home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

Triple Douche-Dome: Bono v. Sting v. Billy Joel

Vote and debate.

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Who's the biggest rock and roll douchebag: Bono, Sting, or Billy Joel?

Douchebag, Bloody Douchebag!
40%
Every Little Thing He Does Is Douchey
26%
He's Always A Douchebag To Me
34%

Total votes : 88

Re: Triple Douche-Dome: Bono v. Sting v. Billy Joel

Postby calhern on Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:46 pm

I'd say Sting and Boner are neck and neck in terms of douchebagitude. It's just that Boner is the louder of the douchebags. Sting has been relatively quiet for the last couple of years. He releases his dopey new age solo bullshit and his sullen christmas albums with little fanfare. Boner has to make a big show over every single thing he does. The man takes a shit and everyone has to hear about how great it was.

You want proof? I present you exhibit A:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_U2

And yet there is no timeline for The Police or Billy Joel
calhern
linus pauling
linus pauling

Postby calhern on Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:58 pm

calhern
linus pauling
linus pauling

Postby Bernardo on Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:20 pm

I don't know enough about Joel to vote, but Sting is certainly the bigger douche if compared to Bono, and his solo career is abysmal. I do prefer The Police to U2, though.
Bernardo
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity

Postby The MayorofRockNRoll on Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:24 pm

The other day, I thought I saw Bono rooting around in my garbage.

I said, "get out of there, you douchebag!"

He looked up and snarled. I then realized it wasn't Bono, but a possum.
I am a weird recluse only here for sex.

PRF Short Fiction Challenge

The staff weren't giving me the things I needed to do my job effectively and give the kids their money's worth...it wasn't too hard considering the concert was only $5
The MayorofRockNRoll
Master of Cunnilingus
Master of Cunnilingus

Postby Andy on Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:46 pm

It's all about Sting here. All the love of the Police forgets that there were two other great players in the band. Synchronicity is basically Sting's The Wall, where it's all his baby except for a few morsels tossed to his partners-now-sidemen.

Sting's still going strong on the douchey, too. Billy Joel may have put out an album of classical music, but Sting put out an album of classical versions of his songs called Symphonicities, which is precious enough to win the entire competition right there.
Andy
Leader with Extraordinary Personality

Postby Andy on Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:49 pm

How is it Gene Simmons isn't in here? Or is he just an asshole, not a douche?
Andy

Postby SecondEdition on Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:15 pm

The MayorofRockNRoll wrote:The other day, I thought I saw Bono rooting around in my garbage.

I said, "get out of there, you douchebag!"

He looked up and snarled. I then realized it wasn't Bono, but a possum.

:smt005 :smt005 :smt005
Life...life...I know it's got its ups and downs.

In the someday, what's that sound.

CS. PC. MM.
SecondEdition
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby FuzzBob on Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:39 pm

Andy wrote:Sting's still going strong on the douchey, too. Billy Joel may have put out an album of classical music, but Sting put out an album of classical versions of his songs called Symphonicities, which is precious enough to win the entire competition right there.

Shocked, but not surprised.

This is so douchey, and bends the continuum of douchiness so strongly, that you could probably enjoy it ironically.
FuzzBob
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius

Postby sulfur)addict on Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:45 pm

calhern wrote:Image

Why does The Edge always seem like a decent, acceptable person surrounded by morons? I mean, the token "hardass" look of the guy on the left (bassist?) and then Bono's fucking mug, decked out to look like an emo-fied Robin Williams, fuuuuck.

WHY EDGE WHY
Kerouacian as fuck.

NewDarkAge wrote:why, the fuck, would you post zizek in this thread
sulfur)addict
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness

Postby Antero on Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:40 pm

Why is Bono turning into Billy Joe Armstrong?
Is you crazy baby, I gots to grind
Antero
World's Greatest Lover
World's Greatest Lover

Postby cjh on Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:17 am

Not much to add although at long last it looks like I've found a home for friend's wonderful formulation who likened an album of Sting's lute abominations as 'like Tubbs from the League of Gentlemen trying to retouch a Girtin with a Wall's Solero'.
cjh
Best leader Who Realized Human Wisdom
Best leader Who Realized Human Wisdom

Postby AnthonyCinder on Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:39 pm

In any contest where douchebaggery is the goal, Bono wins hands down.
How come when it's us, it's an abortion, and when it's a chicken, it's an omelette? - George Carlin

https://cindercone.bandcamp.com/
AnthonyCinder

Postby frelnamp on Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:12 pm

Peek inside the world of a Bono Buddy.

http://www.ladowntownnews.com/news/the- ... 56ddd.html

When authorities asked to enter, Alexik shouted a refusal. LAPD Officer Michael Orosco didn’t smell anything, but the neighbor’s report was alarming, he would later testify, and after a while, Alexik stopped answering. As the room went silent Orosco feared an explosion, or that something had happened to the person inside.

Minutes after Alexik split, police used a battering ram to break down the door and the hastily assembled barricade.

Inside, the lights were out. Alexik’s power had been cut. Light spilling in from the hallway illuminated a five-foot-wide handmade tile mosaic of the CIA seal, the object previously standing on its side to block the door. It had tumbled to the ground and settled face up.

Once inside, Orosco used the light on his pistol to find his way. He saw a framed image covered in Arabic writing and depicting a woman in a burka, pointing a high-caliber pistol right back at him. A framed portrait of Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez hung on one wall. The place was littered with power tools. A musty scent lingered.

As Orosco moved into the bedroom, the toe of his boot caught something hard poking out from under the bed. He pulled out a rifle-sized gun case. He opened it and found a sawed-off shotgun, a handgun and components for an SKS assault rifle, the Soviet predecessor to the AK-47. They found one of those, too.

Orosco’s partner noticed the AK propped up against a wall inside a closet. It was loaded and “ready for live fire,” Orosco would later testify. Dozens of plastic identification cards were strewn across a bed. An open desk drawer was full of cash.

After Orosco and his partner found the guns, the police prepared a search warrant affidavit and, at 4:20 a.m., a judge approved it. Investigators tore through the apartment for at least four hours, uncovering a veritable buffet of drugs — crack, heroin, Ecstasy, crystal methamphetamine, cocaine and an array of pharmaceuticals. They also found miscellaneous gun parts that detectives believe were part of a weapons manufacturing operation.

But the most curious contraband was the $15,000 in counterfeit hundred dollar bills, a noteworthy find considering the location. The Reserve Lofts building was the former home of the Federal Reserve, before the institution moved into more modern digs next door.

Even before he moved to California, he was partying hard, rubbing shoulders with high rollers and celebrities. Two photos obtained by Downtown News show Alexik with U2 frontman Bono. In one, they appear to be at a beachside bar, and Alexik has one arm around the Irish rock star. The other, a black and white print, shows the two sitting on a couch, Alexik in a white bandana and both wearing sunglasses. The name of a photography and film processing shop in Saint Tropez, France, a vacation oasis for the international elite, is printed on the back of the picture, along with the year 2003.

Two other images, neither of them dated, show Alexik embracing the supermodel turned reality television star Janice Dickinson. In one, they lean into each other, posing on a beach.

Representatives for Bono and Dickinson did not respond to requests for comment. Alexik would not discuss the nature of his relationships with either star, out of respect for their privacy, he said in a letter.

"You found out my private memories through someone violating my rights… I’m not willing to reward you or anyone else for doing so. I know these people and have had the relationships I have had with them on the basis of 2 major things. These were things I realize with anyone I encounter. 1. They breathe the exact same air I do. They are members of the human family and enjoy being treated as such. 2. They adore and respect privacy, for themselves, their families and their business. (Ok, not so much Janice). But understand we all do… don’t you?"

Fortunately, he only got probation.

http://www.ladowntownnews.com/news/bria ... 03286.html

DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES - Brian Alexik, the former fugitive who was arrested last year for drugs, weapons and counterfeiting charges, was sentenced today to five years probation as part of a plea deal and released from custody.
frelnamp
"kick a ginger day" victim
"kick a ginger day" victim

Postby Sowley on Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:13 am

guys, this can not be out-douched:

Stephen Sowley
scsowley@gmail.com

"...When last year, I spent more money on spilled liquor in bars from one side of this world to the other, than you made."--Ric Flair
Sowley
Eternal Bosom of Hot Love

Postby Sowley on Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:19 am

Stephen Sowley
scsowley@gmail.com

"...When last year, I spent more money on spilled liquor in bars from one side of this world to the other, than you made."--Ric Flair
Sowley

Postby arablue on Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:52 pm

redacted
Last edited by arablue on Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
andy from kentucky
arablue
carrot top
carrot top

Postby John Houlihan on Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:47 am

I've put a lot of thought into this.

If the question is who's more douchey, then the answer is always Sting.

It's a tough decision. But the answer is Sting.

He's King Douche of Douche Mountain.

His name is fucking Sting.
John Houlihan
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby circle_ruler on Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:01 am

in spite of that i think i have to go with Sting too for his media-friendly, non-controversial green politics during the 90s. i still revile him for refusing to meet members of the Brazilian Rubber Tappers Union. some of their members had been murdered due to their opposition to logging operations which were destroying the Amazon rainforest and he had the opportunity but blanked them.

for your gutlessness, Sting, you are the Uberdouche. the other two are just everyday common-or-garden wankers, albeit despicable ones.
Dudley wrote:Are we "meant" to wear trousers? Are we "meant" to sit in metal tubes that travel 30,000 feet above the earth?
circle_ruler
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

Postby Plantweed on Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:53 pm

Mmm, tough one.

Sting: a couple good Police songs.

Billy Joel: Gershwin for sports bars.

Bono: anything interesting about U2 is in their early guitar licks. Gotta go with this one.
Plantweed
bocce bowler
bocce bowler

Postby Adam Sr on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:33 am

Adam Sr

PreviousNext

Return to Crap / Not Crap