NOT CRAP
36%

Total votes : 137

Re: Band: Ministry

Postby Marsupialized on Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:10 pm

That covers album is HORRIBLE

Marsupialized
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Location: Chicago, over by Grand and Halsted. Fulton River district, I guess?

Postby atomjackfuser on Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:13 pm

Taken as a whole. Utter crap.

However, Land of Rape and Honey and Mind is a Terrible Thing to Taste weren't that awful.
atomjackfuser
not wearing any pants
not wearing any pants

Postby Limmo on Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:55 pm

gave Jourgensen's book a quick once-over at the bookstore. good lord, I knew the book could have been re-titled Check Out What A Gleefully Reprehensible Asshole I Am, but WOW.

The best part: Ministry have to follow The Cure at a European festival which takes place in a venue literally surrounded by a moat. Robert Smith, having heard how Jourgensen lives to fuck with other bands backstage, stipulates that Jourgensen CANNOT CROSS THE MOAT until the Cure are done playing.

Well-played, Mr. Smith.
Limmo
rolls royce
rolls royce

Postby enframed on Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:14 pm

Am I alone in having a soft spot for the early synth-pop Ministry?

Cold Life
I'm Falling
Everyday is Halloween
I Wanted to Tell Her
Records for sale.

Those most doomed to repeat history are those who know it best.
enframed

Postby Red Square on Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:05 pm

enframed wrote:Am I alone in having a soft spot for the early synth-pop Ministry?

Cold Life
I'm Falling
Everyday is Halloween
I Wanted to Tell Her

not at all, it's definitely good and still holds up better than anything he's put out in the last maybe 15 years...what i don't understand is why he won't acknowledge this part of Ministry...

also i'm friends with his daughter on FB (and a lot of mutual real life friends) and i'm real close to just deleting her, i never delete anyone unless they get super shitty about things but she's a near 30-something who's still stuck in junior high...
Aztec Black Box

jimmy two hands wrote:Sexy existential dread
Red Square
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby rappard on Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:40 am

Robert Bork wrote:[S]ome of the worst rappers are white, like Nine Inch Nails.
rappard
World War 11 Veteran
World War 11 Veteran

Postby Marsupialized on Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:30 pm

Not as bad as the Occupy song but still pretty shitty
Marsupialized

Postby mazacultura on Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:55 pm

Marsupialized wrote:

Not as bad as the Occupy song but still pretty shitty

I think "not... horrible?" is about the best we can hope for at this stage.
mazacultura
meatball enthusiast
meatball enthusiast

Postby Arson Smith on Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:28 pm

rappard wrote:http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/2013/08/19/al-jourgensen-wages-war-on-raccoons/

"A.F.J." wrote:30 odd 6

:?
My mind, it's a terrible diskette.
Arson Smith
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby readandburn on Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:48 pm

That first Pigface album is basically Ministry without Jourgensen.

It is the best Ministry album.
readandburn
future member of the green party

Postby Bernardo on Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:58 pm

If you mean Gub it sounds nothing like Ministry whatsoever.
Bernardo
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity

Postby readandburn on Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:39 pm

Bernardo wrote:If you mean Gub it sounds nothing like Ministry whatsoever.

Exactly.
readandburn

Postby Anthony Flack on Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:53 am

I can't believe that this band once gave the impression of being something to be taken seriously. Look at that fucking brain-damaged muppet now.
Anthony Flack
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby Marsupialized on Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:51 am

The new record is actually listenable for the most part, shocked
Marsupialized

Postby readandburn on Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:09 pm

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/al-jou ... uper-hero/

You're a legendary, pioneering rock star, you've headlined sold-out gigs all over the world, indulged in every rock 'n' roll decadence imaginable, survived drug addiction and alcohol abuse, crossed paths with the likes of Madonna, Courtney Love, Robert Plant and Johnny Depp, and released a revealing and critically-acclaimed autobiography. You've done all this and lived to tell the tale...so, what do you do next? Well, if you're MINISTRY's Al Jourgensen, you join forces with British dark-artist Sam Shearon, a.k.a. "Mister-Sam," to create a series of comic books and become a super hero yourself.

"Ministry: The Devil's Chord - The Chronicles Of Alien F. Jourgensen", a 13-issue comic book series, is targeted to premiere at next July's Comic-Con in San Diego. Each issue in the series will be based on a MINISTRY album, including the platinum-certified "Psalm 69", the gold sellers "The Land Of Rape And Honey" and "The Mind Is A Terrible Thing To Taste", as well as "Filth Pig", "Rio Grande Blood", "The Last Sucker" and "Relapse", all Top 20 albums on Billboard chart, among others.

Said Jourgensen, "I've been wanting to step away from music for a bit, switch gears...then I met Sam and then POOF! Sam turns me into a super hero. Ya, I'll sign up for that!"

"Ministry: The Devil's Chord" series will have a single story arc joining all 13 comic books together, and is themed in chronological order similar to MINISTRY's catalogue. The main thread will focus on aliens, conspiracy theories, the occult and the vile and corrupt world of governments... and of course record labels. The idea for a MINISTRY comic book was conceived by MINISTRY manager Angelina Jourgensen. The story/script of the comic book, written by Sam Shearon was inspired by conversations about Al's life with both Al and Angelina Jourgensen who provided the factual ingredients for Shearon to write this epic. Shearon has written the copy, created all of the characters and has designed and illustrated the artwork for all 13 main covers as well as the inner illustrations throughout the entire series.

"Ministry: The Devil's Chord" follows the adventures of Alien F. Jourgensen, a young musician who is discovered by a record label that seeks to change him, mold him, and control him. But as Alien focuses his attention on doing what he is truly passionate about — playing music — he discovers his true talent and becomes aware of the inherent powers that set him apart from everyone else, powers that are triggered by music. As his power grows, he sees truths that others don't: chilling realities about everything from the true intentions of those who really run the planet, to the untapped powers that lie within all of us.

The story is seen as an alternative view of the life and times of Alien F. Jourgensen and his rise to "super" power that you won't find in his autobiography. Combining elements of history and real-life Jourgensen experiences — including many tidbits that were left out of his recent autobiography — the comic books will have our hero traveling the world as a rock musician where he meets and interacts with figures such as William Burroughs and Timothy Leary.

"I'd love to have people like Trent Reznor, Billy Gibbons and Billy Haynes be characters in the series," said Jourgensen. "I mean, who doesn't want to be a super-hero?"
readandburn

Postby Robot McGearman on Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:49 am

Aside from a few good songs Ministry is crap.
Robot McGearman
rose royce
rose royce

Postby Red Square on Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:51 am

readandburn wrote:http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/al-jourgensen-creates-comic-book-series-becomes-super-hero/

You're a legendary, pioneering rock star, you've headlined sold-out gigs all over the world, indulged in every rock 'n' roll decadence imaginable, survived drug addiction and alcohol abuse, crossed paths with the likes of Madonna, Courtney Love, Robert Plant and Johnny Depp, and released a revealing and critically-acclaimed autobiography. You've done all this and lived to tell the tale...so, what do you do next? Well, if you're MINISTRY's Al Jourgensen, you join forces with British dark-artist Sam Shearon, a.k.a. "Mister-Sam," to create a series of comic books and become a super hero yourself.

"Ministry: The Devil's Chord - The Chronicles Of Alien F. Jourgensen", a 13-issue comic book series, is targeted to premiere at next July's Comic-Con in San Diego. Each issue in the series will be based on a MINISTRY album, including the platinum-certified "Psalm 69", the gold sellers "The Land Of Rape And Honey" and "The Mind Is A Terrible Thing To Taste", as well as "Filth Pig", "Rio Grande Blood", "The Last Sucker" and "Relapse", all Top 20 albums on Billboard chart, among others.

Said Jourgensen, "I've been wanting to step away from music for a bit, switch gears...then I met Sam and then POOF! Sam turns me into a super hero. Ya, I'll sign up for that!"

"Ministry: The Devil's Chord" series will have a single story arc joining all 13 comic books together, and is themed in chronological order similar to MINISTRY's catalogue. The main thread will focus on aliens, conspiracy theories, the occult and the vile and corrupt world of governments... and of course record labels. The idea for a MINISTRY comic book was conceived by MINISTRY manager Angelina Jourgensen. The story/script of the comic book, written by Sam Shearon was inspired by conversations about Al's life with both Al and Angelina Jourgensen who provided the factual ingredients for Shearon to write this epic. Shearon has written the copy, created all of the characters and has designed and illustrated the artwork for all 13 main covers as well as the inner illustrations throughout the entire series.

"Ministry: The Devil's Chord" follows the adventures of Alien F. Jourgensen, a young musician who is discovered by a record label that seeks to change him, mold him, and control him. But as Alien focuses his attention on doing what he is truly passionate about — playing music — he discovers his true talent and becomes aware of the inherent powers that set him apart from everyone else, powers that are triggered by music. As his power grows, he sees truths that others don't: chilling realities about everything from the true intentions of those who really run the planet, to the untapped powers that lie within all of us.

The story is seen as an alternative view of the life and times of Alien F. Jourgensen and his rise to "super" power that you won't find in his autobiography. Combining elements of history and real-life Jourgensen experiences — including many tidbits that were left out of his recent autobiography — the comic books will have our hero traveling the world as a rock musician where he meets and interacts with figures such as William Burroughs and Timothy Leary.

"I'd love to have people like Trent Reznor, Billy Gibbons and Billy Haynes be characters in the series," said Jourgensen. "I mean, who doesn't want to be a super-hero?"

oh fucking barf...
Aztec Black Box

jimmy two hands wrote:Sexy existential dread
Red Square
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby Boombats on Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:23 am

Yeah no. I would read a comic called Hypo Luxa, but not if that was the premise.
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog

Postby Andy on Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:21 pm

Martin Atkins is selling pieces of the stage cage from 1991 tour.

http://martinatkins.bigcartel.com/produ ... cage-piece
Andy
Leader with Extraordinary Personality
Leader with Extraordinary Personality

Postby Limmo on Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:00 am

Will the first issue be called With Sympathy?
Limmo
rolls royce
rolls royce

PreviousNext

Return to Crap / Not Crap