presidential candidate for the most vanilla country in the world.

Also, super crap.
lemur68 wrote:A bite from a Lu Zworis is also highly venomous.

I Joe 4 play.
Luzwei
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby cerebralheadtrip on Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:04 pm

Angus Jung wrote:I recommend this article on Biden,which looks not only at how terrible his record is, but also at the flawed rationale behind supporting him.

and this one

https://harpers.org/archive/2019/03/joe-biden-record/
cerebralheadtrip
forced to change shirt
forced to change shirt

Postby Me Again on Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:00 pm

Editing this original post, to omit comments about Biden having the fire in his belly, and being a better candidate than Harris or Booker, for July 2019:

Not my favorite politician. Not my pick in the primary. I won't try to tell any of you you're wrong at all. But I will GLADLY vote for Biden in the general if he clinches the nomination. Gladly. He's not what we need if we want to become the best country we can be, but he might be what we need to knock Trump out. This situation is dire. Sadly it might end up being a boomer bum fight out back behind the bar. Depressing as that might sound considering all of the better possibilities, there's literally not a single thing wrong with him in terms of character, policy, and temperament that isn't WAY worse with Trump. I don't think people like Beto and Mayor Pete could stand up to Trump's bullying like Biden could. Biden is the only one that seems to have Trump scared at this point, like it or not.
Last edited by Me Again on Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
...with Euro-Sprockets coming at you from every direction.
Me Again
World War 11 Veteran
World War 11 Veteran

Postby AdamN on Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:43 am

Jesus Christ, will he make it to Iowa?

https://twitter.com/politico/status/1122965958564257792
AdamN
johnny bench
johnny bench

Postby warmowski on Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:39 am

AdamN wrote:Jesus Christ, will he make it to Iowa?

https://twitter.com/politico/status/1122965958564257792

You either learn it or you don't, and clearly the DNC coterie of consultants hasn't: empty platitudes are now obviously empty to general election voters and we should expect such platitudes to be wiped the fuck out when run against even the merest, meanest content.

That opposing content may consist of just rambling drunk racist uncle-type castigation and be rooted in no reality whatsoever -- that does not harm its status and function as content. At the podium, hatred and bile is saying something. Above, Joe Biden is saying nothing.

Then there's the world away from the podium. What has the candidate delivered? Trump has delivered an endless TV and social media circus that makes tens of millions of hateful, bilious TV watchers smile.

Joe Biden has delivered nothing.

In general elections today, something is a strong favorite against nothing. If nominated, Joe Biden will almost certainly lose the general against Trump.

-r
warmowski
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness

Postby Wood Goblin on Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:28 am

It seems like the entire rationale for supporting Biden is that he’d beat Trump in the debates and then—viola!—win the presidency. Just like Clinton did after her debate performances, and Romney did before her.

Biden is crap. WF1 for being better than Trump.
Wood Goblin
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby Andrew. on Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:48 am

Very thoughtful and strategic of Obama to make the guy VP for 8 years, raising his profile above every other Dem primary contender so he now enters the race w a massive first-place lead in the polls. Obama's politics are the gift that keeps on giving.
Andrew.
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Next

Return to Crap / Not Crap