home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

dadness

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Re: dadness

Postby yard barf on Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:17 pm

A friend of mine told her kids that the ice cream truck only plays music when he's out of ice cream. She posted a video of them watching the truck go down the street, with them complaining, "he's ALWAYS out of ice cream."
User avatar
yard barf
took picture of naked guy
took picture of naked guy
 
Posts: 1164
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:46 pm
Location: beside the point

Re: dadness

Postby Teacher's Pet on Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:58 pm

That is diabolical.

They are gonna find out the truth one day, what then?
User avatar
Teacher's Pet
urinated in reservoir
urinated in reservoir
 
Posts: 1528
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:15 pm
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Re: dadness

Postby Janeway on Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:00 am

uhh... are you sure you're not talking about your pal janeway and her southern belle grandma raising her and her sister to think that the ice cream truck was out of ice cream when it plays music? somebody kerble me or can i at least get an alleluia?
Kayte wrote: i'm like, pour me a fucking synthohol bish.
User avatar
Janeway
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents
 
Posts: 3892
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: here

Re: dadness

Postby Janeway on Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:19 am

i'll kerble myself with another story cause you know what? folks repeat themselves haha so go ahead and be the kind of dadnesses that don't hide crying from their kids.

even though he wasn't part of my life very often, i still managed to witness my sasquatch dad cry in front of me and it was humanizing and no different to witness publicly than if he was laughing and then since he actually started laughing and being silly right away again after it was just like... that's how you teach your kids emotions and tough times. you teach them not to hide their sorrow and how to process their feelings well enough to be happy again

my dad was crying because of me. it was the only time he'd ever spanked me and the guilty tears brought forth were way more plentiful than the one little pat on the bottom i got haha that i wasn't even crying about. he just didn't know how to get me to stop telling everyone in line at mcdonald's that he farted.
Kayte wrote: i'm like, pour me a fucking synthohol bish.
User avatar
Janeway
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents
 
Posts: 3892
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: here

Re: dadness

Postby Janeway on Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:28 pm

haha and dadnesses, don't hide your music from your kids even if they seem not to get it
phpBB [media]

cause sometimes your daughters actually go for it and absorb the music and didn't even need a dick to help them find it cool.
Kayte wrote: i'm like, pour me a fucking synthohol bish.
User avatar
Janeway
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents
 
Posts: 3892
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: here

Re: dadness

Postby the finger genius on Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:31 pm

Image
jimmy two hands wrote:Then we all log off internet and eat nachos. All is well.

Eighteen Hundred and Froze to Death
User avatar
the finger genius
suspicious flashlight
suspicious flashlight
 
Posts: 1351
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 10:04 pm
Location: NJ

Re: dadness

Postby travis k on Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:59 pm

Kiddo destroying the boys in gym
Class. Fastest wind sprint in her grade (6th) and longest sit up endurance challenge. This will all change soon I'm sure. But right now she's the queen !!! (She's been training soccer all summer while the boys play video games and summer in the Hamptons or whatever the fuck.)
User avatar
travis k
not wearing any pants
not wearing any pants
 
Posts: 1306
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:45 pm
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Re: dadness

Postby flytox on Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:33 pm

flytox wrote:
Tom wrote:Flytox, congrats! Good luck!


Thank you! Good news today, doctor saw a heartbeat...which minimizes a lot of first risks as I was told. Feeling of relief at first. Strange feelings thereafter.

No matter if girl or boy...her or his first name is going to begin with a J...so working title is J now.


One and a half days to go...on Monday HE will be here. I´m fucking shitting my pants. So many crazy thoughts. "Me...a father???" being one of them. Everything will be fine, right?

Right? :-?
User avatar
flytox
hubert humphrey
hubert humphrey
 
Posts: 494
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:39 am
Location: Germany

Re: dadness

Postby hylje on Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:48 pm

flytox wrote:
One and a half days to go...on Monday HE will be here. I´m fucking shitting my pants. So many crazy thoughts. "Me...a father???" being one of them. Everything will be fine, right?

Right? :-?


We are about to leave to the hospital soon. So right there with you mr. flytox. I've kept my cool, but couldn't really sleep last night. If not today SHE will be here soon. Fuuuuuck!
User avatar
hylje
carter family
carter family
 
Posts: 380
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:12 am

Re: dadness

Postby jimmy spako on Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:06 am

flytox wrote:
flytox wrote:
Tom wrote:Flytox, congrats! Good luck!


Thank you! Good news today, doctor saw a heartbeat...which minimizes a lot of first risks as I was told. Feeling of relief at first. Strange feelings thereafter.

No matter if girl or boy...her or his first name is going to begin with a J...so working title is J now.


One and a half days to go...on Monday HE will be here. I´m fucking shitting my pants. So many crazy thoughts. "Me...a father???" being one of them. Everything will be fine, right?

Right? :-?


I know we have tangled before, so you may not want to hear it from me, but I was very worried like you during the pregnancy. It was our only shot due to age, we wouldn't have tried again and adoption would not have worked out for us (you probably know how hard it is in Germany depending on a number of factors). I was so relieved a couple days after the birth. I am happy for you that you are just a couple days away now.

Everything will be cool. It can be super intense. They do not tell you ahead of time how crazy the normal stuff is, like I had never heard of them essentially giving the baby shoves by pressing very firmly on the mother's stomache during final contractions. Our little guy had to be pulled out with the suction thing and the doctor was shoving hard, apparently he kept climbing back in between contractions, it was pretty dramatic to say the least ;-) But I seemed far more traumatized than him minutes after he joined us outside.

Good luck to both of you.

It's almost enough to make you a believer, against your better judgement. It's the greatest.
Isabelle Gall wrote:'Do not go smoothly into that dark night'
User avatar
jimmy spako
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer
 
Posts: 4928
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:49 am
Location: schnitzel circuit

Re: dadness

Postby flytox on Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:15 am

My son Jonas came into my life on Monday. Everything is great right now.

hylje wrote: We are about to leave to the hospital soon. So right there with you mr. flytox. I've kept my cool, but couldn't really sleep last night. If not today SHE will be here soon. Fuuuuuck!


So? How did it go? Is everything okay?

jimmy spako wrote:I know we have tangled before, so you may not want to hear it from me, but I was very worried like you during the pregnancy.


Christians like us know how to forgive, right?
Kidding. No ire here, brother.

jimmy spako wrote: You probably know how hard it is in Germany depending on a number of factors.


Yes, I heard so from a friend. I used to think everybody could walk into the orphanage and pick the child he´d like to adopt. It´s crazy! There are children without parents and couples who would love to have a child...and they can not be brought together for some stupid administrative reasons.

jimmy spako wrote:Everything will be cool. It can be super intense. They do not tell you ahead of time how crazy the normal stuff is, like I had never heard of them essentially giving the baby shoves by pressing very firmly on the mother's stomache during final contractions. Our little guy had to be pulled out with the suction thing and the doctor was shoving hard, apparently he kept climbing back in between contractions, it was pretty dramatic to say the least ;-) But I seemed far more traumatized than him minutes after he joined us outside.

Good luck to both of you.


Thank you very much, man. You´re so right. This is nothing to be prepared for. Months of waiting and pondering and failing to get into "that state of mind"...and then it happens and it takes a few moments to realize what is going on. And two days later you can not imagine to live without it anymore. It IS the greatest. It´s pure love. It sweeps all cynicism away. Good luck to both of you, too. Seems like little C-Rae has brought a lot of light into your life.
User avatar
flytox
hubert humphrey
hubert humphrey
 
Posts: 494
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:39 am
Location: Germany

Re: dadness

Postby night_tools on Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:24 pm

Woo hoo! Congratulations man!

We're expecting in March so I will be lurking on this thread a bit more (and re-visiting it for wisdom).
You're a shit MD and I want my pizza money back.
User avatar
night_tools
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge
 
Posts: 5388
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:32 am
Location: Solar Island

Re: dadness

Postby Luzwei on Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:15 am

So this is Luna. She 4,5 years old. And she's making me a hairdo.

Image

Time fucking flies.
lemur68 wrote:A bite from a Lu Zworis is also highly venomous.


I Joe 4 play.
User avatar
Luzwei
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
 
Posts: 8998
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:13 am
Location: Zagreb, Hrvatska

Re: dadness

Postby Model Citizen on Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:39 am

night_tools wrote:Woo hoo! Congratulations man!

We're expecting in March so I will be lurking on this thread a bit more (and re-visiting it for wisdom).


Awesome, congratulations! And welcome Jonas! Luz I can't believe Luna is that old already, she's a really cute kid.

My son is two and loves dinosaurs. My wife buys him dinosaur pasta and there's like hundreds of them in a bowl. At mealtime he'll carefully pick up each one and ask me what kind of dinosaur it is before eating it, takes us like an hour to eat while I say Triceratops, Diplodocus, etc.

I started messing around and calling them doyouthinkhesaurus, poopysaurus, Frank, John, and the like until I realised he's taking all this stuff seriously so now I research different dinosaur types to tell him at meals.
Model Citizen
Master of Lit., Arts, & Architecture
Master of Lit., Arts, & Architecture
 
Posts: 3540
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:21 am
Location: Immigrant

Re: dadness

Postby Luzwei on Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:00 am

Yup, and thank you Adam. And she's more fluent and fluid in English than me.

Apropos pasta, she only eats spaghetti. We tried with Mickey and Princess themed, even with Dinosaurs. So yeah. We can't make her eat anything other shaped than spaghetti.

Kids. They grow up so fast.
lemur68 wrote:A bite from a Lu Zworis is also highly venomous.


I Joe 4 play.
User avatar
Luzwei
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
 
Posts: 8998
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:13 am
Location: Zagreb, Hrvatska

Re: dadness

Postby hylje on Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:29 am

We're still in the hospital. Because of some placenta stuff doctors decided it would be best to get the baby out little earlier. We got to the maternity ward on Monday. Long story short: still here, the baby is fine but just not born yet. When she's out they will monitor her at least for one night because of some heart stuff. It's been a bit too exciting 9 months.

Maybe I'll write more coherent and informative post after I get some sleep.
User avatar
hylje
carter family
carter family
 
Posts: 380
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:12 am

Re: dadness

Postby hylje on Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:32 pm

Soooo, the baby was born yesterday evening! Three days of induced labor! Lots of fun!

Holy hell the baby is beautiful and magical. I spent most of today just holding her and watch her sleep.
They are still in the hospital, baby and her mother. They'll be there at least until Monday.

Nope, can't write any more coherent stuff. Sorry about that.
User avatar
hylje
carter family
carter family
 
Posts: 380
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:12 am

Re: dadness

Postby Luzwei on Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:10 pm

CONGRATS DAD!!! PLEASE DON'T KILL YOURSELF NOW!!!
lemur68 wrote:A bite from a Lu Zworis is also highly venomous.


I Joe 4 play.
User avatar
Luzwei
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
 
Posts: 8998
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:13 am
Location: Zagreb, Hrvatska

Re: dadness

Postby hylje on Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:26 am

I'LL TRY NOT TO!

And thanks!
User avatar
hylje
carter family
carter family
 
Posts: 380
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:12 am

Re: dadness

Postby Janeway on Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:16 am

fuckin awesome dude, good job :)
Kayte wrote: i'm like, pour me a fucking synthohol bish.
User avatar
Janeway
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents
 
Posts: 3892
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: here

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot], MatthewK and 10 guests