home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

dadness

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Re: dadness

Postby travis k on Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:09 pm

I found out that there's a new Samurai Jack movie the other day.
I told my kiddo and she went batshit bananas.
Tomorrow nite on Cartoon Network at 11pm.
I doubt she will be able to stay up for all of it but she's welcome to give it a shot.
travis k
"kick a ginger day" victim
"kick a ginger day" victim

Postby jimmywahcrowbar on Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:36 pm

My son is now 3 and is happy and rambunctious, and I do my best not to be a 'cats in the cradle' style dad. I'm taking him on his first trip away from his mum for 2 weeks next month (heading back to Aus), so that's both exciting and slightly daunting.

Time goes really fast and they grow up really quickly. I imagine that I'll look back on this age as a particularly sweet one. Cheers!
jimmywahcrowbar
les miserables
les miserables

Postby Tom on Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:51 pm

jimmywahcrowbar wrote:My son is now 3 and is happy and rambunctious, and I do my best not to be a 'cats in the cradle' style dad.

Yeah, fuck that. When my old man showed me a Torres Straights Lizard, I swore I wouldn't go farther than an Apache Teepee.
Tom
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity

Postby Tom on Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:20 pm

Sleep time tip:
Our 3 year old had been a tyrant about bedtime for a while. Like an hour of screaming crap. What finally got her to calm the f down was (among some other things): One Hour Of Sleepwalk Played on a constant loop. Might seem cliched, but it fucking worked.
Tom

Postby Nate Dort on Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:39 am

Our 14 month old took his first step yesterday, and our 2.5 yr old immediately shouted, "JJ WALKED LIKE A HOOMAN!" in reference to this meme, which his mother quotes all the time:

Nate Dort
Leader with Extraordinary Personality
Leader with Extraordinary Personality

Postby Janeway on Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:10 am

variation on a theme for a sleep time tip:
my ma got us 80s aerobic jumpsuits and sweatbands and cool gym shoes and when we were too hyper for bed she'd put on a vhs of richard simmons's "sweating to the oldies" and we'd jump up and down for an hour and get tuckered out in time for bed.

the bonus is that it's teaching your kids regular exercise habits they'll carry into adulthood, i can confirm 100% since i literally was just jumping around to "jump around" before bed the other night.
Kayte wrote: i'm like, pour me a fucking synthohol bish.
Janeway
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents

Postby jimmy spako on Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:02 pm

Hello dear friends of the EA boards,

Well, what can I say about Casey (aka Casey Rae Ornelio Kleber, aka C-Rae, aka The Milkman), this little dude who came into my life in dramatic fashion in the very early hours of March 6th? He came out, with a couple solid shoves from a laid-back head doc and a couple tugs on the skullcap from a beaming, confidence-inspiring assistant, facing up, a stargazer they said, but in truth he could just as well have been an earthgazer if his mom had been on all fours instead. May he make his own meaning and may I have what it takes to help him do that at every turn.

He is a sweet little dude, relaxed and funny. Momma D. is also in good shape and very happy. I'm able to be around a lot taking care of them between disappearing into my little room to work in fits throughout the day and night.

Thanks to everybody who encouraged me on here over the last year or so and for all the advice. I probably wouldn't be here if it weren't for our little thing here at the PRF, I know that sounds crazy but it's true. I'm thankful for all the twists and turns that brought me here and am glad that I have a place to hash out parenting stuff with you guys.

Much love to all of you and yours,

Jimmy
Attachments
rsz_casey_&_jimmy.jpg
Isabelle Gall wrote:'Do not go smoothly into that dark night'
jimmy spako
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

Postby Tom on Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:30 pm

Congrats dude!

He's adorable.
Tom

Postby noise&light on Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:55 pm

Great, great, wonderful news!
There's no reason
To feel all the hard times
To lay down the hard lines
It's absolutely true
noise&light
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived

Postby djimbe on Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:35 pm

jimmy spako wrote: May he make his own meaning and may I have what it takes to help him do that at every turn.

I suspect you've got both covered, because the latter makes the former happen.

Congratulations! Salut! Enjoy the ride. It's a hell of a ride...
djimbe
freelance sperm donor
freelance sperm donor

Postby eliya on Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:36 pm

Congratulations, Jimmy! C-Rae is adorable!
eliya

Postby bassdriver on Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:28 am

Herzlichen Glückwunsch Herr Spako!!!!
ImDADA wrote: Die Richtung ist die Chefetage.
bassdriver
Eternal Bosom of Hot Love
Eternal Bosom of Hot Love

Postby tbone on Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:57 pm

Congrats, jimmy spako!

As a matter of fact, my daughter Wren was also born on March 6th. We are forever PRF dadness 3/6 bros!

Everyone is doing great. Last week was a bit crazy because (OF COURSE) my 5yo got strep on the same day my wife went into labor. Muchas gracias to FM's Pepper! and redheadache for helping out. And then my wife had to stay a couple of days at the hospital due to an infection, but they didn't let the baby stay that long. So I had to come home for a night with a newborn and a sick older brother at home and be a single dad. WOOHOO FOR-PROFIT HEALTHCARE!

But the baby has been doing great, this one actually seems to be pretty stoked to sleep unlike my first kid.

Gonna have to fish out the black metal baby bjorn from PRF BBQ 2012 and dust that off sometime soon perhaps...
Attachments
1-WrenNewborn.jpg
1-WrenNewborn.jpg (34.93 KiB) Viewed 1701 times
I play guitar in Mayor For Life and Jackhammer Hearts
tbone
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

Postby jimmy spako on Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:21 pm

Thanks, everybody!

And congrats, tbone! Lovely kid and an awesome name. Damn, dude, that is kind of my nightmare at the moment, having to cope alone, but seems like you handled it like a boss, well done.

Everything is pretty cool here one week into being at home. Breastfeeding is going alright thanks to gd nipple shields (after having been very painful). D. is pretty strung out from too little sleep at times, because the little one is a bit fussy and doesn't sleep for long stretches the way we've been doing things and I have to make sure to get a minimum of sleep, which means earplugs at times, because I am in the middle of a peak translation phase for a festival. We sussed out that he sleeps well to music, so I've got him next to me in my little office/studio coming up on midnight now, lights off except for a desk lamp, still working here, while he sleeps and listens to noise/ambient tapes (among others from FM cjh) on a dictaphone w/ built-in speaker resting at his feet. He's digging Helm's new tape now in his dreams, Olivia Block on deck. Pretty cool. I had hoped that this might work so that D. can get some relief and I might be able to have him in here a lot while I translate or work on music.

I sing to him a lot in the morning, fuck around with a little karaoke mini-amp and mic from PaperJamz and he seems to be into it. At least he hasn't said otherwise.
Isabelle Gall wrote:'Do not go smoothly into that dark night'
jimmy spako
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

Postby amplituden on Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:33 am

Being a lifelong book loving nerd, it does my heart good to see my almost 8 year old had the bug as well.

We went to the library yesterday morning and between doing active things he is psyched to just sit and read. He is racing me I am only at page 160 of the book I got yesterday, he is on page 212.
Maybe a little less yelling and a little more hugging.
amplituden
linus torvalds
linus torvalds

Postby Janeway on Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:43 am

its a good idea to randomly check filters every few months to make sure the crazy shit on the internet doesn't get through child-safety settings..

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-39381889

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3187437/s ... pig-clips/

i think how involved you are with internet viewing decreases naturally as they get older, but you're never done making sure something scarring isnt able to infiltrate their little internet world. . the web is the worldwide wild west and makes me nuts.
Kayte wrote: i'm like, pour me a fucking synthohol bish.
Janeway

Postby eliya on Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:30 pm

Congratulations, Todd!
eliya

Postby enframed on Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:14 am

tbone wrote:Congrats, jimmy spako!

As a matter of fact, my daughter Wren was also born on March 6th. We are forever PRF dadness 3/6 bros!

3/6 PRFia!

Congrats to you both!
Records for sale.

Those most doomed to repeat history are those who know it best.
enframed
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby flytox on Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:09 pm

Week 13 now so I guess there aren´t too many things to be afraid of anymore. J is doing great with huge head and tiny arms and legs. Looks like a six inch T Rex.

On Tuesday were doing a nuchal scan. I always used to think that I would never have a baby with a handicap. I was never anti-abortion. But now that I have seen these pictures and that I have developed this crazy bond...how could I allow someone to stab my child and vacuum it away?

This would be such a hard decision. I really hope this cup is taken away from me.

Prenatal diagnostics. Blessings and curse.
flytox
hubert humphrey
hubert humphrey

Postby Luzwei on Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:24 pm

This little rascal is 4 years old and this is her playing a piano. Actually, it's a radiator. But it's a piano to her. Singing a tune from Frozen. Ugh.

And she's fluent in English, but we never spoke a word of English to her. Kids.
lemur68 wrote:A bite from a Lu Zworis is also highly venomous.

I Joe 4 play.
Luzwei

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion