home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

Building shared studio

Got a question about our studios? Ask us.

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Building shared studio

Postby mgrusgaard on Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:36 pm

Hi, looking for some pointers here...

I'll be building a studio, that multiple people, bands etc will have access to. It'l be associated to a live venue, and the plan is to enable live rec's to the bands themselves (not always with house-technician present), and build 'practice rooms' (?) and let the bands renting the rooms have studio access.

Anny ideas about hardware/software priorities or implemented rules/practices that would keep such a studio functional for as long as possible :)

Of course, it's to be copenhagens *Top Studio*, on a limited budget, but really, we're aiming higher than serious bedroom-studios, just trying to deal with the hopefully-never-to-be chaos in advance. Anyone have experience from educational or shared studio-environments? Would be much appreciated!

Beep,

Michael

Sorry, googled around your homepage and just posted... Know i'm OT, but anyway, since uve read this, any pointers? ;)
mgrusgaard

Postby MTAR on Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:41 am

i don't recommened sharing a studio. Even with juist one other person, let a lone a bunch of people. That's my 2 cents.
Michael Gregory Bridavsky

Russian Recording
Memory Map
Push-Pull
MTAR
Supreme Commander at the Forefront
Supreme Commander at the Forefront

Re: Building shared studio

Postby Frankie_Insulina on Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:45 am

hey Michael

I realize it's 10 years now from your original post, so I do wonder if you will ever read my message. I wanted to PM you but it looks like you didn't share your personal contacts...

Anyway, here I go

I'm researching into recording studio and new business models. I'm from Italy but I moved in Berlin a couple of years ago. I'm especially interested in shared spaces and co-working culture, which is very popular around here. It sounds like your project has lots to do with the topic I'm looking into, so I'd like to hear from you if you managed to set up your business the way you wanted and if things are going the right way.

Hope you will get back to me someday

Cheers!
Frankie_Insulina

Return to Studio Questions