home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

for sale: things

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Re: for sale: things

Postby barndog on Mon May 15, 2017 11:23 pm

Kawaii K1 II

I bought this about 20 years ago, and never really used it. No issues that I know of - I have a gig bag for it as well. I think I might have a few sound modules laying around (little credit card size cards that expand the sounds on the factory sound bank). Would prefer Chicago area pickup. Cheapest one I see on ebay is for $129 - so maybe $110?

**** TENTATIVELY SOLD ****
Attachments
kawaii.jpg
Last edited by barndog on Wed May 17, 2017 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
barndog
Master of Lit., Arts, & Architecture

Postby Major on Wed May 17, 2017 12:50 pm

Major wrote:Electro Faustus EF109 Drone Thing

6 oscillator, power sag, low pass filter. Great little synth. Only selling because I'm eyeing something with CV options.

PRF Deal: I'll cover shipping in the US and actual elsewhere. Wow!

http://rvrb.io/ef109-drone-thing-wkh
Major
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby eliya on Wed May 24, 2017 2:17 pm

Selling this Ikea media center/TV bench. Not sure what the Swedish name is because they don't sell it anymore. Surprisingly solid and sturdy and in pretty good condition! $50 or best offer?

eliya
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity

Postby barndog on Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:14 pm

So I'm looking to sell my G&L F-100. Plays fine - everything works. Some cosmetic wear. Would prefer selling it local (I'm in Chicago). I'm thinking $700 but am open to offers.
Attachments
16729944_10154994308149122_1809420407_n.jpg
16753966_10154994308159122_1497077678_n.jpg
16736593_10154994428984122_425677782_n.jpg
barndog

Postby liamneeson on Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:00 pm

Selling my Warwick Pro Series Corvette 4 stringer. Excellent condition and very minimal wear. I bought it in 2007 and the peak of a phase in which I was obsessed with crazy fusion style, double and triple stop type of playing, i.e. slightly into dude from Mudvayne. I don't know if it's up anyone's alley here but thought I'd try. I'm in Chicago and I'd prefer a local pick up. $650 and it's yours but I'll entertain all offers.

Here's a link to the CL ad. I'm having a hard time adding photos

:smt006
liamneeson
fan
fan

Postby Redline on Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:19 pm

Hey, if you are a beginner (or getting it for one), consider yourself lucky not having to live in Squier world for a few years.

:D
Redline
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby MrMattDiehl on Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:39 pm

Okay, just finishing up a couple of Partscaster builds & I've found myself with a lot of high-quality leftover parts I'd prefer to share with my PRF brothers & sisters at a nice price. I've included shipping to CONUS in all the prices. (i.e., free shipping, yo. Kinda. If you want me to ship someone outside o' the U.S. of A., additional shipping charges will apply.) Also, I am happy to hear all offers, but I have attempted to price them at a fair, non-haggle price, which I guess means "price is firm - kinda?"

And so it begins:

1) SOLD Lollar surface-mount Gold Foil neck pickup, $150.00: This is perhaps the greatest pickup I've ever played - if you haven't experienced the magic of the Gold Foil, you need to get out more, yo. Just kidding. But this is truly astonishing - & Lollar's interpretation is absolutely fucking superb. Deep rich harmonics & overtones like nobody's biz.

So why am I selling it? Because I ordered a soapbar & got this instead, which I didn't realize was a surface mount until a luthier installed it into my guitar & said, "Dude, this was a hassle to install." Then, when I tried to return it to where I bought it brand new, the proprietor started screaming at me, gave me $200 & told me to keep it. (See "Little Details From My Day" for the whole, strange story.) I took the $200, bought myself a soapbar version direct from Lollar - but now I have two amazing Lollar Gold Foils & can only use one. (I don't have a guitar that takes surface mounts without heavy modding - otherwise I'd keep it.) So basically it's brand new but was installed in one guitar. Did I mention it's the best pickup in the world? $150.00 will take it away. No packaging. (That's another sad luthier story...)

2) SOLD GFS Gold Foil bridge pickup, same rout as Strat single coils, $15.00: Yes, that's right - fifteen bucks! As you can probably tell, I'm swimming in Gold Foils over here - while they are my fave pickup of all time, I just don't have guitars for all of 'em. Despite this being an inexpensive pickup - like $25 new - it sounds absolutely freakin' amazing. It's waaaaay closer to the Lollar than you'd think for not too many clams. Taking a substantial loss I suppose, but I figure someone would buy it. Comes with like-new packaging, all screws etc. etc.

3) Gotoh SD90-MG-T 3x3 Machine Heads locking tunes, $30.00: These are great fucking tuners - locking, cool vintage look (black knobs), perfect for non-inline tuner guitars. Well, most of them. I'm selling them because my luthier dude tried to put them on my PRS SE One & they were too small. Basically brand new in packaging, other than my luthier dude trying to put them on my guitar & failing. I got them off a guy on Craigslist for $25, so I thought $30 with free shipping was reasonable. They go for a lot more, so I think this is an excellent deal.

4) PRS SE P-90, $55.00: This pickup came out of my PRS SE One (basically a Les Paul Jr. with just a single pickup). I fucking love it - it is one of the best P-90s I've ever heard - but I put in a Lollar P-90 & don't have anywhere to put this & don't want to keep saving gear for a rainy day/new Partscaster, etc. I believe it is either a Seymour Duncan Vintage P-90 or a Korean version of it; either way it sounds kickarse - fantastic breakup. I think it's around 9.6k, but sounds a little hotter than the Lollar. Great complex harmonics/overtones, not far from the Lollar IMHO. I see these on Reverb, etc. for $75.00 - but I got a good deal on the guitar (& my friend gave me the Lollar as a gift), so I'm passing on my savings to you, PRF friend! Will throw in a second black P-90 cover cuz I'm fancy like that...

5) Stock Fender Strat tuners from a recent MIM neck, $25.00: I replaced the tuners on my MIM Fender Strat neck (I believe 2015 vintage?) with Schaller M6s. I considered not swapping them out, however, because these stock ones were/are great - but I had the Schallers lying around, so I said fuck it. My loss is your gain. Class up your Squier with these authentic, far superior Fender machine heads! And yes, twenty-five bucks is a steal IMHO. I've used 'em, sure, but they are basically in perfect condition.

6) Bridge humbucker + two Strat-style single coils + basic Strat-style electronics + jack plug, $30: These all came out of the same "lawsuit" Strat-style guitar. They work just fine & sound good - especially considering the nice price! I don't know what they are/who manufactured them, so I can't justify charging more. Happy to sell the individual pickups separately for $10 + shipping (will combine shipping if you take more than one) & the electronics for like $15 (again, if you take the whole enchilada, it's only thirty bucks - an amazing one-time offer!). The electronics have mini-pots btw instead of standard pots. This is done basically to fit a smaller cavity (& save money), but they work just fine. Will get your project guitar up & running asap!

More interested in ye olde ca$h than trades, but... Most interested in/needing Stratocaster wiring harness upgrades (especially with blender mod, TBX, treble bleed, Orange Drop/Oil in paper tone hype crap, high-end parts, etc.) & hand-wound/boutique-ish Stratocaster middle-position pickup (Fralin, Lollar, Bare Knuckle, Raw Vintage, original Bill Lawrence/Wilde, Lace Alumitones, Novak, etc. - although I am open-minded in this area). Also will consider cool distortion/fuzz pedals (especially from Earthquaker Devices - love Acapulco Gold, Hoof, etc.), MXR Shin-Juku, cool octave pedals, Moog Minifoogers (particularly the Chorus & Flange), lower-watt tube amps, fairly compact cabinets, Epiphone Dot, single-pickup guitars (Melody Maker, SG, Reverend) & guitars that take P-90s, cool P-90 pickups...

Happy to answer any questions - PM away. Paypal, yadda yadda yadda. Will subtract $5.00 off price per item if you pickup locally (Los Angeles, CA). If you wanna take the whole shebang of stuff listed here in one swoop, I would definitely do some additional shaving of the price, too, but again these are pretty fair prices IMHO.

Thank ye...
MrMattDiehl
yogi berra
yogi berra

Postby Me Again on Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:21 am

Am graduating to an audio interface with 8 channels and phantom power, so it's looking like I'll be parting with my Tascam UH-7000. Asking $200 + total cost of shipping. No haggling. Continental U.S. only.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/UH7000

A bit about the UH-7000...It's a good entry-level interface for home digital recording, ideal if you're only doing two tracks at a time -- it can handle four if you use two quarter-inch inputs in addition to the two XLRs -- and don't need phantom power. It's also great for making vinyl to digital transfers. Or doing interviews. And several months ago I made a 24-bit/48k transfer of a 4-track noise thing a buddy of mine and I did in high school and the results sounded markedly better than when I'd previously done a transfer of it at a professional studio. The preamp is loud enough to get a good signal from a ribbon mic on an amp, with room to spare, but I just got a lower-gain dynamic mic and Cloudlifter for vocals and need to power the latter somehow. Figured it was time for an upgrade since I'm getting a bit more "serious." Kinda sad to part with this but don't have much room for it and won't be needing it.

The UH-7000 comes in the original box with documentation and styrofoam, USB cord, data disc with driver and a DAW on it, etc. and is in good condition having only been used in a domestic environment (there was no snorting coke off the top of the top of THIS bad baby!).

Will take offers in the order they're received.

Cheers.
...with Euro-Sprockets coming at you from every direction.
Me Again
saddam hussein
saddam hussein

Postby noise&light on Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:28 am

Selling a few mics on Reverb. Shure PGA181. AKG C3000.

https://reverb.com/shop/lizs-gear-emporium-6

I'm also selling an Electro-Voice RE50B but the listing isn't showing up for some reason. It's an omni mic listed for $100.

Feel free to make me an offer and put PRF in the message.

*Update: the Sennheiser is spoken for.
Last edited by noise&light on Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
There's no reason
To feel all the hard times
To lay down the hard lines
It's absolutely true
noise&light
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived

Postby bdm on Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:39 am

N/A
Last edited by bdm on Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
bdm
charlie brown
charlie brown

Postby Major on Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:29 am

And I'm selling ANOTHER tape delay

Maestro Echoplex EP-4 Tape Delay

https://reverb.com/item/5826436-maestro ... tape-delay

Like bdm, I am open to reasonable offers, and avoiding paying fees would be ideal. Shipping is pretty firm though, depending on location. Also potentially open to trades (reverb or delay pedals, synths.)
Major
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby Boombats on Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:54 pm

Major, your adventures in gear acquisition send a strong message: Fuck tape delays.
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog

Postby llllllllllllllllllllllll on Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:56 pm

Boombats wrote:Major, your adventures in gear acquisition send a strong message: Fuck tape delays.

They break but they're kind of awesome. Really good in front of a Fender amp. Sometimes I look at mine and imagine it replaced by another guitar or a new head.
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

dvockins wrote:Gold hardware means you are number one.
llllllllllllllllllllllll
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge

Postby Major on Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:45 pm

Boombats FTW

I've owned all the popular ones, and all they do is make me nervous, because as lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll has stated, they break. There are plenty of perfectly decent emulations that it just doesn't make any sense to own a real deal Holyfield.
Major
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby noise&light on Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:49 pm

noise&light wrote:Selling a few mics on Reverb. Shure PGA181

https://reverb.com/shop/lizs-gear-emporium-6

Feel free to make me an offer and put PRF in the message.

*Update: the Sennheiser, the AKG, and the Electro-Voice are spoken for.
There's no reason
To feel all the hard times
To lay down the hard lines
It's absolutely true
noise&light

Postby benadrian on Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:28 pm

Surly Pacer
Awesome, zippy city/all around road bike.
2008 I think.

56cm
Cromo Frame.
Tiagra derailleurs. 2x9
Dura Ace downtube shifters (rear indexed).
Salsa Bell Lap bars.
Shimano Levers.
TRP Brakes.
Selle Saddle.
$old

Bike is in Los Angeles, but I can ship if one of you wants it.
note: will come with no pedals or MKS Sylvan road pedals, not the SPD pedals pictured
Image2008 Surly Pacer by benadrian, on Flickr
More Pics.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/benadrian ... 3395018104
Last edited by benadrian on Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
benadrian
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby MrMattDiehl on Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:33 pm

Okay, I was selling this 8.9k P-90 pickup I got out of a PRS P-90 for $50ish bucks, but now I'm down to $30 (+ $5.50 shipping) on Reverb:

https://reverb.com/item/5864364-prs-p-9 ... -p90-cover

$25 + free shipping in CONUS for my PRF party people, however. Spectacular freakin' pickup, great breakup: I would keep it, but can't justify it with Lollar standard P-90 & also overwound version lyin' around the house...

Also, I have this Gotoh-style (may even be actual Gotoh, will confirm) murdered-out bridge I'm taking off the guitar pictured - $15 + free shipping to PRF (haven't put it on Reverb, eBay yet, don't want to deal):

https://reverb.com/item/4983650-usa-cus ... d-aluminum

Or $30 for both all in?
MrMattDiehl
yogi berra
yogi berra

Postby tallchris on Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:14 am

Verellen Big Spider, $150 shipped in the US.

Really cool fuzz pedal, supposed to be based on the old Japanese Ace Tone Fuzz Master FM-2 circuit. Sounds rad, but I just can't get fuzz pedals to work for me.

Pics here:
https://reverb.com/item/5899712-verellen-big-spider

Demo from Verellen:

phpBB [media]
Bass, minivan: [BRACKETS]
Guitar, vocals: BURN PERMITS
Bass, vocals: POLICE TEETH
tallchris

Postby flanneljammies on Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:31 pm

https://madison.craigslist.org/msg/6201042605.html

Roland TR-626 Drum Machine - $150
The TR-626 was an updated version of the classic TR-606 and TR-505 Rhythm Composers. This drum machine is simple but has the good features from its legendary ancestors - the TR-909 and TR-808. Its sounds are great 12 bit samples of acoustic drum sounds. Sounds can be individually tuned and mixed and there are 8 individual outputs as well as a stereo out. Its sequencer is basic, coming with 48 preset patterns and 48 user patterns. But it has a simple matrix display similar to that on the TR-505, clearly displaying the current pattern in a graphical layout. The 626 also featured very good MIDI implementation for it's time. It was used extensively by Vangelis. Excellent condition. Comes with original box, packaging, owner's manual, and power supply.

I am also selling a memory card separately.
Roland M128D memory card - $35
These hard-to-find memory cards allow you to store 16k of data from your Roland D-10, D-110, GC-8, Pad 80, PM-16, R-880, TR-626, and other units. I am also selling a Roland TR-626 drum machine that will take this card. Plus you probably get some of my sick beats from back in the day.
Russell Emerson Hall. Throat torturer. Guitar abuser.
Current: Twelves and Bell & Circuit.
Ex: Tyranny Is Tyranny and United Sons of Toil.
"Yeah, that pedal is way too comedic for you. You're not silly at all."
flanneljammies
roman
roman

Postby Major on Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:16 pm

Boombats wrote:Major, your adventures in gear acquisition send a strong message: Fuck tape delays.

Further proof that Boombats speaks the truth:

https://reverb.com/item/6194282-univox- ... 970s-black

UNIVOX EM-350 Tape Echo 1970s Black

Vintage UNIVOX EM-350 tape echo unit. Excellent physical and working condition. Comes with 2 tape cartridges as shown in pics. NO REASONABLE OFFER WILL BE REFUSED SO MAKE AN OFFER I WANT IT GONE.
Major
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion