CRAP
7%
NOT CRAP
93%

Total votes : 27

Re: TV Show: ASH vs EVIL DEAD

Postby Seby on Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:23 am

"Now, I'm gonna make like a tree and fuck you!"

C'mon really? No one else is into this? I am like a pig in shit. Ah well....
Seby
tommy vercetti
tommy vercetti

Postby monotremata on Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:51 pm

That last episode really threw me for a loop..
monotremata
webelos
webelos

Postby Seby on Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:58 am

monotremata wrote:That last episode really threw me for a loop..

As a meme, it is overdone (Deep Space 9, Buffy....), but they did a good job with it. Ah, Ash is playing Baal there, for sure.
Seby
tommy vercetti
tommy vercetti

Postby Model Citizen on Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:00 am

Haven't caught up yet but I'm not as taken with this season as the first. Still, it's Evil Dead, so it's always pretty great, pretty much by default.
Model Citizen
Master of Lit., Arts, & Architecture

Postby numberthirty on Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:45 pm

A few things about the third season...

- The showrunner of the first two seasons is stepping aside. From what he has said, he is under the impression that the show is going to move away from humor and more towards drama/horror.

- It looks like the showrunner of the first season of Daredevil on Netflix headed up the third season.

- The third season apparently centers around exactly why Ash is "The Chosen One".

- While the third season is finished and set to go, even Campbell doesn't seem to know exactly when the network will be airing it.

- This article where they discuss the way the upcoming third season will close with Ray Santiago is pretty interesting. Not sure if I like the sound of what he has to say -

http://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/3453647/ray-santiago-compares-ash-vs-evil-dead-season-3-finale-six-feet-finale/

Ray Santiago Compares “Ash vs. Evil Dead” Season 3 Finale to “Six Feet Under” Finale

Talk about MASSIVE shoes to fill.

We still don’t yet know when “Ash vs. Evil Dead” is going to be returning to Starz for its third season, but we do know that production has wrapped and it’s ready to go whenever the network wants to unleash it. There’s a good chance it won’t premiere until early 2018, but a late 2017 start is still possible.

In the meantime, Bruce Campbell has been teasing that the final two episodes of the third season are going to be a massive game changer, noting that nothing in that entire universe will ever be the same again by the time the season comes to an end. Needless to say, something BIG is coming.

In a chat with iHorror this week, Ray “Pablo” Santiago provided a similar tease, comparing Season 3’s final episode to TV’s most devastating finale.

“I would say, the final episode is pretty intense,” Santiago told the site. “It has that feeling of Six Feet Under’s final episode. When I watched Six Feet Under’s final episode I couldn’t stop crying for, like, days. It was really intense. I think what we’ve done with that, with our Season 3 finale, is given you something that just like, ‘Whoa. What just happened?’”

“I think we leave you with the best season finale the show’s ever had,” he added. “It’s epic.”
154 wrote:Are you in Voivod or something?
numberthirty
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby Seby on Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:33 am

My God, I am so excite...!
Seby
tommy vercetti
tommy vercetti

Postby Tommy on Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:36 pm

numberthirty wrote:The showrunner of the first two seasons is stepping aside. From what he has said, he is under the impression that the show is going to move away from humor and more towards drama/horror.

BOOOOOOOO. Gotta keep the humor.
Tommy
Guardian Diety of the Planet
Guardian Diety of the Planet

Postby numberthirty on Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:04 pm

Tommy wrote:
numberthirty wrote:The showrunner of the first two seasons is stepping aside. From what he has said, he is under the impression that the show is going to move away from humor and more towards drama/horror.

There is actually even more to it than that, but you can't really get into it without potentially spoiling some of what could be happening in the upcoming third season.
numberthirty

Postby Seby on Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:41 pm

numberthirty wrote:
Tommy wrote:

There is actually even more to it than that, but you can't really get into it without potentially spoiling some of what could be happening in the upcoming third season.

Meh, always preferred the less-humour of the first film, so could be into this. But the one lines in the series have been killing me!
Seby
tommy vercetti
tommy vercetti

Postby numberthirty on Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:44 pm

Looks like they are back come February. Trailer looks solid (Note: Not Safe For Work) -

phpBB [media]
numberthirty

Postby Seby on Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:55 am

numberthirty wrote:Looks like they are back come February. Trailer looks solid (Note: Not Safe For Work) -

phpBB [media]

ZOMG!
Seby
tommy vercetti
tommy vercetti

Postby Seby on Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:09 am

S03E01 is out!

And it is super fun
Seby
tommy vercetti
tommy vercetti

Postby numberthirty on Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:20 am

Interesting...

http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3485815/bruce-campbell-says-another-movie-possible-ash-vs-evil-dead-gets-cancelled/

Bruce Campbell Says Another Movie is Possible if “Ash vs. Evil Dead” Gets Cancelled

After years of teasing Evil Dead 4, a film that pretty much every horror fan had been begging for, Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell ended up taking Ash to the small screen instead for Starz’s “Ash vs. Evil Dead,“ which just kicked off its third season this past Sunday night. The season’s performance will determine if its renewed for a fourth.

Of course, we’re hoping that “Ash vs. Evil Dead” continues for many years to come, but what happens if Starz cancels it? Is that the end of the original franchise altogether?

Speaking with EW, Bruce Campbell says another movie is still on the table.

“We won’t know [if we’ve been renewed] till the middle of March. We’re in the horrible television limbo right now,” Campbell told the site. “If they take us off the air, we can think about another movie. And if they don’t, we can just keep plugging away.”

How about an Ash/Mia, original/remake mash-up film?!
numberthirty

Postby numberthirty on Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:22 am

In a couple of the other interviews I've come across, Campbell is also talking in "Transitional"/"Cancellation" terms.

Kind of a downer.
numberthirty

Postby Model Citizen on Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:54 am

Seby wrote:S03E01 is out!

And it is super fun

Great thanks for the heads up, I had no idea this was even coming back on yet. Looking forward to diving in again.
Model Citizen

Postby Seby on Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:19 pm

numberthirty wrote:In a couple of the other interviews I've come across, Campbell is also talking in "Transitional"/"Cancellation" terms.

Kind of a downer.

Cancellation?! What the fuck is wrong with people? American Gothic was one of the greatest things on TV and it lasted a single season only. A vs ED is so good that (a) it is the only TV show that I watch, and (b) it makes me so happy that I spend the following several hours skipping through daily life. I am being completely serious here - it is one of the most fun, joyful, uplifting, risk-taking, and refreshing pieces of artistic content that I have ever seen. If it gets cancelled then I shall be bummed out.
Seby
tommy vercetti
tommy vercetti

Postby numberthirty on Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:28 pm

Certainly agreed.

It's rare that a property will pick back up and even be solid. Never mind as good if not better. Some of the moments from the current run are as good as anything they had done up until the show started.

That said, the channel they are on does seem to have a gift for taking the hatchet to shows that seemed perfectly solid. For what it was, I felt like Magic City was great. Didn't stop them from cancelling it before they should have.
numberthirty

Postby Model Citizen on Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:18 am

Watched the first episode of the new season last night and it was great, a lot of fun. I'd had a really shitty day and it helped me unwind.

I hope it doesn't get cancelled.
Model Citizen

Postby jimmy two hands on Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:54 am

I just found this on Netflix and binge watched the first 4 episodes. Fantastic show.
banjo.comics.pigfuck.stoner metal.rock operas.

AudioTruth wrote:Everything I buy from other brands break after a couple years, this is because they are only interested in making money. I'm only interested in long-lasting eargasms.
jimmy two hands

PreviousNext

Return to Crap / Not Crap