Sold - Please send Paypal addy :D
Redline
Present-day God
Present-day God

Re: for sale: things

Postby bdm on Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:35 am

SOLD Paypal'd + actual shipping costs.

https://houston.craigslist.org/msg/6026063912.html

2001 Gibson Les Paul Historic Custom Shop '57 Reissue Goldtop. The neck was re-contoured to a proper 59 contour by 50's LP expert Steve Segal and the binding has been rolled just like the real ones. The neck now has a '59 profile that measures .87 -1.00 from the 1st to 12th frets. Less of a giant U-shape and more of a comfortable full "D". The back of the neck has a nice satin feel and the original serial number and finish remain on the back of the headstock. Stock '57 Classic pickups were swapped for a set of Klein Epic '59s PAFs. Gibson Historic Reissue case. The wiring harness was also upgraded to a Throbak assembly. Guitar has been played and has some very natural wear on the hardware and finish and minor worming on the back. Frets are in great shape with no issues. Weight is 8lbs, 14oz.

Potential trades: '90-93 Gibson Les Paul Classics.
Last edited by bdm on Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bdm
charlie brown
charlie brown

Postby Redline on Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:12 pm

Ben, you've been Paypaled...
For the pickups. I wish for the gold top, ha!
SOLD Paypal'd + actual shipping costs.

That was swift.
Redline
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby bdm on Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:35 pm

FMR Audio RNC 1773 "Really Nice Compressor": mint. original packaging, power supply. $140 OBO Paypal'd &a shipped in the US.

https://reverb.com/item/4582761-fmr-aud ... compressor

Friedman Dirty Shirley Mini 20w head: mint. Ships in original packaging. Power cable and manual etc. $1200 Paypal'd & Shipped in the US.

https://reverb.com/item/4582723-friedma ... r-amp-head
bdm
charlie brown
charlie brown

Postby Boombats on Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:21 pm

Radial HotShot ABi Mic/XLR A/B switch pedal (select between two XLR inputs)
Last edited by Boombats on Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog

Postby Tommy on Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:28 pm

Before I go trading or selling these elsewhere, anyone interested in the following?:

1962-63 Fender Tremolux head. Blonde/brownface 6G9-B. SOLD

1966-67 Fender Bassman 2x12 cabinet. SOLD
Last edited by Tommy on Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tommy
Guardian Diety of the Planet

Postby tallchris on Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:14 pm

Fuzzrocious Rat Tail: Great Rat clone! Has a momentary oscillation switch, and the options to switch diodes for lots of tonal variations. Velcro on the bottom with original box. $140 shipped.

EHX Bass Big Muff: EHX's current take on the Russian style Muff. Pretty cool, but I've got another Muff clone I like more. $45 shipped.

Happy to work out a deal if you want both of these!
Bass, minivan: [BRACKETS]
Guitar, vocals: BURN PERMITS
Bass, vocals: POLICE TEETH
tallchris
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived

Postby Mason on Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:36 pm

Mason wrote:---
Marsupialized wrote:'It's very important for men in bands together to French kiss, every day, even if they don't feel like it'
Mason
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

Postby Tommy on Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:29 pm

Black 1997 Gibson SG Standard - SOLD
Last edited by Tommy on Wed May 17, 2017 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tommy

Postby ooop on Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:53 pm

Boombats wrote:Eau Claire Thunder is THE shit! I won one once in a Dwarfcraft giveaway, but had to sell it to get by.

Dwarfcraft Eau Claire Thunder is in fact the shit, as Boombats has confirmed. The perfect Green Russian Muff but can switch from silicon to germanium-style, a tunable oscillation footswitch, and a footswitch to knock out the tone stack entirely if you want. 180 shipped to PRFers.

And I'm now selling the face-melting Ultra-Lord fuzz for 100 shipped to PRFers.

Get at me, friends, before someone nabs these on Reverb.

:smt006
ooop
howard shore
howard shore

Postby MrMattDiehl on Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:16 am

I am selling a pair of chrome GFS Gold Foil pickups that fit the traditional Stratocaster single coil routing.

They are a calibrated pair: one 4.9k neck pickup, one 5.6 middle pickup (which I believe is RWRP a la Strat as well). Despite the vintage outputs, they sound massive - holding their own with higher outputs in the bridge, etc. I have the 6K bridge one in a guitar alongside a hot PAF + Strat pup + it holds its own/duz the bizness.

Deez ones 'ere, to be specific-like, are da ones I am shilling for filthy lucre:

http://www.guitarfetish.com/KP--GFS-Gol ... 22009.html

Apparently GFS has discontinued/run out of the neck options + only offering the bridge/middle position currently (which is weird because the neck Gold Foil pup is what launched the Cooder-caster cult of Gold Foil, but I digress...). I am not selling these pickups because I don't like them; in fact, I love/adore/would marry them. They are among my favorite pickups I've ever used. I shit you not. They sublime + unlike any other pickup. I would say they sound both "churchy" (almost a wide-open organ tone), but also have a roaring, garage side - they breakup unlike any other kind of pickup.

Thing is, I just ended up using the bridge pickup (I'd ordered a calibrated set of three, well, because I could) in the Partscaster it was intended for. I had planned to do another Partscaster project using the remaining neck/middle GFS Gold Foils, but it got put on indefinite hold for a variety of super-boring personal reasons. (Okay, money, dammit!) Oh, and I have another Partscaster that's farther along that's using a Lollar Gold Foil in the neck position, which is making the surfeit of Gold Foils around my haus a little redundant. I'm sure I will have at least one of every Gold Foil ever made at some point, contemporary, vintage, and from "the future."

BTW, I have compared both the Lollar & the GFS & the original Teisco Gold Foils + to my ears the GFS are veeeery close to both, although each has its own character to an extent (the Lollar does sound like the $200 it costs for sure). But they all share this crazy, incredibly balanced harmonic thing - it almost sounds radically hi-fi until the distinctively abrupt early breakup kicks in. It is thought of as a bright pickup, which it is, but it has a surprisingly wide tonal spectrum, with especially tight mids + bass (almost absurdly so).

They are like a P-90 in the sense that they are single coils, and can do what other single coils do - but they can also do a lot of things humbuckers are beloved for. The clean tones are fucking beautiful + distorted/overdriven is outstandingly fun + cool sounding. They are a insane combo of super hi-fi + refrigerator magnet lo-fi like I've never heard. Believe the freakin' hype, y'all... Again, wouldn't sell except for I have nowhere to put 'em for the foreseeable future.

I spent $50 for the pair (+ $75 for all three) including shipping. (Actually, I was feenin' + did the Fed Ex option + spent more than I should on shipping, but wouldn't expect you to assume the cost of my instant gratification.) For my PRF comrades, I would gladly send to anywhere in CONUS for $37.50ish all in. Anywhere else - especially pain-in-ass countries where the mailman steals everything (you know who you are) - shipping will not be included + the actual amount it costs to ship (plus any additional pain-in-ass-country compensation) will be tacked on to original price.

Really, I would recommend anyone around here might enjoy taking the Gold Foil challenge. They that good. Do I doth hype/protest too much? PM if this exciting limited-time sales event turns the proverbial crank... Will wait a day or so to put on ye olde eBay, Reverb. Craigslist trifecta.
MrMattDiehl
yogi berra
yogi berra

Postby MrMattDiehl on Mon May 01, 2017 3:15 pm

MrMattDiehl wrote:I am selling a pair of chrome GFS Gold Foil pickups that fit the traditional Stratocaster single coil routing.

They are a calibrated pair: one 4.9k neck pickup, one 5.6 middle pickup (which I believe is RWRP a la Strat as well). Despite the vintage outputs, they sound massive - holding their own with higher outputs in the bridge, etc. I have the 6K bridge one in a guitar alongside a hot PAF + Strat pup + it holds its own/duz the bizness.

Deez ones 'ere, to be specific-like, are da ones I am shilling for filthy lucre:

Apparently GFS has discontinued/run out of the neck options + only offering the bridge/middle position currently (which is weird because the neck Gold Foil pup is what launched the Cooder-caster cult of Gold Foil, but I digress...). I am not selling these pickups because I don't like them; in fact, I love/adore/would marry them. They are among my favorite pickups I've ever used. I shit you not. They sublime + unlike any other pickup. I would say they sound both "churchy" (almost a wide-open organ tone), but also have a roaring, garage side - they breakup unlike any other kind of pickup.

Thing is, I just ended up using the bridge pickup (I'd ordered a calibrated set of three, well, because I could) in the Partscaster it was intended for. I had planned to do another Partscaster project using the remaining neck/middle GFS Gold Foils, but it got put on indefinite hold for a variety of super-boring personal reasons. (Okay, money, dammit!) Oh, and I have another Partscaster that's farther along that's using a Lollar Gold Foil in the neck position, which is making the surfeit of Gold Foils around my haus a little redundant. I'm sure I will have at least one of every Gold Foil ever made at some point, contemporary, vintage, and from "the future."

BTW, I have compared both the Lollar & the GFS & the original Teisco Gold Foils + to my ears the GFS are veeeery close to both, although each has its own character to an extent (the Lollar does sound like the $200 it costs for sure). But they all share this crazy, incredibly balanced harmonic thing - it almost sounds radically hi-fi until the distinctively abrupt early breakup kicks in. It is thought of as a bright pickup, which it is, but it has a surprisingly wide tonal spectrum, with especially tight mids + bass (almost absurdly so).

They are like a P-90 in the sense that they are single coils, and can do what other single coils do - but they can also do a lot of things humbuckers are beloved for. The clean tones are fucking beautiful + distorted/overdriven is outstandingly fun + cool sounding. They are a insane combo of super hi-fi + refrigerator magnet lo-fi like I've never heard. Believe the freakin' hype, y'all... Again, wouldn't sell except for I have nowhere to put 'em for the foreseeable future.

I spent $50 for the pair (+ $75 for all three) including shipping. (Actually, I was feenin' + did the Fed Ex option + spent more than I should on shipping, but wouldn't expect you to assume the cost of my instant gratification.) For my PRF comrades, I would gladly send to anywhere in CONUS for $37.50ish all in. Anywhere else - especially pain-in-ass countries where the mailman steals everything (you know who you are) - shipping will not be included + the actual amount it costs to ship (plus any additional pain-in-ass-country compensation) will be tacked on to original price.

Really, I would recommend anyone around here might enjoy taking the Gold Foil challenge. They that good. Do I doth hype/protest too much? PM if this exciting limited-time sales event turns the proverbial crank... Will wait a day or so to put on ye olde eBay, Reverb. Craigslist trifecta.

Sold to Mr. W.L. Weller! Thank you PRF friend.
MrMattDiehl
yogi berra
yogi berra

Postby MrMattDiehl on Mon May 01, 2017 3:15 pm

MrMattDiehl wrote:I am selling a pair of chrome GFS Gold Foil pickups that fit the traditional Stratocaster single coil routing.

Sold to Mr. W.L. Weller! Thank you PRF friend.
MrMattDiehl
yogi berra
yogi berra

Postby tallchris on Thu May 04, 2017 9:03 am

Matchless Hotbox III, $400 shipped in US

The "Andy Cohen in A Box" pedal! These new ones are true bypass; kicking on the first channel gives you the classic Matchless/Vox sparkly cleans. The second channel pushes it into Marshall JMP like gain. You can use this on a clean amp for extra grit, or as a pre-amp for a separate power amp or DAW. I'm the 2nd owner; never played live just at home and in the studio. Includes the power cable.

Bass, minivan: [BRACKETS]
Guitar, vocals: BURN PERMITS
Bass, vocals: POLICE TEETH
tallchris

Postby corybzim on Tue May 09, 2017 12:52 pm

POSTED IN TECH ROOM ALSO:

Hey,

Looking to trade my EGC Standard, which is the John Grabski guitar that was raffled off here several years ago. It was recently brought to my attention that this in fact that guitar, so I thought it only appropriate to keep it in the family, and therefore have decided to hold onto it until one of us wants it.

25.1" thin neck, two humbuckers, black anodized aluminum body, case that may or may not say "Waxeater" on it and definitely has the Obstructures logo spray painted on it. From what I've heard this is possibly the first EGC with the secret "T" machined into the back of the headstock, though I haven't confirmed it. It is in great condition, and sounds awesome but for some reason, because of my height, the body just hits me in all of the wrong spots.

Preferably looking to trade for another EGC that fits me better but if someone wants to buy it we can figure it out from there.

***NOTE: Marks on body are sweat from various Louisville musicians. They can be removed, but you will not be charged extra if you decide to keep them***
Attachments
IMG_5933.JPG
corybzim
comrade
comrade

Postby MrMattDiehl on Tue May 09, 2017 4:48 pm

corybzim wrote:POSTED IN TECH ROOM ALSO:

Hey,

Looking to trade my EGC Standard, which is the John Grabski guitar that was raffled off here several years ago. It was recently brought to my attention that this in fact that guitar, so I thought it only appropriate to keep it in the family, and therefore have decided to hold onto it until one of us wants it.

25.1" thin neck, two humbuckers, black anodized aluminum body, case that may or may not say "Waxeater" on it and definitely has the Obstructures logo spray painted on it. From what I've heard this is possibly the first EGC with the secret "T" machined into the back of the headstock, though I haven't confirmed it. It is in great condition, and sounds awesome but for some reason, because of my height, the body just hits me in all of the wrong spots.

Preferably looking to trade for another EGC that fits me better but if someone wants to buy it we can figure it out from there.

***NOTE: Marks on body are sweat from various Louisville musicians. They can be removed, but you will not be charged extra if you decide to keep them***

In all seriousness, what is your height? I've been looking at this guitar as a possible first EGC, yet haven't played it. I'm 6'2", 200ish pounds, give or take 2-20 on any given day; do you think it might cause me similar problems? What were your specific body issues?
MrMattDiehl
yogi berra
yogi berra

Postby skoz on Tue May 09, 2017 7:42 pm

MrMattDiehl wrote:

Hey,

In all seriousness, what is your height? I've been looking at this guitar as a possible first EGC, yet haven't played it. I'm 6'2", 200ish pounds, give or take 2-20 on any given day; do you think it might cause me similar problems? What were your specific body issues?

I wasn't specifically asked but I'm 6'4" 200 lbs and have an EGC standard. I have no issues with comfort or fit of the guitar. I'm short waisted though and wear my guitar a little high. Not Dwyer or Williams high but a little high.
skoz
john wyndham
john wyndham

Postby MrMattDiehl on Tue May 09, 2017 8:26 pm

skoz wrote:I wasn't specifically asked but I'm 6'4" 200 lbs and have an EGC standard. I have no issues with comfort or fit of the guitar. I'm short waisted though and wear my guitar a little high. Not Dwyer or Williams high but a little high.

Dude, in my olde age I find I'm playing my Partscaster up around my chin - I come off like a grizzled Dave Matthews or something! It is heavy as fuck (ash?), but still, no excuse. I am finding myself turning more frequently, however, to my lighter, more ergonomic axes, however, like a thin mahogany PRS SE One currently being hot-rodded. Never realized how much I'd appreciate the weight of a lighter guitar; I'd always equated weight with quality. Now, though, I'm seriously eyeing an EGC Chessie for its tiny lbs. fingerprint (and oh yeah, the neck is s'posed to be fucking incredible, even if the Burstbuckers will be saying sayonara + get swapped out for EGC pups).

There, was that verbose and off-topic enough to qualify as one of my authentic posts?
MrMattDiehl
yogi berra
yogi berra

Postby corybzim on Wed May 10, 2017 3:58 pm

MrMattDiehl wrote:

Hey,

25.1" thin neck, two humbuckers, black anodized aluminum body, case that may or may not say "Waxeater" on it and definitely has the Obstructures logo spray painted on it. From what I've heard this is possibly the first EGC with the secret "T" machined into the back of the headstock, though I haven't confirmed it. It is in great condition, and sounds awesome but for some reason, because of my height and how low I wear the guitar, the body just hits me in all of the wrong spots.

Hahahah, I'm like 5'9" and a buck-fifty, so I highly doubt it would give you the same issues. Seems like the edge just hits me either low rib or hip depending on how I'm playing it which is usually pretty low slung and angled. I could adjust the strap up or down, but I'd rather just play something that feels totally right to me. My Tyranny feels pretty great and for some reason haven't had this issue with a wooden body Standard.
corybzim
comrade
comrade

Postby wotown on Thu May 11, 2017 10:00 pm

Gibson Epiphone - 1998 Korean Sheraton
$450 plus shipping from Madison, WI

Sheraton hollow body w/ hard case. I've owned it the last 15 years and barely played it and it shows. Very little wear. Missing the pickguard and the rubber part of the pickup switch knob. Case has some surface wear from wedging between other cases but inside is mint.
Attachments
Sheraton1998.jpg
Recent: Body Futures
Sporadic: The Five Mod Four
Mostly reading but not posting on Twitter
wotown
gorilla
gorilla

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion