zom-zom wrote:Posterior means butt.
Gay Name|Hungry Man|MegaMaul|Blank Banker
jeff_fox
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity

Re: Collective: Odd Future

Postby givemenoughrope on Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:14 pm

How can anyone like this crap?
vockins wrote:So it's like the Finnegan's Wake of Super Bowl ads.
givemenoughrope
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century

Postby zom-zom on Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:31 pm

Just listen to you white, privileged squares.

You just don't get it man.
zom-zom
World's Greatest Writer
World's Greatest Writer

Postby jeff_fox on Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:41 pm

givemenoughrope wrote:How can anyone like this crap?

I like to pretend in my head that he did that whole song in one take. I like his stoned, slightly dragging cadence. There seem to be a couple of themes which he comes back to. Some thought was put into it.
The clips I've heard where they're just super 'crunk' or whatever- shouting, hysterical and shit....I don't like that AT ALL.
I'm a big fan of Madlib/Quasimodo and this sorta reminds me of that.
zom-zom wrote:Posterior means butt.
Gay Name|Hungry Man|MegaMaul|Blank Banker
jeff_fox

Postby Unimaster on Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:40 pm

scntfc wrote:amen. it's surprising how little some people on this board realize just how close their rhetoric is to randian objectivist bullshit. "i picked myself up off the floor so you can too. if you can't then you're an idiot and fuck off." whatever muck most of us crawled out of to get to our current state of all-encompassing enlightenment isn't nearly as deep as some of the shit some people in this world have to swim through every day just to survive. some of us live in a world where we get to hear the pixies, move to the big city, see rock shows, and hang out with gay people; and some of us live in a world where if you come out of the closet, you get executed.

Wow. What the fuck's wrong with you? Iran? Aren't these guys from fucking Los Angeles?

Earl Sweatshirt's Wikipedia Page wrote: [Earl Sweatshirt] was born to Cheryl Harris, a law professor at University of California, Los Angeles, and Keorapetse Kgositsile, a South African poet and political activist.

Yeah, this guy has to swim through some shit to not be a homophobic shithead.

The condescending tone in the people defending these shitbags towards both the opposition and the people they're defending is also totally fucked.

So, they didn't turn on their friends for coming out. Big deal. That has no bearing on their empathy or understanding, it just means they're not shitty friends.

What's important here though is that the Odd Future fans can now rationalize enjoying homophobic songs, so enjoy!
Unimaster
pigmeat markham
pigmeat markham

Postby bleh. on Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:44 pm

that is the worst drum pattern i have ever heard.
Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
bleh.
urinated in reservoir
urinated in reservoir

Postby scntfc on Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:57 pm

Unimaster wrote:
scntfc wrote:amen. it's surprising how little some people on this board realize just how close their rhetoric is to randian objectivist bullshit. "i picked myself up off the floor so you can too. if you can't then you're an idiot and fuck off." whatever muck most of us crawled out of to get to our current state of all-encompassing enlightenment isn't nearly as deep as some of the shit some people in this world have to swim through every day just to survive. some of us live in a world where we get to hear the pixies, move to the big city, see rock shows, and hang out with gay people; and some of us live in a world where if you come out of the closet, you get executed.

Wow. What the fuck's wrong with you? Iran? Aren't these guys from fucking Los Angeles?

Earl Sweatshirt's Wikipedia Page wrote: [Earl Sweatshirt] was born to Cheryl Harris, a law professor at University of California, Los Angeles, and Keorapetse Kgositsile, a South African poet and political activist.

The condescending tone in the people defending these shitbags towards both the opposition and the people they're defending is also totally fucked.

So, they didn't turn on their friends for coming out. Big deal. That has no bearing on their empathy or understanding, it just means they're not shitty friends.

What's important here though is that the Odd Future fans can now rationalize enjoying homophobic songs, so enjoy!

jesus, think before you type. i was referring to hip hop culture in general not odd future specifically, which means your reaction to what i wrote is completely irrelevant. great job!
scntfc
Best leader Who Realized Human Wisdom

Postby Unimaster on Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:07 pm

scntfc wrote:
Unimaster wrote:

jesus, think before you type. i was referring to hip hop culture in general not odd future specifically, which means your reaction to what i wrote is completely irrelevant. great job!

That doesn't address or diminish anything I said in any way.

P.S. "Shitbags" was non-Odd-Future-specific and just replace the last "Odd Future" with "hip-hop."
Unimaster
pigmeat markham
pigmeat markham

Postby scntfc on Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:35 pm

Unimaster wrote:That doesn't address or diminish anything I said in any way.

to yourself, but not to me. apparently you missed the part where i said that use of the word faggot is indefensible?

Unimaster wrote:P.S. "Shitbags" was non-Odd-Future-specific and just replace the last "Odd Future" with "hip-hop."

hip hop = shitbag? hoo boy.

edit: how did i end up at the top of the page, three pages running? 36-chambers is a terrible album, etc.
scntfc

Postby Unimaster on Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:44 pm

scntfc wrote:
Unimaster wrote:That doesn't address or diminish anything I said in any way.

to yourself, but not to me. apparently you missed the part where i said that use of the word faggot is indefensible?

Unimaster wrote:P.S. "Shitbags" was non-Odd-Future-specific and just replace the last "Odd Future" with "hip-hop."

hip hop = shitbag? hoo boy.

edit: how did i end up at the top of the page, three pages running? 36-chambers is a terrible album, etc.

It's not that I missed the part where you said that use of the word "faggot" is indefensible, it's just that I read how you followed that up by defending exactly that.
Unimaster
pigmeat markham
pigmeat markham

Postby scntfc on Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:46 pm

Unimaster wrote:It's not that I missed the part where you said that use of the word "faggot" is indefensible, it's just that I read how you followed that up by defending exactly that.

oh, indulge us, please. quote away.
scntfc

Postby AnthonyVillalobos on Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:59 pm

AnthonyVillalobos

Postby Unimaster on Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:51 pm

scntfc wrote:
Unimaster wrote:It's not that I missed the part where you said that use of the word "faggot" is indefensible, it's just that I read how you followed that up by defending exactly that.

oh, indulge us, please. quote away.

Perhaps I did not mean defend, but condone and apologize for.

As for quotes Numberthirty pretty much covered it:

numberthirty wrote:
scntfc wrote:anyone who has the strength to come out in a culture where being gay is demonized should be encouraged.

They wouldn't need any strength if the behavior was not demonized. If you look at it from your point of view, the culture doesn't have to take look at demonizing homosexuality unless it wants to. The same goes for someone saying "Faggot doesn't equal me being homophobic. You're reading that into what I said."

Saying "You don't understand the culture" is the mortar that keep that building standing.

And besides that, no one else has even suggested not encouraging Frank Ocean or whoever to come out; people are pointing out that it's ridiculous that a culture is being celebrated for simply not ostracizing/being violent towards a person for just coming out!
Unimaster
pigmeat markham
pigmeat markham

Postby Mason on Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:10 pm

AnthonyVillalobos wrote:

Rings hollow coming from a non-black dude who has no problem dropping a full-on "let's see if I can get away with this" n-bomb on "Half Brother, All Cop."
Marsupialized wrote:'It's very important for men in bands together to French kiss, every day, even if they don't feel like it'
Mason
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

Postby deep.BTUz on Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:11 am

Marsupialized wrote:
big_dave wrote:
numberthirty wrote:

#2: "Smack a faggot in his Shirley Temple"

Top five OFWGKTA track for me.

Hasn't left my MP3 player in nearly two years.

Ok, everything else aside, I absolutely cannot understand what the appeal would be. That shit is just bad, marble mouth horseshit. There's no flow, no groove, no fire, no nothing. Just some dude mumbling lazily in a non catchy or exciting manner over some stupid beat that it sounds like it took all of 2 minutes to record.
I am clueless. If some dude is saying terrible shit but it's awesome, I will appreciate it's qualities, this is some shit smear music right there. This sounds like someone who is not even into music making music on a computer because they are bored. Fuck wants to listen to that? Why?

I'm meh on Odd Future but,

omg, how many times have you jacked slang from this community you're dumping on?

omg, do I really have to post footage of your band?

[struggling to remain polite]

Grooves, flow? Dude you need to stick to satirical flaming, because if it is your intent to come off as some sort of musical authority, you're going to have to come a whole lot harder than you're coming.
Ice up, son
deep.BTUz
Eternal Bosom of Hot Love
Eternal Bosom of Hot Love

Postby DrAwkward on Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:33 am

numberthirty wrote:

Reminds me of that band Salem. Remember Salem?
Stinky Pete wrote:BDSM is a bit like Queens of the Stone Age in that it's basically fine to be into, but a bit worrying if you're obsessed with it.

Body Futures
IfIHadAHiFi
Martian Dance Invasion!
DrAwkward
World's Greatest Lover
World's Greatest Lover

Postby Luzwei on Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:59 am

DrAwkward wrote:
numberthirty wrote:

Reminds me of that band Salem. Remember Salem?

Seam? I remember Seam. Salem?
lemur68 wrote:A bite from a Lu Zworis is also highly venomous.

I Joe 4 play.
Luzwei
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby Boombats on Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:06 am

Ah, Salem, I like 'em, my brother.
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog

Postby Antero on Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:12 am

Earl is a prodigy.

big_dave wrote:Jamaican Dancehill is homophobic for a reason larger the music being hip hop inspired, and its stupid to think that the homophobia in Jamaican music is to with the fact that its rap.

fucking exactly.
Is you crazy baby, I gots to grind
Antero
World's Greatest Lover
World's Greatest Lover

Postby Boombats on Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:20 am

Antero wrote:Earl is a prodigy.

I will step on a kitten every day until you stop talking like this.
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog

PreviousNext

Return to Crap / Not Crap