White Drugs.

CRAP.
81%
NOT CRAP.
19%

Total votes : 134

Re: Illicit Substance: Cocaine

Postby Anthony Flack on Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:25 am

Ah, now see having a kid and joining the military are both things that your parents might want you to do.
Anthony Flack
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby NewDarkAge on Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:05 pm

My roommate is really into this shit. A totally cool individual in every other way pretty much. But seems to have been taken in by the "thrill" of coke and thinks it's the shit. Can't get through to her. Not even playing Eagles records has worked.
bishopdante wrote:BTW was not suggesting that my particular area of interest is buttocks, but it is normal for people of all sexes and sexual persuasions to be into butts, is not weird.
NewDarkAge
Leader with Extraordinary Personality
Leader with Extraordinary Personality

Postby numberthirty on Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:19 pm

NewDarkAge wrote:My roommate is really into this shit. A totally cool individual in every other way pretty much. But seems to have been taken in by the "thrill" of coke and thinks it's the shit. Can't get through to her. Not even playing Eagles records has worked.

Try this Eagles' tune...

https://prfmonthlytributeseries.bandcamp.com/track/aerial-notch-foil

Let's just say that someone involved in that you might be able to pick out is old enough to know better and still dabbles.
154 wrote:Are you in Voivod or something?
numberthirty
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby lieandswell on Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:32 pm

Apparently there's a lot of supply right now because of the peace process in Colombia. The other week a local hippy offered me a bump because he really liked my little parking lot herb garden. Nah, I'm good.
lieandswell
corporal
corporal

Postby enframed on Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:26 pm

I literally hadn't heard the word in 20+ years, then I got a job in a restaurant. Yeah, it's all here. No thanks.

You can't get through to anyone on coke.
Records for sale.

Those most doomed to repeat history are those who know it best.
enframed

Postby BClark on Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:45 am

Cocaine - crap for your body and mind equally.

Coca leaf - not crap. Since I moved to Colombia I've been chewing it nearly every day. if we didn't have such a deranged society in the states it would be legal there and people would be educated about the health benefits.

I came up with a great recipe for a morning tea: Coca leaf + yerba mate (not too much) + hibiscus flower (or "flor de Jamaica" as they say here)... words can't describe.

Frank Decent wrote:
Boombats wrote:Chewing coca leaf with lime is the shit, no regrets.

I've wondered if that would be a cool thing. Just chewing the leaves, as they do traditionally. I imagine the negative aspects would be turned down a lot.

there are no negative aspects. it does essentially the entirely opposite thing for your health. no big rush though, if someone digs cocaine for that they will be disappointed by the leaf. but it is excellent for stress relief, it relaxes my breathing and my stomach, it improves my focus, and contains a ton of vitamins... basically a 180 degree difference from the powder. the only real similarity is the numbness (the leaf alone will numb your mouth a little) and the loss of appetite, with which coca leaf is of course not so extreme.
I composed and produced the album California is Cold by Shahmen. Check out the video we just put out for the song Poison.
BClark
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness

Postby Redline on Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:39 pm

Cocaine = Crap

= Not Crap.

I'm such a hypocrite!
Redline
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby SarahThePerson on Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:33 pm

Some people can dabble I guess. For three years I had a boyfriend who smoked the stuff and it was beyond awful. He just could not quit.

He did himself incredible damage, I hope he can get better 'cause he's a real sweet guy
SarahThePerson
timex
timex

Postby rayword45 on Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:58 pm

I tried it once but it was definitely garbage stuff cut with baking soda or some shit like that. The initial rush was enjoyable, but absolutely not worth the money or addiction risk. Also, coke fiends are up there with bartards for the fucking WORST people to deal with. CRAP though I wonder how my opinion would change should I visit South America.
rayword45
cpt. lee 'apollo' adama
cpt. lee 'apollo' adama

Postby enframed on Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:55 pm

Last time I did coke was 1988. A lot has changed probably.
Records for sale.

enframed

Postby rayword45 on Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:00 pm

Many drugs have gone to shit in recent years. Most of the heroin and opioid pills on the street are made with fentanyl, which will kill your ass fast (that's how Prince died). Coke is definitely super subpar now.

OTOH, weed and psychedelics have only gotten better in recent years.
rayword45
cpt. lee 'apollo' adama
cpt. lee 'apollo' adama

Postby Frank Decent on Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:28 am

fuck this shit. all i've ever seen it do is turn people into whores, my cousin included. it's not worth it.
Redline wrote:The dead bodies on your mattress and the rubber sheets in your wardrobe should dampen the early reflections.
Frank Decent
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge

Postby enframed on Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:41 am

rayword45 wrote:psychedelics have only gotten better in recent years.

Indeed.
Records for sale.

enframed

Postby Me Again on Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:31 pm

Never had a coke phase, never tried it, but after chancing upon this RT piece on Pablo Escobar's hitman the other night, it seems especially appalling:

phpBB [media]

It can argued that the U.S.'s drug war policies and C.I.A. meddling exacerbated the problem, but still...the amount of people who were being murdered back then in order for this white stuff to be available for people to snort up their noses here is downright ghoulish.
...with Euro-Sprockets coming at you from every direction.
Me Again
robert rauschenberg
robert rauschenberg

Postby Heaven is in your beard on Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:38 am

Crap.

Probably responsible for more shit music than any other recreational drug in history (look what it's done to Wayne Coyne). I'll grant that there are exceptions such as early Sabbath (correctly pointed out by Redline above) "There's A Riot Going On" and late 70s Fleetwood Mac, but I know of very few musos with a serious habit that didn't end up either blowing their talents (like Sly Stone) or quitting (like Bowie).

Abandoned my own experiments with it after three or four tries - one of which didn't really count because it was shit gear. Didn't agree with me at all (much like speed).
The panda made me do it.
Heaven is in your beard
judge
judge

Postby SarahThePerson on Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:57 pm

I did coke four times and never really cottoned to it, then I did speed and I DID like speed (rather a scary realization)

I don't know, booze is enough for me. It's an enormous beast. Legal though. Legal.

Occasional hallucinogen in the mix and I'm good,

We need to stop criminalizing people with the problem
SarahThePerson
timex
timex

Postby circle_ruler on Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:49 am

i'm sick to death of people slagging off coke when all i need is a couple of grams but can neither afford it nor do i want to engage with any of the dickheads why might be able to acquire for me.

coke turns me and Jackie into cockneys and it got me my first archaeological job! i like it!
Dudley wrote:Are we "meant" to wear trousers? Are we "meant" to sit in metal tubes that travel 30,000 feet above the earth?
circle_ruler
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

Previous

Return to Crap / Not Crap